[GUIDE] Recover from an incomplete flash

Search This thread

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
Suppose you are flashing a firmware using the Odin Download mode, and when the flashing process is going on, there's a power cut, or the flashing process is stuck at a point and there is no progress in the process even after quite a few minutes. What to do then?

1. Be 100% sure that it has got stuck. Else dont try this,
2. If you are sure that it has got stuck, then disconnect phone from PC. Then take out and put the battery. As soon as you do that, you will see that a message saying something about firmware upgarde error and will ask you to go to recovery mode in kies, and it will flash automatically. This situation is called emergency mode.
3. Now hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button for 10-15 seconds, and you will be in regular download mode.
4. Now follow the general firmware flashing steps you were following earlier, and it should do the job this time.

In my case, I was using Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282. This method should work for any android based Samsung phones.

T3snake

Dec 27, 2013
Vadodara
Suppose you are flashing a firmware using the Odin Download mode, and when the flashing process is going on, there's a power cut, or the flashing process is stuck at a point and there is no progress in the process even after quite a few minutes. What to do then?

1. Be 100% sure that it has got stuck. Else dont try this,
2. If you are sure that it has got stuck, then disconnect phone from PC. Then take out and put the battery. As soon as you do that, you will see that a message saying something about firmware upgarde error and will ask you to go to recovery mode in kies, and it will flash automatically. This situation is called emergency mode.
3. Now hold Volume Down + Home + Power Button for 10-15 seconds, and you will be in regular download mode.
4. Now follow the general firmware flashing steps you were following earlier, and it should do the job this time.

In my case, I was using Samsung Galaxy Star GT-S5282. This method should work for any android based Samsung phones.

It not emergency mode but download mode itself
and reason of stuckup is most probably wrong firmware
As long as there is no bar(installation bar) u can safely remove the battery

corphish

Recognized Dev / Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 16, 2014
Durgapur
It not emergency mode but download mode itself
and reason of stuckup is most probably wrong firmware
As long as there is no bar(installation bar) u can safely remove the battery

What I meant is, if the flashing process had started ant then stuck (probably at system.img in PC Odin), then the above method would come in handy.