[Q] Nexus S i9020A - No cellular connection after updating to 2.3.6

Search This thread

mailrachit

Sep 29, 2011
I am using Nexus S i9020A (unlocked).

After updating to 2.3.6 (GRK39F), I lost all cellular connections (voice and data) effectively making it useless.

There is a page on Google Support for people like me who have faced this same problem.

google.com/support/forum/p/Google+Mobile/thread?tid=6946203d6a4d4b2f&hl=en

I successfully installed stock 2.3.3 but I still do not have voice & data. I also tried Cyanogenmod stable 7.0.3

Though the images above did flash the radio back to KB1/KB3, I also manually flashed a couple of radios that I knew worked with my phone previously. Still I do not have voice or data.

Is there a way to make my phone work again?

Thanks..

B

bedalus

I suspect that the new baseband has invalidated something in your efs folder. Make a backup of your efs folder before you do anything else. Team Win Recovery Project offers this ability in their custom recovery image.

You should then check the radio thread in development and follow method 2 for restoring data, very very carefully.

Sent from the future to put right what once went wrong.

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
Just fixed mine last night with the same problem... download the UCKD1 radio... flash via fastboot

After that go into development and look for the radio thread u can't miss it. Should be one of the top threads on here... Should Read Nexus S Radios.... on the very first page scroll down to 3G Connection.... make sure u have Root Explorer ... if u don't ... go into 4shared.com and download it there its the 2.16 version [shhhh] lol follow the instructions by copying the 3 files in the EFS Folder and place all three into root of SD.... after that simply back out. Btw you can copy the files via root explorer by press and holding for the pop up. Turn phone off and on... =] should be OK. Remember back up your esf file and never use Rom Manager unless u wanna risk it.

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium

B

bedalus

No, you don't copy the files, you move them. This is so
you have the originals should something go wrong when they are regenerated. Copying the entire folder achieves the same thing and is less fiddly.

Read the radio post.

Sent from the future to put right what once went wrong.

YourMainDude

Jun 20, 2010
No u need root access and root explorer... have to use command prompt

Reactions: e-dub

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just fixed mine last night with the same problem... download the UCKD1 radio... flash via fastboot

After that go into development and look for the radio thread u can't miss it. Should be one of the top threads on here... Should Read Nexus S Radios.... on the very first page scroll down to 3G Connection.... make sure u have Root Explorer ... if u don't ... go into 4shared.com and download it there its the 2.16 version [shhhh] lol follow the instructions by copying the 3 files in the EFS Folder and place all three into root of SD.... after that simply back out. Btw you can copy the files via root explorer by press and holding for the pop up. Turn phone off and on... =] should be OK. Remember back up your esf file and never use Rom Manager unless u wanna risk it.

No u need root access and root explorer... have to use command prompt