[ROM][KK][UNIFIED MOTO8960] VanirAOSP - Heavy Metal Android Development

Search This thread

progrockguy

Feb 9, 2013
Look what I found while Googling for moto-msm8960! This ROM is very customizable and reminds me of Carbon. Enjoy!

TeamVanir presents
VANIR
Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
omniswitch
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
Kernel

Credits
Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
1. Make sure that you have the latest CWM/Philz/TWRP
2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
1, wipe dalvik and cache
2. Flash ROM
3. Flash Gapps
4. Reboot

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111378032131473754160

Donations
If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
NuclearMistake
Sonicxml
DHO
PrimeDirective
Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

Download Commotio (personalized builds by DHO)

Last edited:

progrockguy

Feb 9, 2013
dlr7.jpg

grgw.jpg

tvn9.jpg

Youtube: VANIR Walkthrough

Last edited:

Hydr0id

Jul 30, 2013
Unified covers the XT925 variant.

Sent from my RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

progrockguy

Feb 9, 2013
any difference with respect to the unified cm builds ?

Vanir forked CM's unified repo so everything is in sync, just a lot of different features and customization options. It works on my atrix hd, no issues.

There's an OTA Updater but it does not seem to be working, so you'll have to update nightlies manually.

Darbness

Apr 20, 2008
Sydney
This is a good rom. I have been using it for two days now.

Only bug is I can't get Gps to lock. I came from unified CM11 latest nightly.

XBlackChaosX

Oct 30, 2011
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
I can not for the love of anyone in this immense universe get this or any unified rom to work with my T-Mobile service, it's annoying. Has anyone been able to get any unified rom to work with T-Mobile or any gsm carrier?

Sent from my Droid Razr Maxx HD

TecknoFreak

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I can not for the love of anyone in this immense universe get this or any unified rom to work with my T-Mobile service, it's annoying. Has anyone been able to get any unified rom to work with T-Mobile or any gsm carrier?

I do, lol
All of the unifieds works for me fine

progrockguy

Feb 9, 2013
Dude how?????????????

Tekno has an Atrix hd I think. Since the unified is detecting an xt926, it's writing build.prop settings for Verizon cdma. You have to manually edit a few lines, assuming you've already done the radio nv string hack. There's a build prop guide by coolloser, or you could ask someone with an xt925 to upload their build.prop.

Reactions: coolloser

XBlackChaosX

Oct 30, 2011
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
Tekno has an Atrix hd I think. Since the unified is detecting an xt926, it's writing build.prop settings for Verizon cdma. You have to manually edit a few lines, assuming you've already done the radio nv string hack. There's a build prop guide by coolloser, or you could ask someone with an xt925 to upload their build.prop.

Oh I see, yeah I've done the radio hack. I've been on SlimKat for a while now (XT925 Version) just fine. Will look up that guide. Thanks a million progrockguy, appreciate it.

larryatapproved

May 4, 2009
GPS

Great ROM, been using Vanir on Nexus 7 for a long time. The only bug I see with the Razr HD with Vanir, is no GPS. Is anyone using this ROM and having GPS work?

XBlackChaosX

Oct 30, 2011
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
Anybody know what do I need to add to the build prop to get my T-Mobile service to work with this rom since this and all unified ROMs keep detecting that my phone is a XT926 and so it's not letting me use my gsm network.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Look what I found while Googling for moto-msm8960! This ROM is very customizable and reminds me of Carbon. Enjoy!

TeamVanir presents
    VANIR
    Yeah, it's got a HEMI.

Vanir was founded on the premise of performance tuning Android. We are based on AOSP, but include features (many of which have been rewritten to be more efficient) from other ROMs.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    omniswitch
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    improved notification handling (active display & halo are in review also)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta

Sources

VanirAOSP
    Kernel

Credits
    Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

Gapps - Vanir recommends the latest goo.im gapps or DHOs gapps

Instructions

First time, be gentle:
    1. Make sure that you have the latest CWM/Philz/TWRP
    2. If coming from any other ROM, do a factory reset and wipe /system
    3. Proceed with "been around the block instructions"

Been around the block:
    1, wipe dalvik and cache
    2. Flash ROM
    3. Flash Gapps
    4. Reboot

For fast support, visit us on Google+ at: https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/111378032131473754160

Donations
    If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
    NuclearMistake
    Sonicxml
    DHO
    PrimeDirective
    Styr

Disclaimer: If you brick your phone, or drop it because it's so buttery, IT'S YOUR FAULT.

Download

Download Commotio (personalized builds by DHO)
    Dude how?????????????