[Q] Turning S-On Again with Custom Recovery

Search This thread

mabaqi

Aug 16, 2014
I own a HTC One M7 UL with KitKat 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6 installed. I installed TWRP 2.7.1 custom recovery on it and after that I turned S-Off and removed the Tempered flag and then locked the bootloader but let custom recovery stay there. Can I turn S-On back with custom recovery installed without bricking my phone.

HTC One M7 UL
Stock ROM KitKat 4.4.2 with HTC Sense 6
Stock Boot
Stock Hboot v 1.57
Custom Recovery TWRP 2.7.1

Last edited:

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita
I own a HTC One M7 UL with KitKat 4.4.2 and HTC Sense 6 installed. I installed TWRP 2.7.1 custom recovery on it and after that I turned S-Off and removed the Tempered flag and then locked the bootloader but let custom recovery stay there. Can I turn S-On back with custom recovery installed without bricking my phone.

HTC One M7 UL
Stock Boot
Stock Hboot v 1.57
Yes, you can have a custom recovery and S-ON. However, unless you are returning the phone for warranty reasons the consensus is that you should remain S-OFF. It is becoming more difficult to get S-OFF with the higher hboot like you have.

Reactions: mabaqi

mabaqi

Aug 16, 2014
Thank you majmoz for your support,I really appreciate your early response. I am a new user on this platform and I really appreciate this forum and people like you helping others.

I am on Hboot v 1.57 and used Firewater to S-Off it. Even if I S-On again, wont I be able to use Firewater to S-Off again anytime I want to, This will make me more secure as I may save myself from bad flashes and etc.

Once more, thank you for your support.

mabaqi

Aug 16, 2014
Yes, you can have a custom recovery and S-ON. However, unless you are returning the phone for warranty reasons the consensus is that you should remain S-OFF. It is becoming more difficult to get S-OFF with the higher hboot like you have.

Thank you majmoz for your support,I really appreciate your early response. I am a new user on this platform and I really appreciate this forum and people like you helping others.

I am on Hboot v 1.57 and used Firewater to S-Off it. Even if I S-On again, wont I be able to use Firewater to S-Off again anytime I want to, This will make me more secure as I may save myself from bad flashes and etc.

majmoz

Oct 18, 2010
Sonoita

Yes, you are right if everything remained the same you could S-Off again. And there are a couple of paid options to S-OFF. S-ON will not prevent you from bad flashes or soft-bricks. You can look through the Q&A section and see how many of the questions are from people with S-ON! With S-OFF, you just need to be more diligent, check the source, check MD5, read and re-read the OP and don't do anything that you are uncomfortable doing. Good luck and happy flashing!

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012

I will also recommend to stay S-OFF. Turn back to S-ON only if you must send the phone for warranty repair, after restoring it to 100% stock.

mabaqi

Aug 16, 2014
Thank you guys. I wont S-On my device again but I all I needed to know was that turning S-On with custom recovery bricks the device or not. And with help of you guys I know that it doesn't.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HTC One M7 UL
    Stock Boot
    Stock Hboot v 1.57