[CM10.1] [Jellybro] D2ATT Nightly Kangs

Search This thread

theyurtingyeti

Aug 3, 2011
Mounted partitions grow more levels

Has anyone done several factory resets and seen their partition grow by several /0 folders?

I've done a couple flashes and factory resets in playing with 4.2.2 back to 4.2.1... what I initially noticed was that after installing 4.2.2 my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0 ... I thought that JB changed it to storage/emulated/0, but I wansn't 100% sure.

I just factory rest to move back to 4.2.1 and once done I noticed that TiBu didn't find the right folder and it was found in storage/emulated/0/0/0

1) have others seen something like this?
2) What do I have to do to fix it? ... I hope it doesn't involve a full wipe, including the SDCard

Thanks!

djn541

Oct 2, 2009
Aurora, Co
fitsnugly.euroskank.com
Re: [CM10.1][Jellybro] D2ATT Nightly Kangs

Has anyone done several factory resets and seen their partition grow by several /0 folders?

I've done a couple flashes and factory resets in playing with 4.2.2 back to 4.2.1... what I initially noticed was that after installing 4.2.2 my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0 ... I thought that JB changed it to storage/emulated/0, but I wansn't 100% sure.

I just factory rest to move back to 4.2.1 and once done I noticed that TiBu didn't find the right folder and it was found in storage/emulated/0/0/0

1) have others seen something like this?
2) What do I have to do to fix it? ... I hope it doesn't involve a full wipe, including the SDCard

Thanks!

Back up everything with tibu to external SD. Do a full wipe of internal storage. Flash everything again. Restore with tibu from external. Problem solved. Just don't wipe external SD.

Sent from wherever the hell I am!

Reactions: theyurtingyeti

boakun

Mar 26, 2010
Vancouver

What's up with the reboot menu. Doesn't have option for recovery or boot loader mode anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

theyurtingyeti

Aug 3, 2011
Back up everything with tibu to external SD. Do a full wipe of internal storage. Flash everything again. Restore with tibu from external. Problem solved. Just don't wipe external SD.

Once I format emmc, how do I flash the ROM and Gapps again? If I remember correctly, it's not good to flash the ROMs from the SDCard...

Or can I get away with formatting it via my computer, copy ROMs back to internal and boot to recovery?

Thanks for the clarification!

djn541

Oct 2, 2009
Aurora, Co
fitsnugly.euroskank.com

Once I format emmc, how do I flash the ROM and Gapps again? If I remember correctly, it's not good to flash the ROMs from the SDCard...

Or can I get away with formatting it via my computer, copy ROMs back to internal and boot to recovery?

Thanks for the clarification!

I always flash from external SD. always have but I have d2tmo. Not sure I'd there's a difference. Never had a problem. I use twrp too...

theyurtingyeti

Aug 3, 2011
Mobile data issue back?

I just did a clean install of the 0214 build (the 4.2.2 builds were buggy for me) and I'm noticing that the mobile data issues are back. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Basically I turn off WiFi and I have no data connection, but I can still use the phone for calling, etc. If I reboot it will sometimes come back with a data connection, but it doesn't always stay.

I thought I had read about a fix at one time, but I can't seem to find anything on it.

Thanks!

theyurtingyeti

Aug 3, 2011
Alright... I'm feeling like the "needy" guy in the thread right now, but the last round of clean installs has been irritating at best.

So I think I noticed that my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0/0 so I backed up and wiped the internal SDCard and reflashed everything. During the setup I messed up how TiBu was restoring and my UIDs were now inconsistent and like half my backups weren't working right (my fault).

I then reformatted /data and rebooted (I did not reflash anything)... well, it started me at the beginning again, but I noticed that SDCard was now storage/emulated/0/0 (instead of storage/emulated/0 when I reformatted the internal SDCard).

Am I going to have to format the internal card every time I want/need to factory reset, or am I missing something here??

I understand these are experimental builds, so if that's what I have to do, I can... I just don't want to be doing a lot of extra stuff if there's an easy fix (or I'm doing something wrong).

Thanks for the additional help!

(FWIW I'm currently on the 0214 build)

DarthDerron

Sep 28, 2012
GTA, Ontario
Alright... I'm feeling like the "needy" guy in the thread right now, but the last round of clean installs has been irritating at best.

So I think I noticed that my SDCard was storage/emulated/0/0/0 so I backed up and wiped the internal SDCard and reflashed everything. During the setup I messed up how TiBu was restoring and my UIDs were now inconsistent and like half my backups weren't working right (my fault).

I then reformatted /data and rebooted (I did not reflash anything)... well, it started me at the beginning again, but I noticed that SDCard was now storage/emulated/0/0 (instead of storage/emulated/0 when I reformatted the internal SDCard).

Am I going to have to format the internal card every time I want/need to factory reset, or am I missing something here??

I understand these are experimental builds, so if that's what I have to do, I can... I just don't want to be doing a lot of extra stuff if there's an easy fix (or I'm doing something wrong).

Update your recovery to the latest. Should fix all the 0 emulated folders.

djn541

Oct 2, 2009
Aurora, Co
fitsnugly.euroskank.com

You should only have to format everything once. Unless you're going back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2

theyurtingyeti

Aug 3, 2011

You should only have to format everything once. Unless you're going back and forth between 4.1 and 4.2

Very true! In hindsight I think I screwed something up going from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and back... Prior to that it had been months since my last reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

gundamboy

Feb 20, 2009
Vancouver
Curious question, what Kernel is everybody pairing up with this ROM? I've been using Task's but it caused bootloops.
Recently I switched to Leankernel, but its a lagfest at times.. I feel like having no additional kernel seems to be the sweet spot for now, but I was just curious about everyone else's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance!

Heisenberg420

Apr 28, 2011
Philadelphia
Google Pixel 6
OnePlus 11

Curious question, what Kernel is everybody pairing up with this ROM? I've been using Task's but it caused bootloops.
Recently I switched to Leankernel, but its a lagfest at times.. I feel like having no additional kernel seems to be the sweet spot for now, but I was just curious about everyone else's thoughts on this.

Thanks in advance!

BMS is good

rani9990

Apr 21, 2012
Your mom

Thanks in advance!

How about KT's? That's the best kernel IMHO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gundamboy

gundamboy

Feb 20, 2009
Vancouver

Agreed, I'm using KT's kernel build now and it's great!! Far and stable, the undervolting options is definitely a plus for me :) 10/10 this combo is a match made in heaven.

Djn take your time bro! We're lucky to even have you kanging for us ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

matrixzone

Mar 19, 2012

Thanks in advance!

Stock one rocks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts