[12-10-2011][THEME] TW4.5 SGS II theme v3.3 (CM7 version updated!)

Search This thread

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
12-10-2011: CyanogenMod 7(.1) version updated!

I'll be doing more work, to get the whole app themed with SGS II/ other nice icons that fit the theme :)

Ta-DAAAA!!!!!

It has arrived. My version 3.2 of the SGS II theme includes A LOT of SGS II app icons, even in your app drawer and CyanogenMod 7.
I will be working to make this better when suggestions are made :D.

Little question: Who would like to see a LauncherPro theme of this? :D

I'm also thinking about doing something else theme-related, but more rigourous. Who would like permanent SGS II icons on their apps, without a theme?

Aaaaand... Can someone get me some old MotoBlur icons? Want to make that a theme too :) Already have the new icons :D

The apps included are:

- Browser
- Calendar
- Contacts
- Email
- Messaging
- Downloads
- Settings
- Tasks (SGS II app)
- Gallery (A.K.A. Gallery3D)
- GMail
- Google Search
- Google Talk
- Voice Search
- YouTube
- Kies Air
- Calculator
- Camera
- Clock
- Task Manager (Samsung's)
- Phone (A.K.A. Dialer)
- AllShare
- FM Radio
- Memo (Samsung's)
- My Files (Samsung's)
- Video Editor
- Video Player (Samsung's)
- Photo Editor
- Samsung Apps
- IM (SGS II app)
- Vlingo Voice To Go (Both shortcuts have the same icon.)

If an icon is the same on every device, or doesn't work with your device, please tell me and I'll look into it.

Please PM me if you use my icons for a ROM/theme/whatever.

Why not post this in the TW4.5 theme collection? I have, with a link to this thread.
This is mainly to get it noticed, instead of it not getting noticed.
Apart from that, the thread is not very lively anymore... :(

I would like to thank my brother for letting me look at the activities which I didn't have anymore...

One last thing: I will be doing requested themes (I don't have PhotoShop skills, so it's better if you provide the icons :p), and if someone can post the MotoBlur icons, I will make a theme out of those too.

This is on CM7, but ofcourse it looks the same as on a Samsung rom, because the icons are the same. Only the package names differ, that's why Bassie made a different CM7 zip.

screenshot1318491581168.png

screenshot1318491590160.png

Downloads below.

Last edited:

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
I don't have all the apps on my device, so I will list them in the OP. With that, a picture.

As you can see, they are a bit foggy in the drawer, but not too much. :confused:

Also, Samsung Apps doesn't seem to have changed. :( It should have a blue background, can anyone verify?

Then as the last thing: I'm also thinking about doing something else theme-related, but more rigourous.

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
Sorry to say but PNG are upscaled, they look little blurry. Try to capture big size PNG icons for apps :)

I know, they are upscaled. That was the only way to get them big enough in the app drawer, it automatically makes them look small in the drawer.

Therefore, I am asking for a fix. How do I get bigger icons that look right? Maybe take a pic of a theme on here?

The icons in the dock don't get made smaller, so they are fine in the dock... :(

And I accidentally thanked you for your post :p Well, you have that one from me already :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Rahulrulez

Rahulrulez

Oct 18, 2010
India
I know, they are upscaled. That was the only way to get them big enough in the app drawer, it automatically makes them look small in the drawer.

Therefore, I am asking for a fix. How do I get bigger icons that look right? Maybe take a pic of a theme on here?

The icons in the dock don't get made smaller, so they are fine in the dock... :(

And I accidentally thanked you for your post :p Well, you have that one from me already :D

I've asked for a Fix in fr4gg0r's thread... :) I experienced the same thing.. But you worked hard for this. It's not easy to extract icon of every single application and rename it :)

Reactions: bassie1995

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
I've asked for a Fix in fr4gg0r's thread... :) I experienced the same thing.. But you worked hard for this. It's not easy to extract icon of every single application and rename it :)

It's not, indeed... A very long job.
Especially because I did it wrong two times before getting it right :p

Still, I like to see the result of my work, and therefore I want to do more :D

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
To everyone:

Please tell me whether or not you would want an icon pack for LauncherPro made out of this.

Also, please give feedback on these icons, see the 1st post for things I want to know :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

bassie1995

Jan 9, 2011
Delft
@strickyy and maddoggin: what do you mean?

Maddoggin, if you mean the widgets (is there a full app called feeds), those should work, since it is a Samsung launcher. If you mean the icons: I have only themed Samsung apps, I didn't find more of Samsung than I said in the first post.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    12-10-2011: CyanogenMod 7(.1) version updated!

I'll be doing more work, to get the whole app themed with SGS II/ other nice icons that fit the theme :)

Ta-DAAAA!!!!!

It has arrived. My version 3.2 of the SGS II theme includes A LOT of SGS II app icons, even in your app drawer and CyanogenMod 7.
    I will be working to make this better when suggestions are made :D.

I'm also thinking about doing something else theme-related, but more rigourous. Who would like permanent SGS II icons on their apps, without a theme?

Aaaaand... Can someone get me some old MotoBlur icons? Want to make that a theme too :) Already have the new icons :D

The apps included are:

- Browser
    - Calendar
    - Contacts
    - Email
    - Messaging
    - Downloads
    - Settings
    - Tasks (SGS II app)
    - Gallery (A.K.A. Gallery3D)
    - GMail
    - Google Search
    - Google Talk
    - Voice Search
    - YouTube
    - Kies Air
    - Calculator
    - Camera
    - Clock
    - Task Manager (Samsung's)
    - Phone (A.K.A. Dialer)
    - AllShare
    - FM Radio
    - Memo (Samsung's)
    - My Files (Samsung's)
    - Video Editor
    - Video Player (Samsung's)
    - Photo Editor
    - Samsung Apps
    - IM (SGS II app)
    - Vlingo Voice To Go (Both shortcuts have the same icon.)

If an icon is the same on every device, or doesn't work with your device, please tell me and I'll look into it.

Please PM me if you use my icons for a ROM/theme/whatever.

Why not post this in the TW4.5 theme collection? I have, with a link to this thread.
    This is mainly to get it noticed, instead of it not getting noticed.
    Apart from that, the thread is not very lively anymore... :(

I would like to thank my brother for letting me look at the activities which I didn't have anymore...

One last thing: I will be doing requested themes (I don't have PhotoShop skills, so it's better if you provide the icons :p), and if someone can post the MotoBlur icons, I will make a theme out of those too.

This is on CM7, but ofcourse it looks the same as on a Samsung rom, because the icons are the same. Only the package names differ, that's why Bassie made a different CM7 zip.

screenshot1318491581168.png

screenshot1318491590160.png

Downloads below.
    Sorry to say but PNG are upscaled, they look little blurry. Try to capture big size PNG icons for apps :)

Contacts: com.android.contacts.ContactsListActivity
    Phone (under Contacts): com.android.contacts.DialtactsActivity

Nice. That is indeed different from the version for Samsung ROMs. I'll make a little update right now :D

EDIT: I've used both of the "extended" names to be sure. Please check the first post, to see if it works now :)