[rom][8/1] paranoidandroid 3.91 | 4.3

Should Paranoid Android change to an AOSP base.

• Yes, AOSP base with a few features from cm

Votes: 277 63.2%
  • NO, stick with a cm base(current base)

Votes: 161 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jazzboyrules

Oct 19, 2011
I just saw that android 4.1.2 was released, adding landscape in phablet mode and bug+performance fixes. Will this android be implemented in the next PA or is it worth switching back to stock and OTA it?

Beamed from my Google Galaxy Nexus

How do I go back to stock from this?

Nova and Apex already have landscape mode. Regarding the bug fixes, we are not sure what all got fixed. With PA on my N7, I don't feel like going back to stock.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

Yo Aaron, are you working on an update? I just received a second Nexus 7 & NONE of the custom builds including Paranoid will work on it. I am stuck with stock. The new build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1. Any devices that come preloaded with this version will not run 4.1.1 base versions because of the new power management chips. BTW, either Google screwed up, or I was lucky because I ordered another 16Gb Nexus 7 & I received a 32Gb device. At least it shows as having over 26Gb of space available in storage.

Reactions: Dalar

Jay Aristide

Jun 27, 2011
Dyer, Tennessee
www.daede.com
Yo Aaron, are you working on an update? I just received a second Nexus 7 & NONE of the custom builds including Paranoid will work on it. I am stuck with stock. The new build number is JZO54K, and the tag is android-4.1.2_r1. Any devices that come preloaded with this version will not run 4.1.1 base versions because of the new power management chips. BTW, either Google screwed up, or I was lucky because I ordered another 16Gb Nexus 7 & I received a 32Gb device. At least it shows as having over 26Gb of space available in storage.

You got the 32, eh? Ma,es me wanna order a 16 :D

Can you at least get root to work?

Also, I'm certain you would be able to grab the JRO03D factory image and use adb to flash it...

aaronpoweruser

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 19, 2007
earth
I just saw that android 4.1.2 was released, adding landscape in phablet mode and bug+performance fixes. Will this android be implemented in the next PA or is it worth switching back to stock and OTA it?

Beamed from my Google Galaxy Nexus

it will be integrated in the next couple days, howver i still recomend ota-ing to get the new bootloader or to use a flashable zip

mind sharing your model number, and currently no there is nothing anyone can do until google releases the new binaries.

Jordanooo

Jun 10, 2011
it will be integrated in the next couple days, howver i still recomend ota-ing to get the new bootloader or to use a flashable zip

mind sharing your model number, and currently no there is nothing anyone can do until google releases the new binaries.

So we should go back to stock, update then flash PA again?

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator

Duh, I wasn't thinking...

As for the model number, I didn't even think of that, it is NEXUS7 ASUS-1B32, although the packing slip shows NEXUS7 ASUS-1B16 . Maybe it is my imagination, or the Asus OEM dimpled book style case, but initially I would have sworn it seems a bit thinner. When I get home tonight I'll have to measure the two devices. I ordered it awhile back after picking up the first from Office Depot & it was shortly before they stopped listing the 16Gb device in the Play Store. The missus is going on a trip this weekend & so she informed me she was taking my first one, which is what prompted me into getting a second.

Last edited:

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
Okay, this really sucks. For the first time in my life, I used a "kit" instead of doing things manually & now I am stuck on the damn black Google boot screen. Can't get into stock recovery, can't get into the BL either. Device does not register in adb as connected either.

Any ideas? I knew I should've waited till I'd had time to dig into things a bit.

airmaxx23

Jun 25, 2010
Colton, NY
Okay, this really sucks. For the first time in my life, I used a "kit" instead of doing things manually & now I am stuck on the damn black Google boot screen. Can't get into stock recovery, can't get into the BL either. Device does not register in adb as connected either.

Any ideas? I knew I should've waited till I'd had time to dig into things a bit.

Did you try plugging the device into a computer and then try accessing recovery?

fdomi

Boots right into recovery for me :). Just out of curiosity, are you using CWM or TWRP?
I am using TWRP and I flashed this bootloader and at first it got stuck in the initial Google screen, then after resetting the N7 instead of loading the system, it went into recovery!!!!
I think it may need at least one boot before working properly. It did go into recovery after that first failed attempt.

Reactions: farmerbb

Krunk_Kracker

Sep 13, 2009
Somewhere in Florida
Boots right into recovery for me :). Just out of curiosity, are you using CWM or TWRP?

Tried it with both. What version does your bootloader say?

I am using TWRP and I flashed this bootloader and at first it got stuck in the initial Google screen, then after resetting the N7 instead of loading the system, it went into recovery!!!!
I think it may need at least one boot before working properly. It did go into recovery after that first failed attempt.

This is what mine did, but then it wont do it again.

EDIT - Working now. I flashed it before and it still said 3.35. Reflashed and now it says 3.41.

Disregard :)

Last edited:
Reactions: fdomi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

kernel source

FEATURES for 3.0+,

• Hybrid engine,
      Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app, that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts
      Per app Size, scale apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as small or big as you like
      Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one app to another
      Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treasures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device.
      You can use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Phablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your market, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need to edit system files for that.
      Transparent bars and color pickers, new SystemUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89
      Theming Engine
      Statusbar Settings, Lockscreen Settings
      Multiuser support
      Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles
      4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps
      As we merge back our old CMPA feature catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks
      New holo-styled theme chooser
      T9 dialer
      New papreferences app

DONATIONS,
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

PARANOIDANDROID 2.16 | Only Rom on Android capable of Hybrid mode | Click and see

Just in case...

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

shots_12pk0x.png

BE WARNED, 4.2.0 is not the most bugless android, the issues are known.

INSTRUCTIONS,
    1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS, FIX-IF ANY
    4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    5. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Changelogs are on the paranoid andorid google+ page

Know bugs:
    graphical glitch when using pie

CREDITS,
    AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past, heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png

aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png

aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png

aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png

aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

State of Paranoia 11/14/12

We have forked all the required repos, for a aosp based pa and are hard at work on getting pa 3.0 ready. I have a grouper repo set up and building! We are still a ways away from giving you the goodness you love, but we do have the following.

Multi-user support on phones!!!
    begings of a pa exclusive feature!!!!
    Power menu options.
    Hybrid rewrite-planed for this weekend.

Stay Paranoid,
    aaronpoweruser