[Q] Xperia S TV Remote Control not working

Search This thread

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
I have Sony Bravia KDL-40D3500 TV and i am connecting my Xperia S using HDMI cable provided in the box

I can not browse my phone using the TV Remote at all.

Searched all the internet but no solution actually no one having this issue except me.

Even under External Inputs from TV remote i select HDMI Device Selection as Player 1 it does not work its displays following

Launching. Please wait.

Communication failed. please check your cable or connection.

Under "setting --> HDMI Setup --> Device List Update" could not able to find anything even my phone is connected. and if i select "HDMI Device List" nothing is listed there as well.

not sure what can i do but its shame the sony phone does not work with Sony Bravia. I have check the spec of this tv it says it has Bravia Sync but not sure how to locate it ?

thanks

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
I have a Sony Kdl, dont think its the same as yours. For the remote to work the tv launcher app needs to be running, also in the tv options I found "enable hdmi control" or simlar, it then warns you that standby will use more elec. Once I enabled this the remote worked, I used hdmi 3 too on the side

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
Hi

Tv launcher app is running in background even bringing it to foreground does not make any difference.

Enable hdmi control ? Where u found this option? On tv settings or xperia s?

Cause I dont see any warning abt elec at standby at all.

When u say hdmi 3 ? What this means?

So confused. Please help :-(
Sent from my LT26i using XDA

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Hi

Tv launcher app is running in background even bringing it to foreground does not make any difference.

Enable hdmi control ? Where u found this option? On tv settings or xperia s?

Cause I dont see any warning abt elec at standby at all.

When u say hdmi 3 ? What this means?

So confused. Please help :-(
Sent from my LT26i using XDA

For HDMI 3,
I think he meant the jack number on the TV.
Sent from my X10 Mini Pro using Tapatalk

sgsgs

Apr 11, 2011
It does work with my Panasonic TV. Like WasherUK says, need to enable hdmi control on your TV setup.

For Panasonic, it is called Vierra Link.

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
On my Sony KDL tv the option is

Home Button

Setup/Hdmi Set Up/Control For HDMI = On

Yes HDMI 3 was just the 3rd HDMI input on the TV meaning the HDMI control is not exclusive to HDMI input 1

There is an option on the XS too that needs to be checked about Remote Control.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

One other thing I noticed today, when you run the TV launcher if you scroll the icons with your finger on the screen before using the tv remote then the remote wont work. I had to press the home tab on the phone to close tv launcher and re run it then dont touch the screen with your finger, try the tv remote first.

denaz

Apr 21, 2009
Italy
I had the same issue with my sony kdl.
The first thing i had to do was to update the tv firmware!
Then, what i did was to plug the xperia to the tv via hdmi and launch the tv app.
Then on the tv i've launched the "discover hdmi peripheals". The tv saw the phone and then i was able to use the remote to control the phone.

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
tried almost everything but no luck :(

Here is the outcome:

My KDL40D3500 only has 2 HDMI sockets
On my remote (RM-ED009) I do not have any Home key.

I guess the MENU key is equivalent to that.

Menu-->Settings-->Set-up-->HDMI Setup contains following
HDMI Control ------------- ON
Auto Device Off ---------- ON
Auto TV On -------------- ON
Device List Update
HDMI Device List

there is nothin appeared in HDMI Device List even after doing Device List Update.

Second thing is as below:

Menu --> External Inputs --> HDMI Device Selection (greyed out when xperia is not connected)

When connected i select this option and it displays a list saying Player 1 (only in the list)
also sometimes player 1 and Player 2, which is same as the text appears on the left hand top corner of the TV.

Even i select, it says on the bottom right hand corner.

"Launching. Please wait."

then after couple of seconds

"Communication failed. please check your cable or connection."

Also i am surprise i cannot see any specific setting to BRAVIA as well.

The only thing left is to update the firmware of Sony KDL, but i dont know how to do that. looking on internet for this, if anyone knows how to update it ?

On xperia option about remote control is checked.

WasherUK

Mar 18, 2012
Manchester
Very odd :confused:

When I connect my phone to the tv the tv says "Cell Phone" does yours?
Dont forget once you run the tv launcher (the screen with a few apps along the bottom and music player at the top not your normal phone home screen) dont touch the screen again, it seems you can either use the remote or your finger not both. If you use your finger you have to repeat the connection process without touching the screen for the remote to work.

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
Mine does not detect it at all. so nothing like cell phone

Only this happens when i connect phone

"Menu --> External Inputs --> HDMI Device Selection (greyed out when xperia is not connected)

When connected i select this option and it displays a list saying Player 1 (only in the list)
also sometimes player 1 and Player 2, which is same as the text appears on the left hand top corner of the TV."

i think i should give up, xperia s is not worth wasting time.

"on ur face SONY"

btw my phone also developed "yellow tint" on screen if used intensively for about 5-10 mins

this is apparently happened to lot of other user... see talk.sonymobile and search for "yellow tint"

w. junior

Dec 22, 2010
Any news?

Same here. I have a KLV-37NL14A and I can not control the XS using the remote control. The TV does not recognize the XS when I update the list on the menu.

Sonylistens

Sep 22, 2011
Subhan222 Resolution to HDMI

Hello Subhan222,

In order for your issue to be resolved you will need to use a high speed HDMI cable in order for it to work. If you need any other assistance please use our eSupport website at esupport.sony.com

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,
Josh James
SonySupport USA

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
What u r talking abt mate...

I got Sony xs n cable from the same box... If u think cable is not right why Sony put that cable in xs box then?

I m just normal user... On adverts u show everything like charm n in reality... Its not even worth penny....

I hate Sony...

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
What u r talking abt mate...

I got Sony xs n cable from the same box... If u think cable is not right why Sony put that cable in xs box then?

I m just normal user... On adverts u show everything like charm n in reality... Its not even worth penny....

I hate Sony...

I think you shouldn't act like that. Anyway, I don't know about your TV, but mine Samsung 32' LED Serie 5 recognizes my phone as a usual HDMI connection. To enter the HDMI mode on the phone, I just connect to the HDMI in that the cable is connected...

Subhan222

Apr 8, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Huawei P20
Hi... Not sure how u took my words but I mean to say high speed hdmi cable cannot be a solution for that. I know it works on many tv and my tv model is mentioned above. I also know it doesn't work on many tv's but I think behind this concept is to make every bravia technology virtually linked. My tv is bravia n made by Sony. If it is not supported on this tv I loose my trust on Sony. No big deal but it would be ideal to work in that. Not buying Sony product again. I have had every popular thing Sony has made but I think it's time to move on. Thanks Sony. N you guys to responding to old thread. I was already given up. Lols