3rd Party Wireless Charger card

Search This thread

Dec 18, 2008
Charlotte

droideris1

Aug 5, 2010
i got the OEM samsung s5 wireless battery cover that you linked above, and ever since i put it on the phone it says 'check battery cover' on the screen. The seal doesn't seem too good on the top right and next to the headphone jack, and it definitely doesn't feel like it is still ip67... has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I got a bad one..

yoonus

Jun 18, 2013
Morrisville
photos with powerqi card

I bought the slim PWRcard but I think I got the redesigned version. I was also looking at the card you bought. Does this card produce any noticeable bulge, specifically by the flash/heart rate sensor? The slim PWRcard has a gap in this area.

Attached is the photos I promised. One is with the powerqi card installed and other without. You decide which one has the card ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1884.jpg
    IMG_1884.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_1887.jpg
    IMG_1887.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 514

ldeveraux

Nov 20, 2008
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Nexus Q
i got the OEM samsung s5 wireless battery cover that you linked above, and ever since i put it on the phone it says 'check battery cover' on the screen. The seal doesn't seem too good on the top right and next to the headphone jack, and it definitely doesn't feel like it is still ip67... has this happened to anyone else? Maybe I got a bad one..

Maybe user error :p It's made/designed by Samsung so there's no reason it shouldn't work as well as the standard back. In my opinion, the standard back doesn't "feel" ip67 either, so how much worse could it be?

wmunn

Nov 4, 2011

The check battery cover message pops up on every phone running the standard at&t rom. It is just flashed onto the screen, no matter if the cover is on right, on wrong, or not on at all.

Now, that being said, the seal around the back cover that keeps the water out of the phone, only works when there is nothing interfering with the seal. ALL aftermarket Qi charger cards interfere with that seal, and WILL cause a water leak.

The factory charging back is designed to seal correctly, and wireless charge properly. When you are looking at the cost of the phone, $39 isn't much to pay for Qi charging if that is important to you, and there are some cases that will fit over the charging case.

Yes, it would be nice to have more choices, but at least there are some out there already.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just received the S5 SlimPWRcard - 0.5mm Qi Receiver from Fonesalesman. Got it in 2 days, free shipping from Amazon. The RAVPower Qi-Enabled Wireless Charger / 4800mAh External Battery Pack Charger should be here by Tuesday. I guess the store isn't open on weekends to process my order. I measured the card with a digital micrometer and it's actually thinner than 0.5mm. Doesn't look like water is going to get into the phone but I'm not crazy enough to submerge my phone in water. I took some photos for you guys to see. There's no noticeable bulge when the battery cover is back on and the phone fits into my slim case perfectly. Hope this helps.

02.jpg
    For those who needs to know, there is a receiver on the market, supports both qi and powermat (P M A), made for the S5, i've already contacted the suppler for a sample, and from the information provided, they also.have samples of the A4WP format transmitter.
    Could you post a picture of that instructions you got? I will try to buy one of that (Expower), but of course I can't find it here in Brazil.

Here is the part about the copper shielding.
    Mine came today. I got this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/QI-Wireless.../141251794658?ssPageName=ADME:L:eek:U:US:1120

It works. I made some modifications.

I peeled one side off to reveal a copper coil, rather than printed design. This thickness is still negligible. The logic board at the top is thicker, and does add a slight bulge to the back. All in all, i pealed both sides off the tag and trimmed off those locating ridges on the battery cover.

I also clipped the corner of the contacts tab so that it wouldn't overlap the flat part of the frame where the seal sits, though the bulge in the cover is enough to give me pause about the watertight-ness, no surprise there though. Looking forward to getting an OEM wireless back..but this will do for now.
    Found an ebay seller in the US (California), so I ordered one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Qi-Wireless...l_Phone_PDA_Chargers&var=&hash=item19ebf8cffb

Should have it in a few days...