[KANG][DISCONTINUED] :: DARKSIDE CM7.2.0 rc1 :: [2.18.2012]

Search This thread

montoya.brandon

Jul 7, 2009
houston
Still having those MMS issues. Check out the attached pictures (a funny comic I think many will relate to :p ). The first is the original (well, it was normally a PNG but I converted it to JPEG so I could upload it), and the second is how it was sent/received. You can definitely see the drop in quality. I'll stick with Darkside Sense 3.5, but will keep my eye on this ROM anyways. It looks really promising. Thanks for all your work, TDJ.

One word absolutelyhilarious

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

thederekjay

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
lcambriz said:
Still having those MMS issues. Check out the attached pictures (a funny comic I think many will relate to :p ). The first is the original (well, it was normally a PNG but I converted it to JPEG so I could upload it), and the second is how it was sent/received. You can definitely see the drop in quality. I'll stick with Darkside Sense 3.5, but will keep my eye on this ROM anyways. It looks really promising. Thanks for all your work, TDJ.

I don't have the issues or it just doesn't bother me.. but I will address it for you... I can increase both maximum allowable size and dimensions. See if that helps? Worked on miui, so it should help here

stlouie65

May 4, 2008
Chesapeake, Virginia
Derek, great fast ROM. Has anyone else noticed that your phone will not update (data) while connected wireless? I can't send SMS while connected also. I've checked the APN's and they appear fine. Every time I disconnect from wireless, all my apps notices start coming in.

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
stlouie65 said:
Derek, great fast ROM. Has anyone else noticed that your phone will not update (data) while connected wireless? I can't send SMS while connected also. I've checked the APN's and they appear fine. Every time I disconnect from wireless, all my apps notices start coming in.

Can you elaborate a bit more, I'm not sure I follow?

sdukas

Apr 5, 2008
NYC
When I'm on wireless, none of my apps (facebook, foursquare, and others) notifications do not sync until I disconnect wireless, then everything syncs. Also too, sms will not send until I disconnects
Are you using wifi calling? Does other web traffic work through your wifi (browsing, etc.)?
I know I had an app that would only update info when wifi was on and would hog up the connection and not let anything else communicate.

stlouie65

May 4, 2008
Chesapeake, Virginia
Are you using wifi calling? Does other web traffic work through your wifi (browsing, etc.)?
I know I had an app that would only update info when wifi was on and would hog up the connection and not let anything else communicate.

Not using wifi calling. Nothing reconfigured for any of the standard apps I use to tell them to use only wifi. Nothing syncs until I'm back on data. No big deal, just don't want to go over my data limit when these apps should use wifi as well.

thederekjay

Nov 15, 2010
DARKSIDE
stlouie65 said:
When I'm on wireless, none of my apps (facebook, foursquare, and others) notifications do not sync until I disconnect wireless, then everything syncs. Also too, sms will not send until I disconnects

Hmmm.. I will have to check this out when I get home and can turn on wifi. Can anyone else confirm this?

Reactions: stlouie65

maverick_hunter

Aug 19, 2011
Los Angeles
I don't have the issues or it just doesn't bother me.. but I will address it for you... I can increase both maximum allowable size and dimensions. See if that helps? Worked on miui, so it should help here

I would really appreciate that. Not sure what the maximum allowable dimensions are from the 3.5MB limit of your Darkside Sense v4.0 are, but maybe those dimensions?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

.:: A DARKSIDE CM7 ::.
    ..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

Based off and compiled from CM7 source code.

cherry-picks from r.cyanogenmod.com

My Gitorious found HERE

Includes:
    • Android 2.3.7
    • 2.6.35.14 DARKSIDE X Kernel
    • Optimization's For battery and Performance
    • ZipAlign on boot

Kernel Info:
    • Kernel base: 2.6.35.14
    • Included Version: [DARKSIDE X 001 #2]
    More info found in my other thread [HERE]

My github: [HERE]

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE CM7:

* FULL WIPE RECOMMENDED *

1. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    2. Download ROM
    3. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card.
    4. Boot into Recovery Mode
    5. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    6. Flash ROM.
    7. Flash Gappps
    7. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    8. Done!

Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"][B][U]2.18.2012[/U][/B]
    -Updated to 7.2.0 RC1
    -Sync up to CM source as of 2.18.2012

[B][U]1.28.2012[/U][/B]
    [B]Update:[/B]
    -Sync up to CM source as of 1.28.2012

[B]Add:[/B]
    -Add 'Blade' lockscreen style
    -Toggling the flashlight from the lock

[B][U]1.12.2012[/U][/B]
    -Kernel [DARKSIDE X 001 #2] Fix VDD issue

-MIUI-like Battery Bar
    -Add individual contact call history and show groups yes/no setting on call log.
    -Add swipe to Gallery2D

[B][U]1.10.2012[/U][/B]
    [B]Revert:[/B]
    [COLOR="Red"]*Reverted commits due to causing other issues within build, or not functioning as intended. May be added back later*[/COLOR]
    -MIUI-like Battery Bar
    -Add option to mute media when silent mode is toggled
    -Toggling the flashlight from the lock/unlock screen by long pressing the HOME button

-sync up to CM source as of 1.10.2012
    -Kernel [DARKSIDE X 001 #1]

-New boot animation
    -Build Gallery2D, Do NOT build Gallery3D from source
    -Add 'Holo' lockscreen style to ring lock styles
    -Increase clock font size on lock screen
    -Replace DeskClock app font with ICS roboto font
    -Adjust clock font size on DeskClock app
    -add option to disable volume key beep sounds

[B][U]12.30.2011[/U][/B]
    -12.5 Kernel. Trash 12.1 project

[B]Fix:[/B]
    -MMS sizing issue

-MIUI-like Battery Bar
    -Ringlock: Style options added to CM settings
    -Overscroll color: Allows user to choose overscroll color.
    -LockScreen Alignment: Right
    -Add option to mute media when silent mode is toggled
    -Toggling the flashlight from the lock/unlock screen by long pressing the HOME button

[B][U]12.27.2011[/U][/B]
    -Includes all changes to be included in next nightly [http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=glacier]
    -Camera: Allow focus sound muting
    -Custom carrier label[/FONT]

[DOWNLOAD HERE] [DARKSIDE 7.2.0 RC1 2.18.2012]
    md5 : d2c8bc2143775d088cd141b3464d5859

screenshot-1325079837579.jpg screenshot-1325079755612.jpg screenshot-1325079823476.jpgscreenshot-1325051383782.jpg

you underestimate the power of the DARKSIDE
    YEAHHH BUDDDDY! Updated OP :D ENJOY! also link should be fixed in all apps for downloading...
    Update either today or tomorrow with some nice improvements. ICS rotation animation baked in.. :D

Sent from the .:: DARKSIDE ::.
    UPDATED to RC1... ENJOY!
    Any interest in an update for this?

:: LOVE MY HATERS :: DARKSIDE ::