[Q] HTC One stuck in reboot loop, cant get into recovery or factory reset

Search This thread
Apr 6, 2014
I'm on CM11 which has been working for weeks, last night my phone died completely and when I put it in the charger it wouldn’t light up no matter which outlet/cord I used. It reboots itself after a few seconds of being on, and so soon that I cant enter into recovery or select factory reset under recovery from bootloader because it selects recovery for me and then turns off. My Hboot is 1.44, S-on, its rooted as well. I have reached the edge of my competence, I'd really appreciate any and all help.

moha_moha20106

Jul 6, 2010
cairo
I'm on CM11 which has been working for weeks, last night my phone died completely and when I put it in the charger it wouldn’t light up no matter which outlet/cord I used. It reboots itself after a few seconds of being on, and so soon that I cant enter into recovery or select factory reset under recovery from bootloader because it selects recovery for me and then turns off. My Hboot is 1.44, S-on, its rooted as well. I have reached the edge of my competence, I'd really appreciate any and all help.

first try to re-flash your recovery to resolve

if not, you must flash stock ROM :

turn your phone on in bootloader mode or RUU mode (fastboot oem rebootRUU)

find your right RUU.exe from here > flash it

Note : you must flash the correct RUU that meet your CID & MID
if you can't know/find the correct RUU?, post your CID & MID

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
first try to re-flash your recovery to resolve

if not, you must flash stock ROM :

turn your phone on in bootloader mode or RUU mode (fastboot oem rebootRUU)

find your right RUU.exe from> flash it

Note : you must flash the correct RUU that meet your CID & MID
if you can't know/find the correct RUU?, post your CID & MID

i dont know how to run adb commands when my phone wont turn on long enough to get registered by adb or the computer its on. it cant stay in bootloader for more than a few seconds, cant go into fastboot nor recovery. my radio is 4A 14.3250.13 and my phone is for AT&T, is that helpful?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
it seems that there is nothing left to do with the phone. no fastboot, no recovery, no factory reset, no computer recognition. no adb/fastboot command gets the phone to be recognized. i have the latest htc drivers installed manually but when the computer recognizes there is a usb anything it tries to install the drivers but the phone quickly turns off and the driver installation fails. adb devices comes up empty, getvar cid keeps waiting for device forever, and trying to push files doesn’t work because it cant recognize it's there in the first place. is there anything I can do?

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2014
Here is the bootloader page I see if it helps.

Attachments

• m7bootloader.jpg
    m7bootloader.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 31

Top Liked Posts