Camera lens solution..

Search This thread

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
Hey everyone. What's the general consensus on how to fix the camera lens? From what I'm seeing, it is to remove a so called film on the lens.

Anyone have any experience with this? My camera is next to worthless and that is obviously very disappointing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Hey everyone. What's the general consensus on how to fix the camera lens? From what I'm seeing, it is to remove a so called film on the lens.

Anyone have any experience with this? My camera is next to worthless and that is obviously very disappointing.

Moist paper towel and some rubbing is all it took on the ones I've done

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013

Already a thread on this:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2775792

I used a Mr clean magic eraser, worked great. Look at the third to last post.

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
I ended up not using a Mr clean because of the way Mr clean works. It can really cause scratches to the lens because of its rigidity once wet.

I ended up using a q tip and rubbing alcohol. It worked like a charm. Perfect lens now!

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
I ended up not using a Mr clean because of the way Mr clean works. It can really cause scratches to the lens because of its rigidity once wet.

I ended up using a q tip and rubbing alcohol. It worked like a charm. Perfect lens now!

Maybe I'll do that to get rid of the tiny bit left on the camera fringe. I'm just afraid of using a solvent because I'm afraid of it getting on the inside of the camera and loosening an important adhesive

schwartz.matthew.e

Sep 17, 2013
Maybe I'll do that to get rid of the tiny bit left on the camera fringe. I'm just afraid of using a solvent because I'm afraid of it getting on the inside of the camera and loosening an important adhesive

It works like a charm bro! I was going to take my phone in to get swapped out today actually. I tried this as a last attempt and it worked perfectly. The body is sealed so you don't need to worry about anything getting inside of the phone.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
It works like a charm bro! I was going to take my phone in to get swapped out today actually. I tried this as a last attempt and it worked perfectly. The body is sealed so you don't need to worry about anything getting inside of the phone.

The camera against the metal body isn't completely sealed. But should be sealed enough.