Stereo Speakers Comparison: Sony Xperia Z2 vs HTC One 2014

Search This thread

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
Sounds pretty good on the Sony to me. Crisper and not as distorted at high level as on the HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SuperMarioGalaxy

Apr 7, 2013
Sounds pretty good on the Sony to me. Crisper and not as distorted at high level as on the HTC.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Sony sounded good for me too. Personally I think the Z1 was already very listenable at high volume in a store, no excessive tests done. The HTC was total crap, at least in that video. Wouldn't listen to that.

JMonkeYJ

Jul 22, 2008
The Sony sounded good for me too. Personally I think the Z1 was already very listenable at high volume in a store, no excessive tests done. The HTC was total crap, at least in that video. Wouldn't listen to that.

I have the HTC One currently, and tentatively planning on the Z2 for my next phone. Just for the record, the HTC One has excellent sound, the best I've ever heard on a phone. So the fact that it sounds crappy in that video is more a reflection of how bad the recording/environment there is than anything else. Speaker quality is very important to me, so I'm eager to see some reviews of the Z2 in better surroundings. Even if it's not quite as good as the HTC One that would be OK for me. I think it will be hard to top the One.

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
it is clearly in par with the one .. if not sounding better but htc one is also kinda last years device ... so the real test will be against HTC ONE 2 or whatever it is going to be called .

Reactions: SwiftSmoke

SwiftSmoke

Apr 30, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 II
it is clearly in par with the one .. if not sounding better but htc one is also kinda last years device ... so the real test will be against HTC ONE 2 or whatever it is going to be called .

true most websites throwing up comparisons at the moment are only Z2 and S5 as the newest handsets anything else in the comparisons is last years model from manufactures.

thsecmaniac

Jun 21, 2012
Xperia Z2 is better than HTC One for me. Its sound have more dimension than HTC One although the sound is not clearer than HTC one

amirprog

Sep 19, 2013
Z2 wins my heart also in speakers out of all phones on the market including m8. it stands strong against m8 - it's even better in some types of music. it's truly amazing what sony did here - the best speakers on the market there with m8 yet it's completely water and dust proof! unheard of! overall, Z2 smashes m8.

chesterr

Nov 27, 2010
Galle
Z2 wins my heart also in speakers out of all phones on the market including m8. it stands strong against m8 - it's even better in some types of music. it's truly amazing what sony did here - the best speakers on the market there with m8 yet it's completely water and dust proof! unheard of! overall, Z2 smashes m8.

Who says M8 isn't water resistant
LOL but don't do it with your phone :p

amirprog

Sep 19, 2013
@chesterr
yeah. the fact that non waterproof electric device survives water is basically luck. my iphone also survived the toilet. it's like playing with fire. smartphones are too expensive to not care about it.

Shan89

Oct 23, 2012
@chesterr
yeah. the fact that non waterproof electric device survives water is basically luck. my iphone also survived the toilet. it's like playing with fire. smartphones are too expensive to not care about it.

M8 is actually water resistant in a way it has IPX3 or something like that so basically it can survive water splashes/ rain and in that video 97minutes under the water ? but yes not as much as z2.

Here https://twitter.com/urbanstrata/status/448883968235286528

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I have the HTC One currently, and tentatively planning on the Z2 for my next phone. Just for the record, the HTC One has excellent sound, the best I've ever heard on a phone. So the fact that it sounds crappy in that video is more a reflection of how bad the recording/environment there is than anything else. Speaker quality is very important to me, so I'm eager to see some reviews of the Z2 in better surroundings. Even if it's not quite as good as the HTC One that would be OK for me. I think it will be hard to top the One.
    They both sounded horrible listening to it from my Xperia Z ultra

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

Urm.. DUh? LOL
    Frankly I found the M8's sound clearer in most types of music but the Z2 was not too bad either. Pretty good for a waterproof phone, definitely.

To be very honest I had to think long and hard between these two phones when the M8 was released, but I'm inclined towards Z2 for the following reasons:

- Don't have to put up with Sense and extremely annoying Blinkfeed (wouldn't have been so bad if the latter could have been disabled). On the same note Z2 has a very lean Android skin.
    - Arguably better camera on the Z2 along with the dedicated camera button
    - Finally a phone that I can use in the rains without worry (it rains pretty heavily here during the monsoons)
    - Extra gig of RAM
    - (Much) bigger battery
    - Built-in noise cancellation which is a novel feature that I'd definitely like to try on flights (I fly a LOT) - My Sennheisers recently stopped working :crying:

I'm thinking about getting the Z2, having owned a HTC One.

1. You can disable blinkfeed (since sense 5.5). I'll also add that Sense is a light skin. The fact that HTC get the One (Dev edition) updated to Kit Kat in 30 days after the Nexus 5 was released is pretty damn good. Majority of carriers released Kit Kat on the One in January so yeah they have a lean skin and a good record of keeping up with updates

2. I really really hope Sony do a better job of optimising the battery in the Z2. The Z1 has a 3000mah battery and yet, is really low in battery charts and a lot of people complained that it didn't do justice