[Q] Disabling Headset Button Control

Search This thread

dman2073

Apr 12, 2014
Okay, I've searched everywhere for a free solution to this problem and have found none. After listening to music, I pause it and put my phone in my pocket, headphones wrapped around it. Everything's fine and dandy, but while in my pocket, the button on the urBeats turns on the music. This is not the worst part. If the button is double clicked, it calls the most recent number. I called my grandma 5 times yesterday. She was quite concerned. How do i change what the button does/disable it altogether? Thanks for answering.

morrowa2

Dec 17, 2007
Mission Viejo
nobody else has this issue?

I've had this issue too, running several different ROM's. I listen to iHeart radio while I run in the morning. and keep the phone in my sweatshirt pocket with screen turned off. As I run, and the phone bounces up and down, my phone spazzes out! It changes channel spontaneously, goes to google now search, prompting me to say something, and also as above, calls the last number called. When I run at 4:30 in the morning, this can be a problem. I thought it was just my headphones, but this may be a more wide-spread problem. This has happened to me while running AOSP (liquid smooth) and Sense (Nusense 6) I don't think it has anything to do with buttons, but I notice that if I twist the headphone jack around in the socket, it reproduces the problem. Anybody else?

dman2073

Apr 12, 2014
I've had this issue too, running several different ROM's. I listen to iHeart radio while I run in the morning. and keep the phone in my sweatshirt pocket with screen turned off. As I run, and the phone bounces up and down, my phone spazzes out! It changes channel spontaneously, goes to google now search, prompting me to say something, and also as above, calls the last number called. When I run at 4:30 in the morning, this can be a problem. I thought it was just my headphones, but this may be a more wide-spread problem. This has happened to me while running AOSP (liquid smooth) and Sense (Nusense 6) I don't think it has anything to do with buttons, but I notice that if I twist the headphone jack around in the socket, it reproduces the problem. Anybody else?

I'm on ViperROM for future reference and the issue for me is definitely the button. One click turns on music, two clicks dials the last number. Holding it down opens google search. All of this is easily replicable. It happens in my pocket all the time and I want it to stop :mad:

morrowa2

Dec 17, 2007
Mission Viejo
Funny, switching headphones solved the problem for me. I was using jaw breaker ear buds, before, and tossed them (they had been through the washer a couple times anyway) Using the ear buds that came with my old Samsung GSIII, and they work fine with no skips, random calls, or google now prompts. Go figure. Read somewhere that it has to do with how securely the headset plug is held in the jack. Anyone else?

dman2073

Apr 12, 2014
I hate how it does that too. You can't even skip tracks with the headset. Someone needs to make an xposed thing for this.
ok i found a xposed thing that does that, but it only works when music is playing so if the music app is closed, it will still call people with a double click (which i want disabled entirely). so this problem is only kinda solved with that. i wish there was something like it that was configurable.
thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2423160