Check your display manufacturer

What display manufacturer does your device use?

• Total voters
Search This thread

m00moo

Jul 19, 2008
JDC here. Phones4U uk simfree stock

otF0Wg4l.png

Last edited:

lloydbf

Feb 6, 2013
We should record calendar week produced with these findings.

You can find that info on the bottom side of your phone where it says "Made in China". To the right of that it will read: "13W0X" where X is the week.

For me it's W06 meaning week 6.

jackal25

Mar 9, 2013
I'm unrooted, dont want to lose DRM keys yet. Someone tell me which panel I have, please?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 1,604
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 1,818

Ape187

Nov 1, 2009
Anime World
I'm unrooted, dont want to lose DRM keys yet. Someone tell me which panel I have, please?

Yours looks like mine and i have a sharp panel, but to that picture it looks like you have the JDC(B) panel on the lower left. Strange.. Does the blue buds of the flower wash out to be whitish when you tilt the phone at about the angle of the phone on the pic?

edit: kinda looks like sharp, when i looked at it closely. Maybe my eyes are just malfunctioning.

Last edited:

jackal25

Mar 9, 2013
Yours looks like mine and i have a sharp panel, but to that picture it looks like you have the JDC(B) panel on the lower left. Strange.. Does the blue buds of the flower wash out to be whitish when you tilt the phone at about the angle of the phone on the pic?

At full brightness, yea definitely. Goes grey-whiteish.

gm007

May 29, 2011
Re: [ROOT] Check your display manufacturer

We should record calendar week produced with these findings.

You can find that info on the bottom side of your phone where it says "Made in China". To the right of that it will read: "13W0X" where X is the week.

For me it's W06 meaning week 6.
Better with the 3 letters.
For me AAC
The screen is very good.

Sent from my C6602 using xda premium

Ape187

Nov 1, 2009
Anime World

Ape187

Nov 1, 2009
Anime World
How come ours looks worse than the one with the black theme then? :( Not fair.

Is it greyish-white if you look it head on or does it only change if you tilt it to the angle like the pic? The only thing I can think of is, that they used a different kind of sharp panel. I could talk BS though, 'cause I'm no expert. Could you post the link to that pic? I'd like to compare it with my own eyes.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App for checking your display manufacturer

Big thanks to inventor of this simple method :)

To make things simpler, and avoid to mess around with error prone Terminal Emulator commands, here's attached a simple app I just developed for sorting out your panel manufacturer details :D

daz
    It would be interesting to see if Sony does indeed use two display manufacturers, so i'm making this thread so people can actually see this. I posted this in the "Clearing up.. blah" thread, but it'll be more effective having a stand alone thread for it.

Now, let's get down to business. You have to be rooted, install a terminal from the Play Store and type this into the terminal:

- su
    - dmesg|grep -i panel

Look for "Found panel: mipi_video_********_Full_HD_******"

Some report that a reboot helps if you aren't getting a proper result.

This far we've gotten these results (from the Clearing up.. blahh thread)

JDC panel: 1
    - Found panel: mipi_video_jdc_Full_HD_mdy70

Sharp panel: 2
    - Found panel: mipi_video_sharp_Full_HD_ls050t3sx01_id_dlogo

Update: You can use _daz_'s app instead so you don't have to use the terminal. Download the app here.
    Hello guys, the screen types compare post in Chinese is writen by me, orignal post is here: http://bbs.gfan.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=5899499

This post is based on the existing information, main idea is:

1. SHARP LS050T3SX01 is a CG-Silicon panel with New Mode2 wide angle technology confirmed here: http://www.panelook.com/LS050T1SX01_SHARP_5.0_LCM_parameter_17692.html

This type of CGS New Mode2 panel also used in ZTE niubia Z5 and this bulk has a very good viewing angle according to the Chinese media reviews.

2. JDC which stands for Japan Display Central Inc, actually was just formerly know as Toshiba Mobile Display. TMD is good at LTPS but not good at wide angle technology, so many of TMD made panel is not wide angle, for example the Sony LT26i and ZTE Honor. But as we know almost all of Sharp's cell phone panel come with ASV, New Mode2 is a replacement to ASV, but Sharp didn't say much about it.

So my idea is Sharp LS050T3SX01 is a wide angle panel but JDC's not. Of course this is based on concluding, not sure if the according information is totally wrong.

PS: on the photo "暖" means “warm color”, "冷" means "cold color", “广角” means "wide angle" opposite to "非广角"

XZ-ABC.jpg

All right, so it's confirmed. No need to root anymore ;)
    Brief recap:

From Terminal emulator (or ADB shell) type:

Code:
    cd /sys/devices/platform/mipi_dsi_panel.0
    cat panel_id

If you get back "ls050t3sx01" you have a Sharp display.
    If you get "mdy70" you have JDC one.
    This excellent exercise has gained traction among Asian Xperia Z users and they have their conclusions:

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2201713306

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2200839451?pn=1

Google Translate is your friend.

According to them Sharp has the best panel. Let's see what we conclude here.