Battery Problem when Upgraded to 4.4.2 in SM-N900

Search This thread

abdo2a

Sep 4, 2013
Hama
samsony.net
• Hi, i have Note 3 SM-N900 and it consumes the battery tremendously after i upgraded it from Android 4.3 to Android 4.4.2 .

• Consumption even in sleep mode .

• The mobile is hot in sleep mode. also, it's too hot when i turn on the screen .

• Note that when the system was 4.3 were not the problem exists .

• I downgraded it to 4.3 by install PGU-N900UBUBMI5 rom but the problem still exists .

-- Battey Status :
fWnM7j.png

-- Power Saving : Enabled

-- Screen Bright : Auto (0)

-- Programs Turned Off :
Bloomberg+, Google Play Games, Google Play services, Google Play Store, Google Search, Google Services Framework, Google+, Hangouts, S Voice, Samsung Apps, Samsung Apps Widget, Samsung Link .

Motions Controls are disabled All :
yNI3v0.png

What is the solution , plz?

abdo2a

Sep 4, 2013
Hama
samsony.net
Have you done a factory reset after upgrading to 4.4.2.
I did and battery usage in 4.4.2. is way better...

ps havind the pictures in original resolution doesnt make it an easy read on pc...

yes, i do factory reset after upgrading but the problem still exists !

notice : when i boot the mobile to download mode and leave it also consumes the battery tremendously :(

Help me :(:(

soumen.sam

May 14, 2014
I’m not a android technical guy but it looks like a higher background process issue. Disabling unnecessary system apps is a good idea but disabling manufacturer system apps isn’t a good idea. I’ve doubts those appa you’ve disabled listed below. I should never disable these at all.

Google Play services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Samsung Apps, Samsung Apps Widget, Samsung Link.

The system runs in full process when its looking for something and its not getting the right thing which it needs. Getting the phone hot is an indication for that, like its gets hot when playing large games. The cpu is running with full capacity. Also if the mobile data (3G/HSPDA) running constantly that is a plus point for making it hot and draining battery. Using WIFI most of the time consumes way to less battery.

Also check the RAM and CPU usage if possible, I doubt both will be high. And turn those apps on and keep all updated then do a factory reset, better by hard reset (not from setting menu). I hope this issue will be fixed.

abdo2a

Sep 4, 2013
Hama
samsony.net
I’m not a android technical guy but it looks like a higher background process issue. Disabling unnecessary system apps is a good idea but disabling manufacturer system apps isn’t a good idea. I’ve doubts those appa you’ve disabled listed below. I should never disable these at all.

Google Play services, Google Play Store, Google Services Framework, Samsung Apps, Samsung Apps Widget, Samsung Link.

The system runs in full process when its looking for something and its not getting the right thing which it needs. Getting the phone hot is an indication for that, like its gets hot when playing large games. The cpu is running with full capacity. Also if the mobile data (3G/HSPDA) running constantly that is a plus point for making it hot and draining battery. Using WIFI most of the time consumes way to less battery.

Also check the RAM and CPU usage if possible, I doubt both will be high. And turn those apps on and keep all updated then do a factory reset, better by hard reset (not from setting menu). I hope this issue will be fixed.

I've done everything you said, but the problem is not solved :(