[STOCK][ICS][RUU] RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2.exe

Search This thread

Whosdaman

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Thanks to BriefMobile.com!

This is the first executable RUU ICS leak for the EVO 3D and possibly the final release. It probably contains a new HBOOT, so make sure you have S-OFF before flashing. This will wipe your data!!

RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2.exe

Mod Edit:
This appears to be an updated VM or hybrid Sprint/VM build with new h-boot. This is not necessarily meant for the Sprint version. IF you want to flash this you do so at your own risk, but please read through the thread first!

Last edited by a moderator:

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
It's good to always be on the safe side and wait, but we are fairly certain this RUU.exe will not brick your device in any way. Flashing the PG86IMG is much more riskier than using the RUU.exe tool

jfizz88

Mar 4, 2009
BOSTON
I think you need to check again. As well this is Sprint and VM built together. From what I understand, when Virgin Mobile releases the EVO 3D it will be launching with ICS.

Ohhhhhhhhh I didn't see the. 2 at the end of the firmware number I thought it was a 1. How much do you think could be different? I think it's still the virgin release tho well just have to get it Sprintified again plus not have the vm firmware debacle that some had

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

e
It is indicated in the name of the file that it is Sprint's build.

The last virgin release had sprint in the name also is what I mean. The file was named exactly the same. Only that. 2 at the end is different

Last edited:

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Ohhhhhhhhh I didn't see the. 2 at the end of the firmware number I thought it was a 1. How h do you think could be different? I think it's still the virgin release tho well just have to get it Sprintified again plus not have the vm firmware debacle that some had

Well for one, it is an actual executable file. 2, probably bug fixes. And about the VM firmware, I have no idea. It has Sprint in the name of the file, so I can only assume this is a Sprint RUU as well.

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Ohhhhhhhhh I didn't see the. 2 at the end of the firmware number I thought it was a 1. How h do you think could be different? I think it's still the virgin release tho well just have to get it Sprintified again plus not have the vm firmware debacle that some had

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 AM ----------

e

The last virgin release had sprint in the name also is what I mean. The file was named exactly the same. Only that. 2 at the end is different

Ah okay, well just be careful. I see you guys have a fix for the VM firmware though, so shouldn't be too hard to fix

d0cx

Aug 5, 2010
Carolina
solomisael.com
i would think that the Sprint's EVO 3D ICS release would be 3.xx.xx.xx

we can only wait and see if this RUU brings fixes/benefits to current ICS ROMs based on the old leak.

majid25

May 5, 2009
This is Virgin Mobile, just an updated version. Not officially for our phones in place of "VM" it will say "SPCS" for us.

powduh09

Feb 17, 2011
Dallas, NC
This is Virgin Mobile, just an updated version. Not officially for our phones in place of "VM" it will say "SPCS" for us.

True. However, once a few devs rip this beast apart, there should be some ics roms getting updated... I never had a problem with the cm firmware, however I played tester for a fix unknownforce has been working on... I would try this, but I went through way too much to get my sprint banner and firmware back. Besides, I'll be flashing this phone to cricket soon.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Whosdaman

May 9, 2008
Gainesville, Florida
1 thing a never ever understood, even from the HTC Vogue days. Why is it that when you flash anything to a Sprint phone other that isn't a Sprint ROM it'll **** up everything, but when you try flashing a Sprint ROM on top of that it doesn't un**** it? SMH

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to BriefMobile.com!

This is the first executable RUU ICS leak for the EVO 3D and possibly the final release. It probably contains a new HBOOT, so make sure you have S-OFF before flashing. This will wipe your data!!

RUU_Shooter_ICS_35_S_Sprint_WWE_VM_1.13.652.2.exe

Mod Edit:
    This appears to be an updated VM or hybrid Sprint/VM build with new h-boot. This is not necessarily meant for the Sprint version. IF you want to flash this you do so at your own risk, but please read through the thread first!

Will be making two PG86IMGs:

one for people who have already taken the first vm update and are not affected by the first leak
    and one for people who want updated radio/asdp without the side effects of the first leak

Ahh okay, well I hope this helps y'all out in fixing up your current ICS builds. I'll see if I can get a Sprint SPCS RUU.exe :)
    According to closeone, who developed the toolkit for the Hboot 1.4 downgrade, that shouldn't work since the "mainversion" in this RUU is lower than the current Sprint RUU, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway because you could end up with Virgin Mobile firmware that is hard to remove. No one is even sure if the official Sprint RUU will replace all the traces of the VM firmware.

If you do decide to try it, let us know how it works out.

ramjet73

I'm with ramjet73 here. I wouldn't even attempt to flash it. My guess, is that the official release OTA update will be out within the next month. The wait is not worth messing up your phone. Patience. ;)

~co~
    The true Sprint version will definitely be at least a 3.x.x.x, It's consistent with HTC's release patterns.

This Looks to be a Sprint/VM hybrid. My guess is that they have added a few sprint apps, maybe the HTC Sense social media stuff back in... and maybe even the sprint zone stuff. But we'll see, I'm gonna take a look at this though for the firmware to see if it might fix some VM issues people been having.