how to restore warranty to this handset please

Search This thread

sinful-slave

Nov 19, 2012
i have already flashed my handset with the russian 4.4.2 mine n900 after i flashed it using odine i rooted it
now if i want to restore warranty how could i do that
knowing that i checked the ieme it's tlike the one in the warranty document and also have taken a copy of it using samsung tool
and i heard some thing about resetting counter but don't know what it does
if someone can tell me what do
thanks in advance

Last edited:

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
i have already flashed my handset with the russian 4.4.2 mine n900 after i flashed it using odine i rooted it
now if i want to restore warranty how could i do that
knowing that i checked the ieme it's tlike the one in the warranty document and also have taken a copy of it using samsung tool
and i heard some thing about resetting counter but don't know what it does
if someone can tell me what do
thanks in advance

If you root without tripping knox then it's still good. Enter download mode to check knox. Knox 0x0 means ok

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
when i went into download mode it gave me 2 option volume up for downloading
and down but there was no other info
i pressed volume up it gave that info
what does that mean

If you want to get updates you need to wipe your device after flashing stock rom.... Make sure everything is backed up, go to download mode, press up volume to get to download mode and flash the rom with ODIN....
Lookup how to flash with ODIN...

sinful-slave

Nov 19, 2012
If you want to get updates you need to wipe your device after flashing stock rom.... Make sure everything is backed up, go to download mode, press up volume to get to download mode and flash the rom with ODIN....
Lookup how to flash with ODIN...

am not worrying about update am talking about warranty
the data i mentioned is ok
as for stock rom of my country is available on sammobile and i can easily flash it back if that will help i will do it
all that only needed?

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Most likely the warranty is gone, Knox warranty void 0x1 means you have installed unapproved software on your device. Samsung will use this to deny warranty claims...
There is no way, currently , of resetting this. The bounty, last time I checked, was over $3000 US...

sinful-slave

Nov 19, 2012
Most likely the warranty is gone, Knox warranty void 0x1 means you have installed unapproved software on your device. Samsung will use this to deny warranty claims...
There is no way, currently , of resetting this. The bounty, last time I checked, was over $3000 US...
i can't understand
you mean there is no way to reset binary for now ???!!!even if i reset cleared cash flashed original stock rom again !
if true i have a question flashing the official 4.4.2 firmware is the cause of the knox or the root ??
when i tried to use triangle it said 2 times
and what u mean with bounty 3000 ?

Rosli59564

Mar 10, 2013
i can't understand
you mean there is no way to reset binary for now ???!!!even if i reset cleared cash flashed original stock rom again !
if true i have a question flashing the official 4.4.2 firmware is the cause of the knox or the root ??
when i tried to use triangle it said 2 times
and what u mean with bounty 3000 ?

Knox 0x1 was triggered when you root it. Currently there is no way to reset to 0x0 so here in xda whoever manage to reset it will be rewarded 3000usd

sinful-slave

Nov 19, 2012
Knox 0x1 was triggered when you root it. Currently there is no way to reset to 0x0 so here in xda whoever manage to reset it will be rewarded 3000usd

samsung knows that most ppl do root and flash roms it want to use it as a way to escape responsibility
like the octa core s4 and note 3 and in fact only 4 works
cheaters ! it seems like it done with samsung.

Mirage20uk

Aug 13, 2009
Cairo
I'm from Egypt and I called the service center to confirm. (Does the warranty voided if I rooted my note 3. The answer was yes)

Sorry for the bad news, also I wang to know, you mentioned that the stock rom for Egypt is available in sammobile and u can fladh it. But its not true as the available version for Egypt is yhe Jelly Be 4.3 and yoy can't downgrade from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3.

Sent from my SM-N900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

sinful-slave

Nov 19, 2012
I'm from Egypt and I called the service center to confirm. (Does the warranty voided if I rooted my note 3. The answer was yes)

Sorry for the bad news, also I wang to know, you mentioned that the stock rom for Egypt is available in sammobile and u can fladh it. But its not true as the available version for Egypt is yhe Jelly Be 4.3 and yoy can't downgrade from Kitkat 4.4.2 to Jelly Bean 4.3.

u mean i can't for now flash the 4.3 via odin,and i have to wait till 4.4.2 ?
oki what would happen if i flashed the 4.3 over the 4.4.2 and what is your warranty agent ? mine's union group and i think they don't care about that am just bothered coz i wanted to trade with a 4g version and even if u had serious problem in your mobile here in egypt they might not fix it they will easily say bad use etc like they did in s3 death of motherboard and anyway it depends on the agent

Last edited:

Mirage20uk

Aug 13, 2009
Cairo
My warranty agent is MTI.
For the other inquiry, yes you can't flash the 4.3 via odin as once you upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.2 you can't go back words as the boatloader has been upgraded as well.
The warranty is useful as you might have a hardware failure and if u did some noise they will fix it for you.