Compass direction on map always off

Search This thread

Exostenza

Dec 12, 2010
I have noticed that no matter what I do my direction that I point the phone in is always 30 to 60 degrees off while sometimes it is a solid 90. Is this a know issue with the phone? Is there anything to do that would resolve it? I have tried the swing it around in an infinity sign shape b t that doesn't help.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Not sure I have seen this problem. I use something for GPS that never really gets out dated and works all devices. Take a look here and see if it can help you. You should be able to flash them but you can manually extract them to system/etc and set permissions to 664

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563226

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jonesjj

Jul 27, 2010
The infinity sign works for me. I need to move it with the top of the phone in the lead though. Only a temp fix. I need to do this every time.

I have noticed that no matter what I do my direction that I point the phone in is always 30 to 60 degrees off while sometimes it is a solid 90. Is this a know issue with the phone? Is there anything to do that would resolve it? I have tried the swing it around in an infinity sign shape b t that doesn't help.

Exostenza

Dec 12, 2010
Not sure I have seen this problem. I use something for GPS that never really gets out dated and works all devices. Take a look here and see if it can help you. You should be able to flash them but you can manually extract them to system/etc and set permissions to 664

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563226

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I appreciate the effort but my problem is not with gps at all. It is with the direction that the phone thinks it is pointed in. Gps working beyond amazing on this phone and it locks so fast I'm sure it's under a second.

The infinity sign works for me. I need to move it with the top of the phone in the lead though. Only a temp fix. I need to do this every time.

Yeah, that doesn't even do the trick.

jonesjj

Jul 27, 2010
I also had a case with a kickstand that was messing it up. There was a huge magnet holding the kickstand.

KoRoZIV

Aug 27, 2010
Ploiesti

Attachments

• post-57078-13993689403484_thumb.jpg
    post-57078-13993689403484_thumb.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: TheLastSidekick

Top Liked Posts