[MOD][Xposed] Xperia Flip Settings

Search This thread

MohammadAG

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
Requires Xposed Framework!

Although Sony's quick settings implementation is customizable and is very useful. It clutters up the status bar in an ugly way.
This module replaces those settings with the AOSP one, complete with two finger swipe gestures and such.

You can use GravityBox or similar modules to add more quick settings tiles.

Screenshot:
AkM1geIl.png
QCwenwEl.png

Compatibility:
Tested on the Xperia Z1. May or may not work on other Xperia devices with 4.2 or above.

Source:
The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Xperia-Flip-Settings
You may not publish it on the Play Store.

Download from Xposed Repository:
http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/com.mohammadag.xperiaflipsettings_v2_854290.apk

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
This looks amazing, I'll try it out soon.

It might be a good idea to put all your modules into one as a sort of all in one toolkit for the Z1

I don't like toolkits much, usually they have to hook a lot of methods and the user might only need one of the hooks, and that would use more RAM than is probably needed by individual modules.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Taptalk 4

xXYoshiXx

Oct 29, 2012
Finally, great module. May I request a little feature? I would like to choose if the long click or simple click opens the settings page, that way I could clock the settings button for settings and activate the quick settings with gravity box's right/left edge feature.

alvizu

Jun 28, 2012
México
Could do it for galaxy note 3? Which files need?

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org

I already did it for the S4 but it caused issues with expandable notifications no longer expanding, and it doesn't use AOSP flip settings because Samsung deviated a lot from the original code.

Whether I end up releasing it is a matter of time, in any case, there's a video of it on my YouTube channel, and I linked to it in one of the posts on XDA.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 (C6903) using Taptalk 4

sonypro

Jan 26, 2013
Does not work on Xperia s stock Rom I can't install the apk

Last edited:

ihsan123

Jan 25, 2012
Amazing,im waiting for this modules for quite sometimes,work on Xperia ZL with latest stock firmware, compatible with gravitybox as well, good job

Okluzhion

Aug 7, 2011
Google Pixel 4a
Dude, I love you! Haha :D This is probably one of the most useful mods for Z out there. I will simply have to buy you (and xposed author) a pack of beers, when I get money :D

Sent from my Xperia Z

Reactions: MohammadAG

o0oP5

Sep 24, 2012
BRILLIANT!!!
Sadly NFC toggle is missing.. could you please look at it? thanks! :)

edit:
just realize that the tile isn't toggle on / off,, but opening setting screen instead..
IMHO,, better if the tile is toggling function on / off.. :)

Last edited:

MohammadAG

Sep 7, 2009
Jerusalem
mohammadag.xceleo.org
BRILLIANT!!!

edit:
just realize that the tile isn't toggle on / off,, but opening setting screen instead..

Yes, that's stock Android behavior, you can use GravityBox to make it click to toggle, long press to open settings.

hy i use 4.1 stock rom acro s, and i cant install it?

Flip settings were introduced in 4.2, sorry.

chewdaniel

Feb 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
BRILLIANT!!!

edit:

hmm... yea. NFC would be nice...

*scratches head* I don't have data toggle at all, however Network mode is present.

Sent from my Xperia Z

it's called Data Usage, since it opens up that particular page... altho calling it Mobile Data would have been better...

but then again, both are part of GravityBox... :rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

Although Sony's quick settings implementation is customizable and is very useful. It clutters up the status bar in an ugly way.
    This module replaces those settings with the AOSP one, complete with two finger swipe gestures and such.

You can use GravityBox or similar modules to add more quick settings tiles.

Screenshot:
    AkM1geIl.png
    QCwenwEl.png

Compatibility:
    Tested on the Xperia Z1. May or may not work on other Xperia devices with 4.2 or above.

Source:
    The mod is open source: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-Xperia-Flip-Settings
    You may not publish it on the Play Store.

Download from Xposed Repository:
    http://dl-count.xposed.info/modules/com.mohammadag.xperiaflipsettings_v2_854290.apk

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    I looked into it today, stock flip settings haven't been removed so it's possible for this to work. I'll look into it when I have free time.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    This looks amazing, I'll try it out soon.

It might be a good idea to put all your modules into one as a sort of all in one toolkit for the Z1

I don't like toolkits much, usually they have to hook a lot of methods and the user might only need one of the hooks, and that would use more RAM than is probably needed by individual modules.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z1 using Taptalk 4

I already did it for the S4 but it caused issues with expandable notifications no longer expanding, and it doesn't use AOSP flip settings because Samsung deviated a lot from the original code.

Whether I end up releasing it is a matter of time, in any case, there's a video of it on my YouTube channel, and I linked to it in one of the posts on XDA.

The KK quick settings suck... Please make the MOD compatible so that we can fix what google and sony ruined... :)