[APP][2.1+] BeWeather Pro for Android

Search This thread

mrrick

May 23, 2011
Ormond Beach FL.
208a2b3c-256c-0c65.jpg

Just downloaded the update from market.. Getting this now. Tried entering the unlock code and still getting it, any ideas?

*signed

stevetrooper

Jul 6, 2010
Kansas
Yes, force closing launcher does fix problem, however I do agree that BeWeather is somewhat at fault. Other widgets refresh without issue (tweetdeck, etc). It seems on scheduled weather update causes it to happen the most.

I am on ICS 4.0.3 for the Epic Touch 4G and I have the same problem with beweather widget freezing. I have since gone back to Beautiful Widgets and no problems. Hopefully this gets fixed.

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
Yes, force closing launcher does fix problem, however I do agree that BeWeather is somewhat at fault. Other widgets refresh without issue (tweetdeck, etc). It seems on scheduled weather update causes it to happen the most.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Today, stopping the launcher does not refresh the beweather widget. It stayed frozen.

reinbeau

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 14, 2010
South of Boston, MA
According to a Google Issue reported by some users the widget freezing problem might not be BeWeather's fault. It seems to happen to other widgets on ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 as well.

We are looking into this to find out if this is an ICS or a BeWeather bug.

See http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28216 for details.

Please try the proposed workaround and force close the launcher app when the widget freezes. Does it update again after that?

But I'm on Gingerbread ;)

Sent from a state of Serendipity....

bgm307

Jan 7, 2012
I can't get the widgets to stay on the home screen on either of my tablets, an Acer A100 and an Asus tf300. Both running android 4.03. I move the widget to the home screen, the setting page pops up. I change a couple of settings and go back to the home screen. the widget is not there. Running the latest beweather pro 1.2.18. Am I missing something?

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
I can't get the widgets to stay on the home screen on either of my tablets, an Acer A100 and an Asus tf300. Both running android 4.03. I move the widget to the home screen, the setting page pops up. I change a couple of settings and go back to the home screen. the widget is not there. Running the latest beweather pro 1.2.18. Am I missing something?

I'm running the 4x3 widget without issue on my Acer A500, with 4.0.4.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

bgm307

Jan 7, 2012
I'm running the 4x3 widget without issue on my Acer A500, with 4.0.4.

Sent from my Iconia A500 using Tapatalk 2

Are you running a leaked build or a different rom? I didn't know 4.0.4 was out. No matter what I try, the widgets just will not stick on my home screen in either Acer A100 or the Asus tf 300. Am I the only one who can't get it to work?

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
Are you running a leaked build or a different rom? I didn't know 4.0.4 was out. No matter what I try, the widgets just will not stick on my home screen in either Acer A100 or the Asus tf 300. Am I the only one who can't get it to work?

Different ROM from Thor.

blackfoot

@digidep -- are you using Apex Launcher perchance? If so there was an issue regarding it's installation as a system app/'normal' app which caused this situation -- I had it myself.

Placing widgets was fine, but move away from that screen and they would disappear....

@pfluger +1 on the freezing widgets.... (AOKP r31, Apex Launcher, TF101)

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
@digidep -- are you using Apex Launcher perchance? If so there was an issue regarding it's installation as a system app/'normal' app which caused this situation -- I had it myself.

Placing widgets was fine, but move away from that screen and they would disappear....

@pfluger +1 on the freezing widgets.... (AOKP r31, Apex Launcher, TF101)

No, stock Android launcher.

SeanyC

Jan 3, 2008
Dartford
Well it appears my clock has stopped. I suppose I can assume the widget has now ceased to update the weather as well.

Phone Specs:
Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Android Revolution HD 4.0.0 Rom, Jame Bond Kernel 3.1.7 khlang

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
wish the freezing issue is resolved. the best weather + clock application but freezing :(

Looks like @pfluger isn't monitoring this thread anymore. Might have to start using bellshare support forums, or wait until Jelly Bean (Android 5.0) comes out this fall for the next update.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Looks like @pfluger isn't monitoring this thread anymore. Might have to start using bellshare support forums, or wait until Jelly Bean (Android 5.0) comes out this fall for the next update.

There is more than one guy at bellshare and they DO monitor this thread. They are continuing to work on the issues with ics. Please be patient.

:thumbup::D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Scarinzi

blackfoot

Replace Default Iconset?

Took this off my TF101 because of the Widget freeze issue, lasted 2 days trying out numerous others and have come back to it.

I'm having another issue which I don't think is an app fault/bug, but after a reboot (currently ICS on the TF101 suffers from RRs and SODs) the default iconset returns.
I normally have the Plain iconset (I prefer minimalist graphics).

Is there a way to replace the default iconset with the Plain one I have downloaded? at least after a RR or SOD, the iconset would then remain.

I looked through the various file locations for BeWeather but can't find where they're stored. Anyone know different?

digidep

Jun 15, 2011
There is more than one guy at bellshare and they DO monitor this thread. They are continuing to work on the issues with ics. Please be patient.

:thumbup::D

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

What was updates every couple of days has now been 16+ without any.
Hopefully they have something soon to address the widget freezing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BeWeather is a visually stunning weather app for Android. People coming from a BlackBerry might know us for apps like BerryBuzz/BeBuzz and BerryWeather.

To join this beta you need a licensed version of BeWeather Pro. BeWeather can be purchased at http://market.android.com/details?id=com.bellshare.beweather

Please install over your existing installation to make sure your license can be detected.

Download the latest beta APK from http://www.bellshare.com/downloads/beta/public_beweather_android_apr12/beweather-release.apk

Posting of your device ID is NOT NEEDED ANYMORE.

Version 1.2.18 - 4/23/2012 3:00 PM EST
    - Added setting to select graph/icon display for hourly forecast
    - Fixed high/low temperature cut off in 4x2 w/forecast widget
    - Improved widget performance, potential fix for widgets freezing
    - Improved use of partial wakelocks
    - Improved transition between weather animations when switching locations (fade out/in)

Version 1.2.15 - 4/17/2012 7:30 PM EST
    - Added new 4x1 widget "Current Weather with Clock"
    - Added option to select default map for a location
    - Added option to select application to launch when weather icon is clicked on widget
    - Added 'Location's Default Map' and 'Location's Weather Conditions' as launchable apps from widget icon or clock

Version 1.2.14 - 4/16/2012 3:30 PM EST
    - Fixed several layout problems on pre-ICS/HC devices
    - Several text size adjustments in widgets
    - Fixed radar maps being lost between app launches

Version 1.2.12 - 4/14/2012 7:00 PM EST
    - Using separate temperature notification sizes on 2.1/2.2 and Honeycomb/ICS
    - Fixed main screen not honoring device's rotation lock setting
    - Fixed solid background showing through on widget when changed to 'widget' background

Version 1.2.11 - 4/13/2012 1:00 PM EST
    - Fixed widget sizes
    - Added widget preview images (in ICS launcher)
    - Made 4x1, 4x2 and 4x3 widgets resizable
    - Increased temperature notification digits size

Version 1.2.10 - 4/12/2012 2:30 AM EST
    - ICS/Honeycomb support
    - Weather animation download is now optional
    - Added support for landscape orientation
    - Added hourly forecast graph
    - Many bug fixes

Pro Only Features:
    - 100% Ad-Free
    - Visually stunning display of weather information using high definition (HD) videos
    - Fully customize widget backgrounds and clock
    - Completely customize BeWeather using one of more than 150 weather iconsets
    - Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
    - Dynamic Google Maps based animated radar and satellite maps (US only)

Standard Features:
    - Automatically track your location via GPS/cell location
    - 11 beautiful homescreen widgets in 6 different sizes. Fully customizable colors and fonts.
    - Temperature notification in statusbar
    - Current conditions including "Feels like" temperature, wind, pressure, dew point, humidity.
    - 7-day forecast with high/low temperature and precipitation probability
    - 24-hour forecast with temperature, precipitation probability, wind and humidity
    - Instant weather advisory notifications (US only) via push technology (Android 2.2 and higher)
    - Built-in animated radar maps (US only)
    - Replace/extend the default radar maps with your preferred weather service's radar maps!
    - Get more accurate conditions by switching to a nearby weather stations for any location
    - Add custom web cams and other media links (weather radio, video, HTML etc) to any location.
    - Sunrise/Sunset times and moon phase
    - Completely customize BeWeather using fonts and colors

device-2012-04-11-142935.png
    device-2012-04-11-143042.png
    It has been quite some time since the last update to BeWeather.

We will be releasing a beta of our next version very soon here in this forum.

Some of the changes included in this version:

- ICS support
    - Better tablet support
    - Landscape orientation
    - Hourly forecast graph

Here already a couple of screenshots.
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.
    Ah, in typical Bellshare fashion, they disappear for months then suddenly pop up with? A free version for BlackBerry 10.

Never mind the bugs in the apps that people paid for!

SMH...
    A new build is online. See first post for change log.