Help! Phone won't boot

Search This thread

Fain11

Dec 30, 2011
Motorola One Action
I've tried 2 different md5 verified images now and none work.

Same error "error in tmp/update.zip"

Last ideea, try TWRP in place of CWM. If u have a M7UL get version 2.6.3.4, versions 2.7 and above are buggy.

If that doesn't work get an usb-otg cable.

Please post a report "fastboot getvar all" , but please erase serial number and imei!

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Last ideea, try TWRP in place of CWM. If u have a M7UL get version 2.6.3.4, versions 2.7 and above are buggy.

Please post a report "fastboot getvar all" , but please erase serial number and imei!
just a side note here: I know we are always suggesting ppl here to use TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 but newer Cyanogenmod roms must be flashed with TWRP 2.7.1.1 like said on the cyanogenmod wiki for the M7.

For every others roms, use 2.6.3.3 or .4 (i.e Sense based rom 4.4+)

@Lunarpancake
flash twrp 2.7.1.1, wipe everything and format data, then push the rom to your phone (either with adb sideload or adb push) and flash it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fain11

Fain11

Dec 30, 2011
Motorola One Action
@Lunarpancake
just a side note here: I know we are always suggesting ppl here to use TWRP 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 but newer Cyanogenmod roms must be flashed with TWRP 2.7.1.1 like said on the cyanogenmod wiki for the M7.

flash twrp 2.7.1.1, wipe everything and format data, then push the rom to your phone (either with adb sideload or adb push) and flash it.

Hope he is not flashing that again, as with that ROM problems started.

Try ARHD, closest to stock.
Still post that fastboot getvar all.

Hope it's not another mmc read only problem.

Last edited:

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hope he is not flashing that again, as with that ROM problems started.
Try ARHD, closest to stock.
Still post that fastboot getvar all.

Imo it looks like a recovery problem not a rom issue. Factory reset is performed by the recovery, even if its initiated from the OS

Lunarpancake

Nov 16, 2013
Ok, tried newest TWRP with newest Cyanogen ROM. Got a very odd error.

My phone is a M7 HTC One on VeriZon. This is the error I got: "This package is for m7wlv,m7vzw devices: this is a m7.

Lunarpancake

Nov 16, 2013
Re-flashed the older TWRP and flashed Bonestock v4.3. It installed and I am now on the htc ONE boot screen. Will update in the AM.

Thanks to everyone for all of the help so far!

Fain11

Dec 30, 2011
Motorola One Action

My phone is a M7 HTC One on VeriZon. This is the error I got: "This package is for m7wlv,m7vzw devices: this is a m7.

Well, that's why we needed the "fastboot getvar all", if it is really a Verizon One m7vzw, u need a different recovery from here:

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/m7vzw

If Bonestock installed succesfully, don't bother, "don't fix it if it's not broken".

Reactions: Lunarpancake

Lunarpancake

Nov 16, 2013
Well, that's why we needed the "fastboot getvar all", if it is really a Verizon One m7vzw, u need a different recovery from here:

If Bonestock installed succesfully, don't bother, "don't fix it if it's not broken".

I DO prefer Cyanogenmod to most other ROMs so I will re-flash with the correct TWRP and see how that goes. As for now Bonestock is working fine except I cant for the life of me figure out how to add an email address thats not a gmail address.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

@Lunarpancake