[Q] B60K(+) Dock series - where did you get it?

Search This thread

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
I am looking for a B60K or higher series dock, but all the ones in the stores are only B50K.

If you have a DOCK with B60K or higher, where did you get it?

arcglide

Apr 4, 2011
Bristol
yeah, I too am interested in getting a B60K dock (here in the UK)

If anyone with one, that sees one available or receives one - can confirm the source location in this thread that would be really great..

slopokdave

Aug 12, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
So what now, B50 owners have inferior hardware and are SOL? I still don't get this....

My dock drains because it's charging my tablet. If my tablet is 50%, it shouldn't be too long before my dock is also at 50% and my tablet is at 100%. Then from here, the dock will continue to drain as it charges my tablet. Then as the dock is full depleted, the tablet will also start to deplete.

What's wrong with this?

Also, it should do the same if its in standby and the tablet needs charging. It's the same as if I were to put it on the charger. I honestly don't care how quick it depletes, I'm getting 14+ hours of use with both combined.

frosty5689

May 10, 2011
So what now, B50 owners have inferior hardware and are SOL? I still don't get this....

My dock drains because it's charging my tablet. If my tablet is 50%, it shouldn't be too long before my dock is also at 50% and my tablet is at 100%. Then from here, the dock will continue to drain as it charges my tablet. Then as the dock is full depleted, the tablet will also start to deplete.

What's wrong with this?

Also, it should do the same if its in standby and the tablet needs charging. It's the same as if I were to put it on the charger. I honestly don't care how quick it depletes, I'm getting 14+ hours of use with both combined.
People are under the placebo effect of the new dock "lasting longer". I agree with everything you said about the dock having to constantly charge the tablet. It makes sense that it drains over 15%/hour when the Transformer is on and over 3%/hour idle. The battery on the dock doesn't last as long as the TF and some energy is lost from the transfer of electricity from dock to TF.

Reactions: slopokdave

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
People are under the placebo effect of the new dock "lasting longer". I agree with everything you said about the dock having to constantly charge the tablet. It makes sense that it drains over 15%/hour when the Transformer is on and over 3%/hour idle. The battery on the dock doesn't last as long as the TF and some energy is lost from the transfer of electricity from dock to TF.

Could be. It is hard to know for sure. Which I why I want to test a B60 dock myself. :)

With the transformer and dock disconnected, transformer in standby, both batteries will last over a week. I call this long term standby. Discharge with tablet and dock disconnected is maybe 1-2% a day?

I also believe there is a function in the tablet, as well as the dock, to control when charging is stopped. This function is based around the dock's built in magnet and tablet standby switch, which is overridden to charge both devices when power is applied to the port.

I prefer the newer device versions (both tablet and dock) to go into long term standby when tablet closed on dock, exactly like when they are disconnected. If I wanted to charge something I could plug in a charger or open the tablet/dock to indicate I wanted the dock to charge the tablet. But, when closed it is better to extend battery life to maximum.

These are my opinions, and I am trying to learn. :)

JoTeC

Apr 15, 2011
Huntersville, NC
I got my B60K from TigerDirect in North Atlanta (Braselton). I bought my 32 GB TF one week and dock a week later. They have an advertised special on the dock right now for $149.00. They have GTabs, TF's, 7" and 10.1" Galaxy's, Zooms, Acer Iconias and a great selection of accessories for all of them... You can order online but I just walk in as I drive by there every week...

Reactions: Bob Smith42

xTRICKYxx

Jun 30, 2011
Jericho
www.youtube.com
My B50 keyboard drains at around 1.5% an hour in stand-by with WiFi on. So are these B60 docks nuclear powered or something? No... B50 Docks and B60 Docks are probably the same.

slopokdave

Aug 12, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
My B50 keyboard drains at around 1.5% an hour in stand-by with WiFi on. So are these B60 docks nuclear powered or something? No... B50 Docks and B60 Docks are probably the same.

lol, yes nuclear powered. :)

Just watched 3.5 hours worth of 720p videos, my dock drained 47%. Well within it's advertised battery life. Oh, I am running at 1.2ghz as well. ;)

I guess I don't notice these standby issues (or "issues") because if I am going to leave the TF+dock untouhed for an extended amount of time, I turn it off. It only takes 30 secs to boot. Or sometimes I just switch wifi off with a widget I keep on my homescreen.

Last edited:

mysticc

May 8, 2011
Seems many here did not understand the problem.

Heavy draining also occurs when the T/dock is shut off - and this is a hell of nonsense.

Draining in standby is much more as anyone would expect knowing how less T. is loosing in standby when not docked.

Problem is NOT the running time when T/Dock is switched on.

slopokdave

Aug 12, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
Seems many here did not understand the problem.

Heavy draining also occurs when the T/dock is shut off - and this is a hell of nonsense.

Draining in standby is much more as anyone would expect knowing how less T. is loosing in standby when not docked.

Problem is NOT the running time when T/Dock is switched on.

Oh yeah mine does that, er wait, its called charging. My dock charges my tab when off or in standby...... I <3 this

Bob Smith42

Jun 7, 2011
Oh yeah mine does that, er wait, its called charging. My dock charges my tab when off or in standby...... I <3 this

I think it is a smaller group that loves this feature. Because if you keep the tablet docked then there is no difference when your dock charges your tablet, and there is a benefit of prolonging standby. Only if you disconnect your tablet will you need it fully charged.

If Asus wants to support everyone both capabilities should be configurable. :)

slopokdave

Aug 12, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I think it is a smaller group that loves this feature. Because if you keep the tablet docked then there is no difference when your dock charges your tablet, and there is a benefit of prolonging standby. Only if you disconnect your tablet will you need it fully charged.

If Asus wants to support everyone both capabilities should be configurable. :)

That's fine, I'm just not sure it's possible given the design of the hardware. I honestly have no idea though....

I don't think it's worth the fuss or sending it back in. To each their own. I will continue to use and enjoy my dock. :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got mine from Curreys website - they never had any in store but had the bundle online. Its a brilliant product!!!
    B&H photo.. (because I waited for a nowinstock.com link that led to a site without tax in CA :p)
    i got mine from amazon
    Got mine on amazon last week. from amazon, not an amazon merchant.

What's wrong with this?