[SOLVED] I've screwed something up. Not getting SMS/MMS through any app.

Search This thread

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
I've flashed 3-4 different ROMs at different times over the last 5 days trying to get to stock NAE w/MF9 bootloader & it all started with not able to get Wifi on SAT after the first flash while running CM10.2.1. That issue seems to have resolved itself . . . after getting an MF9 stock restore flash via Odin . . . but only after immediately installing Philz recovery via Odin, wiping Data before it would even boot.

I have wiped from every recovery (except stock): Philz/CWM/TWRP. I'm completely at a loss on how to move forward or resolve this issue.

How do I get SMS/MMS working again? I can send from the stock messaging app, but not receive. :(

I'm FAIRLY POSITIVE I was on MF9 bootloader before trying to upgrade. Once I flashed the NAE modem, this all started. (checking screenshots)

Any help or feedback appreciated!

If I had a Knox enabled bootloader, would this show Knox warranty bit?

Screenshot_2014-04-02-14-19-57.png
Screenshot_2014-04-01-23-01-50.png

Last edited:

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
If you are on MF9 bootlaoder I would sat to Odin MF9 once again. Keep it stock. And update profile and prl then reboot. If that doesn't work go to the dialer and put ##72786#. Be sure to be connected to WiFi for this part.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
If you are on MF9 bootlaoder I would sat to Odin MF9 once again. Keep it stock. And update profile and prl then reboot. If that doesn't work go to the dialer and put ##72786#. Be sure to be connected to WiFi for this part.

This is from a FRESH Odin MF9 stock unrooted flash. I did run the profile/prl already. I have not tried the dialer code.

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Ok, I just did that ##72786#, it rebooted twice after running the hands free activation. Still not receiving texts. I want to reflash this & use the stock recovery wipe. That's going to have to wait until I get home though. :\

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Its suppose to reboot twice. If non of this works I have a feeling it might be your network that is having problems in your area and would advise you to call Sprint.

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Ok, I've flashed again, immediately did a factory reset/data wipe. I've removed my SDCard before the wipe/flash. Something is lingering that is ****ing me up. What is the absolute most complete data wipe/start fresh method? I've flashed the MF9 stock full restore & well . . . it's not working.

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Odin MF9. After its done boot into recovery and perform a factory reset. Doing this in stock recovery wipes the whole internal memory.

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Odin MF9. After its done boot into recovery and perform a factory reset. Doing this in stock recovery wipes the whole internal memory.

I have Odin MF9'd stock unrooted repeatedly & I have immediately booted into stock recovery & factory reset. I've even Odin'd MF9, flashed Philz, wiped everything shy of clicking "prepare for new ROM". That is how I'm here. I've even Odin'd the MF9 All In One (modem/bootloader/etc).

One last thought I had was I likely had flashed the MK2 modem ONLY (not bootloader). Is there going back/forth between modems?

This all started because I Odin'd the NAE modem only . . .

Last edited:

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Reflashed MF9. Wipe before, Odin MF9, wipe after. No luck.

Just flashed MDC stock (no data wipe vers), wiped before/after, *STILL* no texts.

This is seriously getting ridiculous. RIDICULOUS!

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Go to a Sprint store

:) Yeah. I think that just about where I'm at, but I just remembered that I have a friend that works really close with a Samsung remanufacturer who has worked on my buddy's Nexus/Notes.

IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, headed to Sprint.

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
So I went to the Sprint store. I had taken some OTAs to see if going that route might help. It didn't. Now I've got Knox.

The problem: somehow Google Voice integration was affecting texts? Once Google Voice was unintegrated/reintegrated, I was able to get SMS/MMS via stock app or GoSMS.

Reactions: daniel4653

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
So I went to the Sprint store. I had taken some OTAs to see if going that route might help. It didn't. Now I've got Knox.

The problem: somehow Google Voice integration was affecting texts? Once Google Voice was unintegrated/reintegrated, I was able to get SMS/MMS via stock app or GoSMS.

Thanks for the lead to here to solve my same problem. What did you do to "unintegrated/reomtegrated". I mean what was the process that you went through to get this working again. I use Dragon Assistant for voice responses to incoming messages and now that you mention Google Voice I did try to have that do instead of Dragon but gave up.............but not sure how to reverse this.....did what I could be still in the Message Dark.

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Thanks for the lead to here to solve my same problem. What did you do to "unintegrated/reomtegrated". I mean what was the process that you went through to get this working again. I use Dragon Assistant for voice responses to incoming messages and now that you mention Google Voice I did try to have that do instead of Dragon but gave up.............but not sure how to reverse this.....did what I could be still in the Message Dark.

Google Voice does not have to do with reading out the messages. At least I don't believe so. I think that's Google Now.

Google Voice is VoIP/SMS app. Where you can get your own phone number from them to make/receive calls/texts. Some how, my SMS issue was related to it being integrated with my Sprint number.

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yes. I have been using that for a long time and not Sprint for messages. So whatever went South soi will cancel and return to Sprint. After you restored messages did you return to Google?

LAYGO

Jul 7, 2010
Yes. I have been using that for a long time and not Sprint for messages. So whatever went South soi will cancel and return to Sprint. After you restored messages did you return to Google?

Yes. Just unintegrate it, test that you're now getting text messages. then reintegrate it. It might take a few mins to reintegrate it (mine was about 25 mins before we noticed it worked again). All your texts/vms will still be there.

cyaclone

Sep 19, 2011
CLEARWATER
OnePlus 10 Pro
Yea! I am back getting SMS. Changed from Google to a different app for voice message that I used b4 Google. Also just flashed an updated LiquidSmooth v04_06 & PoKernal v07. I think your solution was the answer. Fought the loss of SMS for several days.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.