[MOD] Services.jar mod to allow BLN on stock Mms.apk

Search This thread

no.one.writeme

Aug 6, 2009
Nearby Lisbon
Hi,

The credits of this mod goes the author montymintypie who made the modification to the services.jar for the GT-I9000.
I only ported the modification's to the GT-I9100 and made a version for both odex and deodex rom's.

Files:

ONE.PT.XXKG6.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
ONE.PT.XXKG6.Services.Patch.BLN.DEODEX.zip
KH3:
ONE.PT.XXKH3.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
XWKI4
ONE.PT.XWKI4.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
ONE.PT.XWKI4.Services.Patch.BLN.DEODEX.zip

liblights are included, be sure to use a kernel that suports BLN and Neldar's BLN app.

Thanks for sicopat for tracking the original author, montymintypie.

Last edited:

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
Just got my first Sammy. Come from moto and HTC... Pray tell, what is BLN?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

alias_neo

Jun 9, 2006
London
The two soft keys at the side of the home button light up when the screen is off, just to show you have a notification

Ah ok, mine doesn't do that stock, iv been baffled since I got the phone yesterday that it doesn't have a notification led.

It took me about 5 minutes just staring aimlessly at my phone wondering where my buttons where, when then suddenly I turned the screen on and they lit up.

Soon as I ascertain how easily I can mod the phone and get it to rooted stock uk, and easily back to the stock voda uk it has on it now, I will. It is only a day old after all.

gusoldier

Oct 16, 2008
Ah ok, mine doesn't do that stock, iv been baffled since I got the phone yesterday that it doesn't have a notification led.

It took me about 5 minutes just staring aimlessly at my phone wondering where my buttons where, when then suddenly I turned the screen on and they lit up.

Soon as I ascertain how easily I can mod the phone and get it to rooted stock uk, and easily back to the stock voda uk it has on it now, I will. It is only a day old after all.

Nice story bro.

D.O.C

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Senior Mod
Jun 24, 2006
HTC One X
Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus
Can you post a link to the original thread or the changes made to services.jar? Just out of curiosity..I want to know where and what changes are made...
Thanks for finding it, needless to say is very useful. Again thank you!

ZiCoN

Apr 14, 2007
Horsens
Works perfectly on Criskelo V10 :)
ONLY thing I miss now, is full compatabillity with scrolling widgets with TW :)

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
Check the files inside the ZIP you've downloaded and take the same files out of the ZIP of the ROM you're running. Now push those files to your device using the 'adb push' command

Sent from my sgs2

slg60

Feb 22, 2010
Should this work without any other changes except BLN Pro and correct liblights?
I've done it manually, so exchanged both files on my Litening 5 but seems not to work!? Ideas why?

Use Odex Version for Litening 5, this one is working fine!

Last edited:

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
Modifications to Services.jar from montymintypie

Modification of the file : services/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali b/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali

Code:
diff -urN a/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali b/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali
--- a/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali
+++ b/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali
@@ -2064,7 +2064,7 @@
     :goto_0
     iget-boolean v4, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mScreenOn:Z

-    if-nez v4, :cond_0
+    [B]#if-nez v4, :cond_0[/B]

iget-object v4, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mLedNotification:Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService$NotificationRecord;

@@ -2114,7 +2114,7 @@

iget-boolean v4, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mScreenOn:Z

-    if-nez v4, :cond_3
+    [B]#if-nez v4, :cond_3[/B]

.line 1147
     iput-boolean v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mPendingPulseNotification:Z

please, add credits to montymintypie in first post

Last edited:
Reactions: DuneBug

no.one.writeme

Aug 6, 2009
Nearby Lisbon
Modifications to Services.jar from Nedlar himself (author of BLN Control)

Modification of the file : services/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali b/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali

Code:
diff -urN a/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali b/smali/com/android/server/NotificationManagerService.smali
@@ -2064,7 +2064,7 @@

iget-object v4, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mLedNotification:Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService$NotificationRecord;

@@ -2114,7 +2114,7 @@

.line 1147
     iput-boolean v7, p0, Lcom/android/server/NotificationManagerService;->mPendingPulseNotification:Z

please, add credits to nedlar in first post

Hi there sicopat,

I never took any credits from anyone. As said in first post, the credits DO NOT belong to me but to the original author.
The implementation that I used had more changes to the code. I am glad that Neldar himself came up with a better solution.
Please see attached file.
Please correct your statement.

Thank you,

Best regards.

Attachments

• services.7z
    807.9 KB · Views: 221

sicopat

Oct 21, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S20
Hi there sicopat,

I never took any credits from anyone. As said in first post, the credits DO NOT belong to me but to the original author.
The implementation that I used had more changes to the code. I am glad that Neldar himself came up with a better solution.
Please see attached file.
Please correct your statement.

Thank you,

Best regards.

I know you didn't take the credit for you :D And my mistack it wasn't Nedlar who made the above modification to Services.jar

I tried the modification above and it worked well

YOU ARE THE ONE WHO TRIED WITH SUCCESS THIS I9000 MOD,
thanks for that :)

mccune

Nov 21, 2005
www.mccune.nl
@no.one.writeme
Can you also tell in the first post that the attached files are updated?
Otherwise people will ask if the files contain the updated services.jar.

Great work. Creating Nandroid as we type...

no.one.writeme

Aug 6, 2009
Nearby Lisbon
@no.one.writeme
Can you also tell in the first post that the attached files are updated?
Otherwise people will ask if the files contain the updated services.jar.

Great work. Creating Nandroid as we type...
Hi,

The attached services.7z file is the original file of which I based the port I made. I believe it from a XXJVQ firmware from the SGS Galaxy S.
The MOD files for the SGS II are only in the first post.

Best regards,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

The credits of this mod goes the author montymintypie who made the modification to the services.jar for the GT-I9000.
    I only ported the modification's to the GT-I9100 and made a version for both odex and deodex rom's.

Files:

ONE.PT.XXKG6.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
    ONE.PT.XXKG6.Services.Patch.BLN.DEODEX.zip
    KH3:
    ONE.PT.XXKH3.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
    XWKI4
    ONE.PT.XWKI4.Services.Patch.BLN.zip
    ONE.PT.XWKI4.Services.Patch.BLN.DEODEX.zip

liblights are included, be sure to use a kernel that suports BLN and Neldar's BLN app.

Thanks for sicopat for tracking the original author, montymintypie.
    Here is odexed version for stock XWKI8.
    Tested on frankenstein XWKI8 & Ragemod kernel.
    I would like to flash ki8 but don't want to lose the led sms' notifications so... is someone so great to provide a patched version for ki8? :eek:

Here you go, my friend! ;)

liblights included, stock-KI8 services.jar patched, recompiled & tested by me (GT9100, XWKI8, Siyah 2.0) - Look for the CWM-flashable ZIP in the attachments. (deodexed only!)

P.S.: Feel free to use the "thanks" button
    Big thanks ,Work finally:D
    Modifications to Services.jar from montymintypie

Code:
    @@ -2064,7 +2064,7 @@

@@ -2114,7 +2114,7 @@

.line 1147

please, add credits to montymintypie in first post