[REVIEW] Anker 1900 mAh extended battery

Search This thread

Sgt.Incontro

Jan 24, 2012
Bristol
Looks like cheap crap if you ask me... 2400maH in such a small sized battery? Sounds like a grossly exaggerated claim...

Also, the number of 1,2 and 3 star reviews is almost half the number of 5 star reviews.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z715e using xda premium

WnG88

Jul 29, 2006
Toronto
Reactions: Sgt.Incontro

harthegreat

Jan 3, 2012
Bought it too

About a week ago I bought this battery too and found that it improves after a few charging circles..!! But I'm still wondering what are the official mAh because I know they aren't 1900mAh..????!!:)

cob92

Apr 11, 2012
Nexus 7 (2013)
Sony Xperia 1 II
About a week ago I bought this battery too and found that it improves after a few charging circles..!! But I'm still wondering what are the official mAh because I know they aren't 1900mAh..????!!:)

That a new battery lasts longer after a few charging cicles is very normal, it takes about 3-5 charging cicles until this. And as I know the Anker battery has really 1900mAh (or you got a bad one)

Last edited:

DjLukeW

Jul 14, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
My first day with the Anker 1900 battery, and the improvement is unreal.

Got mine on ebay for £7.99, ordered Friday, arrived Saturday

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ANKER-190...190?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4cff6d3b56

Used my phone as normal and getting good performance -

2012-04-22_20-45-26.png

Reactions: sale52

DjLukeW

Jul 14, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent

micoll

Oct 21, 2009
London
I bought my Anker battery back in September and it has now packed up! basically it reboots all the time like others have described so i have just now put the stock battery back in.

Looks like ive missed out on the 6 month warranty and i'm not sure if i will get another Anker battery. I might try one of the others as it looks like the lifespan isnt all that great with Ankers!

x_SCOS_x_ELITE

Dec 30, 2011
Orlando
getting mine today from amazon so I will report back later with results. My battery is taken up 65% from screen alone on stock and can barely last 8 hours with light to moderate use.

tomer1981

Dec 14, 2011
hey everyone. glad to join these forums. last week i bought the "2 X anker 1900" for my sensation, and after a week's use i can gladly say that they're AWESOME !!!
used with both ARHD and OrDroid - the difference is definitely there... i recommend to everyone.

/devnull

Mar 6, 2011
I've now had the Anker battery for 8 months and have not been disappointed in the least. From day one I have not had any of some of the issues that others seem to be having (and that was on a stock ROM, S-ON, non-root). I still get great performance out of this battery. My voltage minimum is still at 3606mAh and maximum still at 4224mAh according to Battery Monitor Widget. So, I still easily get 16 hours with light use, and over 1 day with very light use. As it just so happens two months ago I had to be on the phone a lot/ for business and this battery saved my butt: 8 hours of phone calls per day and the battery was at somewhere between 10% and 20% (sorry, I just don't remember and didn't record it).

I picked my two (one for and the wife) from Amazon via Laptop Mate for close to $30 as I recall. Neither of us as ever touched our stock batteries since. Current Laptop Mate Amazon search link or, if you prefer, Laptop Mate's Amazon store front.

DjLukeW

Jul 14, 2010
Stoke-On-Trent
Standard use again today, Facebook, Sports Tracker, Music and Texting. Data on nearly all day. Currently at 57% after 10hours 45.

And from Laptopmate you have a 12month warranty, by which point Ill be upgraded to the next top line HTC :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some comparisons....

Anker...
    SensationAnker.jpg

Chichitech...
    Chichitech5.jpg

Stock...
    SensationStock.jpg

Conclusion...
    The Anker and Chichitech are the SAME CELL just with a different label. They look exactly the same and both hold a capacity of 1700mah. They do have more capacity than the stock battery but not much by much. My opinion is that if you want a cheap way to get a little more life, get the Anker. If you dont mind spending a couple extra bucks (literally) you should get an Evo 3D battery which is basically the same as the Anker (capacity wise) only it is HTC branded and the temperature reports correctly. Me personally will be using the Evo 3D battery in my Sensation.
    Just ordered one of these - figured, "What the hell, it's only $10 !"

70HCSSTN-W19A_BO_PF_WT_400X300.jpg

From here on Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Anker-Extended-...Accessories&hash=item4cf7fedd90#ht_3355wt_981

Will report back with the results...
    I used my scale at work (Police Department- need to weigh drugs exactly :)) and this is what I found.

Stock HTC 1520mAh= 31.54 grams

Anker 1900 mAh = 34.43 grams

Difference of 2.89 grams
    For anyone who wants to see a quantitative test of the Anker battery versus the OEM battery, I wrote a quick review here.
    Objective Battery-life Comparison with Amazing Results

--- removed ---
    Vendor has lied about capacity and ISO-certification, and the thermostat does not work. Also other quality issues.