[ROM]FInixNOver3.2/3.2Light - CE OS 5.2.19209 B19209.1.0.2 - [29.04.2008] ONLINE

Search This thread

FInixNOver

Nov 18, 2005
FInixNOver 3.2/3.2Light

* To register your ROM, and remove the nag screen, you can download the ROM Licenser tool here(rapidshare) or here(massmirror). There's no need to send me PM for the key, as you can generate it yourself.

Tweaks and fixes @ post #3

Features:
  • CE OS 5.2.19209 Build 19209.1.0.2
  • ActiveSync Killer – thanks to eliasweb (NEW)
  • ArcsoftMMS 5.0.31.11
  • Bluetooth filepush (for printing documents through BT)
  • Bluetooth FTP (also known as Bluetooth explorer - accessible in Bluetooth settings as a new separator and in Applications folder)
  • Bluetooth SAP 2.02 update0925 (Bluetooth SIM access - accessible in Bluetooth settings as a new separator)
  • Clear Temp 1.0
  • CommManager 6 Buttons (list) - Default in Normal version
  • CommManager 12 functions - Default in Light version
  • CMSettings 1.0 – New app by edba and myself – for more info, check here (NEW)
  • Disclaimer nag screen * – thanks to ervius (NEW)
  • Esmertec Jbed 20080222.3.1
  • Hibernate 1.40
  • HTC Album 1.0.1030.720
  • HTC BT QuickLink
  • HTC ConnectionSetup 1.0.31261.1
  • HTC HomePlug 2.10.1813.2020 (5 tabs - media tab can't be activated / patched for all weather cities) – thanks to ervius
  • HTC RandomAccess 4.0.8310.720
  • .NETCompactFramework 3.5
  • NetworkPlugin 1.0.29714.1
  • New Start Menu icon (NEW)
  • New Startup Sound (NEW)
  • New Waiting Animation (NEW)
  • PIM Backup 2.8 - thanks to dotfred
  • Pocket Office 2007 6.1
  • Pocket Screen Capture 1.0
  • SaveToSim(context menu in Contacts)
  • SIM Manager 6.41 (NEW)
  • SMS Delivery Receipt Fix – thanks to Saman @ http://www.saman-cz.com/ppc/index.html (NEW)
  • SMS Service (to send SMS through GPRS)
  • SRS WOW HD (enhance audio for those who like to listen to music with stereo headphones)
  • VOIP support
  • WM5torage 1.8
  • WkTASK 1.1.7.3c
  • Remote Desktop
  • Replaced WM6.1 task manager with a better and much more complete one (FdcSoft Task Manager 3.0) - thanks to dotfred
  • No more Customer Feedback annoying popup – thanks to akadonny (NEW)
  • UC Compliant
The items with this color are common to both versions; the rest is only available in Normal version.

The ROM is available in 2 colours:
Green and Gray for both Normal and Light versions

Some screenshots(Green is the same as in FInixNOver 3.1):
sceensdo2.png

Download FInixNOver3.2 - Green
RAPIDSHARE LINK
ADRIVE LINK
MASSMIRROR LINK

Download FInixNOver3.2 - Gray
RAPIDSHARE LINK
ADRIVE LINK
MASSMIRROR LINK

Download FInixNOver3.2 Light - Green
RAPIDSHARE LINK
ADRIVE LINK
MASSMIRROR LINK

Download FInixNOver3.2 Light - Gray
RAPIDSHARE LINK
ADRIVE LINK
MASSMIRROR LINK

Adrive links thanks to 0979720384
MassMirror links thanks to Sharkypt

Last edited:

FInixNOver

Nov 18, 2005
Special Thanks:
Cloudyfa for being such a great friend, teacher, his cooking lessons, his tools, and always answering my thousand questions
hellonasty for answering my questions
Bepe for his kitchen
Ervius for his tools, applications, his help, and answering my questions
ausdim for XIP part to fix loosing settings (password, e-mail,...) after SR
adewidt for A2DP fix to solve A2DP problems caused by ausdim XIP part
akadonny for modified mxip_notify.vol and instructions used to remove customer feedback
Minhlamdr for the keyboard skin
eliasweb for ActiveSync Killer
Saman for SMS Delivery Receipt fix
dotfred for FdcSoft Task Manager
To anyone I might have forgotten... Sorry
And to the XDA community, where we get so much from, that wouldn't be available to us otherwise.

This ROM is UC (User Customization) compliant. It means that you can install your cabs all at once after first boot. For this you only must have 2 things:

1. SDConfig.txt(with the path for cabs and xml you want to install) in Storage Card root;
  2. Folder with the files included in the SDConfig.txt
To know more about this awesome feature, check this. Even if you're not a UC addicted you'll find this feature very useful in restoring your Owner Information, Device Name, E-mail and WIFI settings, and many more using xml files. You'll find more instructions in the above thread, on how to retrieve those informations directly from your ROMs registry.
For users that don't like threaded messages / turn on SMS notifications (turned on by default in my ROM), go here (Thanks to iamwhoiam), or here.
Now about Beam:

In WM6.1 the beam function works a bit different than in WM6, since Micro$oft decided to add another registry entry to control this function.
So we used to be able to enable/disable the beam function just by going to the Comm Manager or in the Settings. And what would this action do? It would disable the ability for the device to receive files (by BT or IR), and the function enable/disable would be simultaneously changed in Settings->Beam and in Comm Manager.
Well, in WM6.1 the beam function was divided in 2 parts:
  1. being the Obex service which enables files transfer and is controlled by Setting->Beam
  2. being the switch that allows your device to receive files which is controlled by Comm Manager->Beam
And what does this all mean? It means that if one of these 2 parts of the function is Disabled, you'll not be able to receive files. On the other hand, even if both parts of the functions are in deed disabled, you'll still be able to send files. However, I recommend that the obex service is always Enabled(best for file transfers), meaning that in Settings->Beam, the box "receive all incoming beams" must always be checked, and you can Enable/Disable receiving files by changing the Beam setting in Comm Manager. This is my understanding of how it currently works, according to what I've read about so far. I may not be 100% correct, and feel free to correct me if I’m not, but one thing is for sure, to be able to receive files, you need both parts of the function enabled.

Last edited:

FInixNOver

Nov 18, 2005
FIXES:

Device Info ROM Version Normal

Device Info ROM Version Light

IRDA Fix - for all versions

Inspired by this author from the TyTn thread, I have edited the fix for this issue - his version had selection overlay issues.
Instructions: extract contents to Device\Windows folder and then delete the file called ha_skin_cache_p. No reset needed.
P.S.: Report bugs if any found!

HTC Album Portrait Fix - thanks to tnyynt

To solve low volume caused by SRS WOW HD

...About the SRS Wow HD - it appears that its intermediate driver knocks the volume level down whether its enabled or not. The only way to properly disable this effect is swap the "DLL" and "Old Driver" registry entries found in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ Drivers \ BuiltIn \ WaveDev] and soft-reset ie. remove the SRS driver. I was thinking about making a small app to do this, but eventually I got used to having turn the volume up a bit louder.

To have the network names display correctly download "FInixNOver Enable correct Network Names.cab" - thanks to tnyynt

For those of you that don't like the battery icon, but also don't want to have the time or date display on the title bar, you can have another icon. An analog clock. Download "FInixNOver Title Bar Analog Clock Tweak.cab". Don't forget to soft reset afterwards.
A screenshot of how it looks:
display2hk3.png

Last edited:

mikhe69

May 1, 2007
Downloading....

In the morning I will update with my remarks

Thank you!!!!

mariowe

Apr 13, 2007
Gschwandt
bug

hi FInixNOver,

i have tried your rom, but if i had a storage card insert it isnt able do boot after the flashtime, it will hang on on the welcomehead picture.

after replaced the storage card and a softreset the rom works fine :D

mikhe69

May 1, 2007
hi FInixNOver,

i have tried your rom, but if i had a storage card insert it isnt able do boot after the flashtime, it will hang on on the welcomehead picture.

after replaced the storage card and a softreset the rom works fine :D

To me this didn't happen...
You were unlucky:D

It seems very fast ROM....opening task manager never was so fast:eek:

more info tomorrow...sleeping time:D

slimul

Nov 27, 2007
www.gpscenter.ro
Great job

:) Upgrade finished! I still wait for the new "face" :D Good job !!!

Very quick ROM - like usual a great release (but there is still no windows update function - in case we need this option in the future).

Last edited:
E

el_gerente

I was from here to there installing from FInixNOver to Ausdim jiji... on this moment FInixNOver have the first site :p because by the programs very importants that have it. (is my opinion)
MMS (yes found)
WKtask (on ROM)
WM5torage (important)
HTC Album (nice)
HTC Home Plug (on ROM)

But, you can put ring on new email like SMS that is speaking :)

Last edited:

mikhe69

May 1, 2007
Report after 4 hours experience:

1- So far after instaled only SPB Shell 2 and mortscript, I can say it's the fastest rom tried. Look like you overclocked my trinity CPU:eek::eek:
I'm really amazed by the speed.

2- CommManager: Did you remove the red and green colour balls on purpose?

So far no bug at all!!

I just miss the cyberon voice, but I have the cab:rolleyes:,
We cannot have everithing ;)

Last edited: