Should I take the upgrade on MI1

Search This thread

michael3770

Jun 27, 2012
My S4 shipped with mi1 however I immediately rooted and frozen sdm
Now since there are safe root with the latest ota, should I update or not? is there any chance that unlocking bootloader on MI1 would be easier than MK2 or they are essentially the same?
This locked phone is really frustrating

walkermc20

Sep 4, 2010
Greenville, SC
My S4 shipped with mi1 however I immediately rooted and frozen sdm
Now since there are safe root with the latest ota, should I update or not? is there any chance that unlocking bootloader on MI1 would be easier than MK2 or they are essentially the same?
This locked phone is really frustrating

I only have a few days experience with this, but in everything I've been reading, there's nothing really past MDK that works with the recovery images...think we're stuck with MK2 until the pros figure it out.

-Walker

vt0r

Sep 22, 2013
New York
shellvatore.us
Have to agree with equake here.

You're already past MDK, so AOSP-based ROMs are no longer an option while the bootloader is locked, BUT there are several good ROMs available for booting from Safestrap.

Lots of them listed here (try Verizon GPE and HyperDrive first):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448726

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
Have to agree with equake here.

You're already past MDK, so AOSP-based ROMs are no longer an option while the bootloader is locked, BUT there are several good ROMs available for booting from Safestrap.

Lots of them listed here (try Verizon GPE and HyperDrive first):

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2448726

Just a side note.. Hyperdrive 12 only works on Safestrap 3.71 which is either mj7 or mk2. And us 4.3 users really only have HD 12 and maybe a couple others to choose from currently. No GPE as that was on 4.2.

Again there are people working to bring more roms our way on 4.3 you can find them in the dev section and Eclipse is gonna be coming soon for us to I hear.

---------- Post added at 09:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 AM ----------

Safestrap 3.7x works with JB 4.3 ROMs so you can Rom away.

There's Omega, darthstalker, foxhound and Hyperdrive last I checked.

ImO Hyperdrive and Foxhound are the ones to really check out.
Not a huge difference option wise... Hyperdrive and foxhound seem to be tricked out the most. I'm a Hyperdrive man myself.

michael3770

Jun 27, 2012
Thanks then i will just upgrade and root
Hopefully the bl gets solved soon

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app