Sprint Users are out of luck until Nov 8th

Search This thread

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
OMG i was trying to log on to my account to check my monthly minutes used recently and i'm locked out for entering my password incorrectly too many times or something

so annoying. i've had it up to HERE with this crappy company. my own fault? yeah, probably so, but they make everything so inconvenient. just remembering all the menus i have to dig through to even pull up the month-to-month data is ridiculously tedious. over it.

lolcopter

Jul 27, 2010
they didn't change your contract or anything, correct? some random comments i've seen on other sites state that sprint wanted them to sign a new 2 year agreement, which is insane.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
So what do you think the chances are that Sprint reveals that they will not activate the 32gb version and all of us are going to have to return our phones?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
Just got on Sprint chat and ordered the SIM card with the SKU number as the one above. Will be here on Wednesday. No charge for the SIM card but $12.95 for shippping it that fast.

Now I'm concerned about the 32GB issue...since that is what I ordered.

What a mess.

I guess until then I can just use the phone on WiFi?

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Just got on Sprint chat and ordered the SIM card with the SKU number as the one above. Will be here on Wednesday. No charge for the SIM card but $12.95 for shippping it that fast.

Now I'm concerned about the 32GB issue...since that is what I ordered.

What a mess.

I guess until then I can just use the phone on WiFi?

Yeah hopefully using an existing sim card will help. As of now, I won't have my phone for another 3 weeks, so at least if Sprint does end up not activating the 32gb then I can just cancel my order.

I wish we could get clarification.

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
Yeah hopefully using an existing sim card will help. As of now, I won't have my phone for another 3 weeks, so at least if Sprint does end up not activating the 32gb then I can just cancel my order.

I wish we could get clarification.

I'm guessing Spring would want to sell the 32GB option on their site too, so eventually it'll happen. The problem is when? I hope they don't **** around leaving us who bought from Google Play just hanging since we didn't buy from them.

sarcoptic

Jul 10, 2008
I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...

Reactions: Rxpert

91SDLegend

Nov 1, 2013
I will be talking to a few Sprint CSR's and see if I can find any consistency within their responses about whether or not the 32GB will be able to be activated on Sprint. I am just as concerned as you guys are since I ordered the 32GB myself and I'm set to get it delivered on Thursday.

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
I got mine activated with no issues tonight at the sprint store. I went in and asked for the sim card for the s4 (didn't mention the nexus 5). He came back and said I need to see the phone to tie the IMEI to the sim. I whipped out the nexus 5 and assured him it would work. He proceeded to scan the IMEI and scan the SIM tieing the 2 together. He then swapped phones on my account. I was in and out in 20 minutes with a fully functional nexus 5 on the Sprint network. Based on the conversation he was led to belief the nexus 5 would need a special sim card and the s4/htc one sim card would not work. In the end we were both happy...

16gb or 32gb?

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
Trying a connection of mine that is a GM for Sprint Stores. Curious what he can give me as input on the 32GB issue.

Reactions: mjs2011

BamAlmighty

Feb 16, 2008
They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.

Reactions: umbra6

SComp23

Feb 17, 2008
https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671485

"Thank you for taking the time to contact us.

At this time, we are only supporting the 16GB Nexus 5. The system is/will not recognize the serial number for any device outside of that. I deeply do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. www.sprint.com/newsroon is a great place to stay on top of updates, should there be any."

Ah. Glad I paid for second day air for the phone and overnight for the SIM.

RedWingsFan

Jul 7, 2010
So who dropped the ball?

Sprint not being clear at what they'd support from Google Play?

Or Google for not verifying what Sprint would sell?

But why wouldn't Sprint support the 32gb model? It isn't like the 16gb model is exclusive to them? And the extra space isn't going to take away anything from them.

They want to play a game, okay. I don't plan on returning my 32GB if Sprint won't activate it, I'll just keep it on Tmobile and roam the piss out of my Sprint SG4 until they release me out of contract.

I second this. Having the phone in hand and so close to activation. If it's stalled just because it's 32 gig I will seriously lose it with the people I talked to today.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium HD app

mjs2011

May 25, 2011
Wow....

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Guess I'm sticking with my S4 then.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    To Enable 2600mhz clearwire TD-LTE and 800mhz bands-

This is the info I got from a very good sprint tech I know. I am only passing along info, I am not responsible for anything that happens. Change settings at your own discretion.

*#*#3282#*#*

Goto LTE > Edit > Enter your MSL > Enable Band 41 and 26 > set priorities for band 41 "1", band 25 "0", band 26 "0" > reboot. (MSL can be obtained from sprint chat but the sprint tech told me they longer have MSL and if they did, it would be the default which is 78252 or something along those lines).

After reboot, go back into LTE > Priorities > and it should be 41 > 25 > 26. This is the order according to sprint.

2600mhz clearwire TD-LTE as it is the largest and fastest pipe > followed by regular 1900mhz LTE for offloading overloaded LTE > 800mhz for strength in building penetration.

Goto *#*#33284#*#* > LTE Engineering to see what band your currently connected to. If your connected 41 or 26, your on spark. 25 is our network vision standard 1900mhz LTE.

This is the info I got from a very good sprint tech I know. I am only passing along info, I am not responsible for anything that happens. Change settings at your own discretion.

I've enabled all LTE bands on my phone for the past 2 days and have yet to connect 41 or 26. Always 25. I will keep my eyes open as they should be turned on or turning on any moment now.
    Can confirm that my 32GB Nexus 5 is now active on Sprint. LTE and everything is functioning as intended.
    Glad to see Sprint is beginning to activate the 32GB devices.

Now my question is for those who have been able to get it done......what is the proper process?

- Do you need to activate the SIM on your account first? I'm a newbie to SIMs and Sprint has overnighted me one.
    - Do you just start the activation process online, use the first 14 Digits, and then switch to chat when things get screwy?

Thanks.

I'll give you my step-by-step.

This assumes you already have received you UICC card.

1. Log onto Sprint website.
    2. Navigate to "My Phones" and proceed to activate your phone on whatever line you choose.
    3. Enter MEID Minus the last digit.
    4. Recieve error telling you phone caannot activate at this time.
    5. Open chat and fill in with appropriate info.
    6. When chat employee asks for ESN, just give them the IMEI minus the final digit.
    7. They will ask for UICC #, give that to them.
    8. Profit.
    I would say us 32's are good to go- https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/671707#671707

Lets not forget good Sprint reps are hard to find. Just a case of people being uneducated on a new and unfamiliar device. The left hand of Sprint often does not know what the right and is doing...
    Here is a Sprint memo from 10/31 that explicitly states the 32GB version sold in the Play store will be supported.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4989-lg-nexus-5-users-thread/?p=232113

I'm sure this will be sorted out before weeks end.