[REF] Your One-Stop Shop for the Note II (Kernels, Roms, Guides, Modems, Etc.)

Search This thread

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Is there a stock stock rom avaialble? One that is not rooted. I was wondering if there is a stock image in case I needed to ever return my phone or send it in for warranty service. It seems that everywhere I look, the only stock firmware to be found are pre-rooted.

I too have been looking for one to add to the OP, usually it can be found on samfirmwares.com but it doesn't seem to have one up on their website yet....as soon as they post it I will added it to the OP

Kiwinadians

Oct 30, 2012
7-11 SpeakOut APN: (Only necessary if you have browsing add-on and would like unlimited data through proxy for $10 a month)

Name: Speakout
APN: goam.com
Proxy: 10.128.1.69
Port: 80
Username: wapuser1
Password: wap
Server:
MMSC: http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
MMS Proxy: 10.128.1.169
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 720
Authentication Type:
APN type: internet + mms
APN Protocol: IPv4

Download Autoproxy : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mgranja.autoproxy&hl=en

Turn off wifi, and create new proxy for 3g connection:
Proxy Host: 10.128.1.69
Proxy Port: 80
Proxy Type: http

Will automatically switch to proxy when wifi is out of range or disabled.

twistedsistem

Apr 16, 2009
If anyone is interested on a How To for removing exchange email policies I found this today and it works on the custom ROMS for our phone! This IS a major life savor for me and being able to flash ROMS on my phone :)

I did not test this on my phone with just being rooted.

Def give credit to rustamabd
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117452

C

cjsspape

Hey was thinking maybe at the top of this OP you could incorporate a "what NOT to do" section that outlines what ROMS not to use why not to use them etc. I thought that maybe since we had this device for a little bit now guys would stop randomly flashing other international stuff but.... Might help alleviate some of the problems (that is if people actually read this haha)

1chris89

Recovery auto restarts automatically... why?

Also how to mount internal storage for mass storage in CWM?

Last edited:

wargear

Jun 12, 2012
pensacola fla
Nice addition thanks for the efforts! Doing research prior to upgrade next month hoping roms for note get ported soon... :laugh:

1chris89

Nice addition thanks for the efforts! Doing research prior to upgrade next month hoping roms for note get ported soon... :laugh:

Wow didn't think about that so what do they have for the note? CM10?!? lol I can't wait for CM10 on the Note II....

So does anyone know how to use a usb ethernet adapter? How do I get it to work? Do I need an app from the market? I'm running CleanROM Lite 1.0 and the 1.8Ghz kernel and man is it sizzling and it doesn't even got hot at all in game locked down in performance at 1.8Ghz!

Nov 20, 2012
Section 3: Modem/Radios

AT&T
i317UCALJ2....uploaded by DAGr8 (Direct Link)

At this moment, this link is broken. Referring page says the download is no longer available. Hopefully it will be back up. I always like getting all the stock stuff before rooting and messing around.

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Can anybody advise on where to install the modem drivers posted here? They uncompress to a .bin file. The zipped file cannot be flashed. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If your talking about the modem zips, not drivers as those aren't modems and are only for your computer. If you download the modem zip, do not unzip it, it is to be flashed through recovery

normaaaan

Aug 29, 2007
Ottawa
Something for section 9 - nice to see these work for testing this phone:

*#*#4636#*#* will get you a ping test - choose "Info," then "Device information," which is actually telephone information. You can also get an app "Hidden Menus" from the Market which will save you the effort of keying all that in ;)

*#0*# works to get into the Samsung Service Menu to test the rest of the phone out.

nacos

Sep 27, 2007
Here & Now
CANNOT change ROM's from Telus to Bell

Hi,

I'd like to flash Bell's stock firmware on my Telus SGH-I317M.

1. I'm rooted using CF's method and TWRP installed
2. I have downloaded Bell's firmware from Sammobile
3. I did (successfully) flash the "I317MVLALJ2_I317MOYAALJ2_I317MVLALJ2_HOME.tar.md5 " file using Odin BUT after reboot the firmware still shows as Telus', the modem is still Telus' - basically no (visible) changes whatsoever.
4. Currently there is no version of Bell's stock ROM, flashable from recovery (I assume I should wipe the current system files from within the recovery, in order to be able to start fresh and then continue installing the "zip" version of the stock ROM from within recovery) - but then again, a zip file is not yet available.

Is there any way to actually do that BEFORE somebody repacks the existing "*tar.md5" file into a "*.zip" file?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Update:

This is really weird: I figured I would use Mobile Odin Pro since it has the ability to also wipe clean data/cache/Dalvik, so:
1. I used the above tar.md5 file (Bell)
2. Before flashing I opted for wiping data/cache/Dalvik cache
3. The flashing process went through nice and smoothly, no hiccups

but guess what?...the firmware is still Telus AND so is the modem. I'm puzzled. I am very much aware of the fact that the firmwares for the 3 Canadian companies are the same, but what about the modems, CSC and the specific files? No matter what I do, I just can't get rid of this Telus ROM.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Shwc

rockinandroid

Apr 22, 2012
*Work in Progress*

Got permission from Papa Smurf151 to open this thread since no one else has started one. Going to spend the day setting it up and hopefully by the end of the day I will have a well-informed and set-up page for all us AT&T Note II owners.

If anyone else has any ideas for this thread let me know and I will consider incorporating it

Section 1: Roms

Stock/Modded Stock

Stock Rooted I317UCALJ2 - Odex / De-Odex
....by scrosler 11/11/2012
[11/21][Rogers] - Stock Root I317MVLALJ2 - Odex or De-Odex....by scrosler

CleanROM Lite Edition v1.1.1 -★| UCALJ2 Base | Super Debloated |★-
....by scrosler 11/21/2012

VLALJ2 THE_Hybrid| the ONLY TW hybrid rom
....by DAGr8 11/25/2012

Ports

Modded I317_N7105ZHALJ4 MultiWindow Control
....by cjsspape (Approved Add-ons added)
Jedi X3.1 |PORT|Multiwindow| 11|24....by ptmr3

AOSP/CM/AOKP/PA/Etc.

CM10 - i317....by androidoholic (WIP)

Section 2: Kernels

Perseus...by AndreiLux 11/17/12
Note2Core v1.01 - Standard, OC, Extreme....by antiochasylum

Stock LJ2 kernel CMW-flashable....uploaded by AndreiLux (Direct Link)

Section 3: Modem/Radios

AT&T
i317UCALJ2....uploaded by DAGr8 (Direct Link)

Rogers
I317MVLALJ2....uploaded by DAGr8 (Direct Link)

Section 4: Recoveries

TWRP 2.3.1.3 - TeamWin Recovery Project (Updated)
CWM Recovery (Direct Link)....thanks to the CWM team!

Section 5: Firmwares

SGH-I317M firmware I317MVLALJ2

*This will be filled out as soon as my request for the AT&T firmware has been answered or if anyone is able to provide me with a link*

Section 6: Mods/Tools/Themes/Misc.

[Mod] [AT&T] - 4 in Reboot Menu - De-Odex - I317UCALJ2 Base....by scrosler
[Mod] [AT&T] - LiDroid 15 Toggle Mod - De-Odex....by [MOD](FlipFonts for the Note)[MOD] .APK MORE THAN 300+ FONTS....by BLOWCO
[Mod] TW Launcher with different grid sizes....by garyd9
[Mod] No increasing ring tone - LJ2 - i317....by antiochasylum
[Mod] Beats Audio & others....by DAGr8 11/12/2012
[Mod] Remove the annoying ongoing WiFi Connected notification....by antiochasylum
[Mod] Enable unlimited USB, Wifi, and Bluetooth tethering....by mostyle
[Mod] Disable screen wake on when receiving a text....by lbxmobbin_1

[Tool] Empty Flashable Zip for Themers and Modders....by scrosler

[Misc] [boot.img][11/11/12][AT&T] Unsecure Boot Image - init.d support / Remount / Boot Ani....by scrosler
[Misc] 300+ HD Wallpapers....by aspidites73

Section 7: How To's/Guides

Rooting
*[HOWTO] [SGH-I317/M] CF-Auto-Root v1.0....developed by Chainfire*
[HOWTO] Editing the CSC file on your phone.....by garyd9
[HOWTO] Installing CWM recovery on Note II....by mjwhirly
[HOWTO] How to Clear flash count/Unroot....by sling
[HOWTO] [ROOT] No Tripping Flash Counter - [ATT / Bell / Telus / Rogers / Sasktel]....by mrRobinson
[HOWTO] Making your own kernel.......by garyd9 (Devs Only)

[REF] TERMINOLOGY for the newbies....written by ThC23
[REF] Search xda and the WORLD!....written by mindmajick
[REF] Porting rom guide ....written by Xylograph
[REF] Create custom ODIN packages....written by das7982
[REF] CPU Governors and I/O Schedulers Explained....written by jee'sgalaxy

Section 8: Utilities

Kies (Linked to Samsung Page)
MD-5 checking utility
Odin 3.07
Device Drivers

AT&T Modem link broke....i need modem anyone....thanks for the help..

skim32

Aug 13, 2010
*This will be filled out as soon as my request for the AT&T firmware has been answered or if anyone is able to provide me with a link*

AT&T Official Firmware is now available at http://www.sammobile.com/. Here is the hotfile link that they supplied. http://www.hotfile.com/dl/181184536/fa1bbef/I317UCALJ2_I317ATTALJ2_ATT.zip.html. YAY now I can root and try other roms. Didn't quit feel comfortable without an official firmware to fall back to.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advex

mjwhirly

Aug 16, 2010
FL
Hey guys, just want to apologize for this thread as of recently. I have been extremely limited on time for this past week due to the semester coming to an end, and it being the busiest time of the season at work. I'm going to sit down and fix up all links and add some more recently created threads to the reference hopefully tomorrow :silly:

Top Liked Posts