Will it be possible to crack the booatloader?

Search This thread

Shad0w2626

Mar 20, 2009
New York
I came from the Inspire 4G to the Atrix. The Inspire 4G was my first Android phone and I just loved the rooting and custom ROMS.

I switch to the Atrix because of the FFC, Dual-Core, and 1080p camera. I thought about it and was wondering if it ever will be possible to crack the bootloader. I know there are efforts going on right now to do so and I really appreciate all the developers trying to get the bootloader cracked.

My question is, will the Atrix's bootloader ever be cracked?

I want to know so I can stay with the Atrix and be prepared for the future (Gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb) or if I want custom ROMs just stay with the Inspire 4G?

Thanks and I hope someone knows what I mean.

neer2005

Feb 20, 2011
New Jersey
I came from the Inspire 4G to the Atrix. The Inspire 4G was my first Android phone and I just loved the rooting and custom ROMS.

I switch to the Atrix because of the FFC, Dual-Core, and 1080p camera. I thought about it and was wondering if it ever will be possible to crack the bootloader. I know there are efforts going on right now to do so and I really appreciate all the developers trying to get the bootloader cracked.

My question is, will the Atrix's bootloader ever be cracked?

I want to know so I can stay with the Atrix and be prepared for the future (Gingerbread and maybe even Honeycomb) or if I want custom ROMs just stay with the Inspire 4G?

Thanks and I hope someone knows what I mean.

No one knows for sure right now.

elementaldragon

Feb 21, 2011
I think there was another thread somewhere here where someone had a thread on the Motorola forums, with a Motorola rep saying that it's not a definite, but thoughts of un-signing the bootloader are going around. I guess it didn't phase them how important that might be to some people or something.

n7slc

Jul 21, 2010
Salt Lake City
Reactions: kenio8185

Top Liked Posts