Sim Card Lock

Search This thread

Andypandiiee

Nov 7, 2013
Hey, I rooted a T-Mobile S4, and used RegionLockAway to get rid of being lcoked with T-Mobile. Any simcards i place into the device, it asks for a simcard pin. When I place the sim card in my Nexus 5, there is no pin and works flawlessly. What can I do? I tried deleting the data of the device and its still there. Thank you :)

Hey, I rooted a T-Mobile S4, and used RegionLockAway to get rid of being lcoked with T-Mobile. Any simcards i place into the device, it asks for a simcard pin. When I place the sim card in my Nexus 5, there is no pin and works flawlessly. What can I do? I tried deleting the data of the device and its still there. Thank you :)

Hi ,

try to do a factory reset or check your settings under settings / more / security/ set up Sim card lock

Reactions: Andypandiiee

Andypandiiee

Nov 7, 2013
All data , music , pictures, settings. apps in your internal SD , back up first so you can restore after it

did you check your settings?

Yeah I went into settings, the only option is Lock SIM card, if I press it, it asks for the previous sim card pin, which I have never put on... Would reflashing the ROM work instead of having to factory reset?

Yeah I went into settings, the only option is Lock SIM card, if I press it, it asks for the previous sim card pin, which I have never put on... Would reflashing the ROM work instead of having to factory reset?

Yes , but i would be the same , if i understood right you are stock , so you have to flash with odin , so you will full wipe the phone to do it.....

Why you do not use an app like titanium back up , back up all your app and data , contacts...do a full wipe and restore everything but system settings...

or back up you contacts , use pc to back up all movies , music ,pictures , documents you got factory reset copy everything back configure google play so all your app are restore....i like this better

or do as above but instead of factory reset flash with odin

Andypandiiee

Nov 7, 2013
Yes , but i would be the same , if i understood right you are stock , so you have to flash with odin , so you will full wipe the phone to do it.....

Why you do not use an app like titanium back up , back up all your app and data , contacts...do a full wipe and restore everything but system settings...

or back up you contacts , use pc to back up all movies , music ,pictures , documents you got factory reset copy everything back configure google play so all your app are restore....i like this better

or do as above but instead of factory reset flash with odin

Okay, I just factory reset the device, wiped data, system, cache, dalvaik cache, flashed ROM, the pin is still there.. what the heck?... It is definitely not there on my Nexus 5... The phone was locked to T-Mobile, but now I live in Australia.. can you not use Australian sim cards for a T-Mobile device or something? cheers.

Okay, I just factory reset the device, wiped data, system, cache, dalvaik cache, flashed ROM, the pin is still there.. what the heck?... It is definitely not there on my Nexus 5... The phone was locked to T-Mobile, but now I live in Australia.. can you not use Australian sim cards for a T-Mobile device or something? cheers.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Mate can you post an image of the pin code request??

Andypandiiee

Nov 7, 2013

Attachments

• samsung_android_sim_network_unlock_pin.jpg
    samsung_android_sim_network_unlock_pin.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 13
This is not my picture, but this is what it looks like. Thanks for trying to help me by the way! :)

Hi ,

No problem mate , that is the whole idea of the forum...

Mate what you have is not sim pin code request...is asking for the network unlock code.....your phone is still lock to T-mobile

Andypandiiee

Nov 7, 2013
Hi ,

Mate what you have is not sim pin code request...is asking for the network unlock code.....your phone is still lock to T-mobile

So RegionLockAway doesnt work for my device. do you know any other methods which I can use to unlock it?

So RegionLockAway doesnt work for my device. do you know any other methods which I can use to unlock it?

Hi Andy ,

This method use to work back in 4.2.2 since 4.3 not

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2282683

I had to get a imei unlock code, i requested it to my carrier as i had been with them for quite a few years but you can buy the in the internet or go to a phone shop , they have boxes like Z3X to do it.....that would be the easiest solution

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi ,

try to do a factory reset or check your settings under settings / more / security/ set up Sim card lock
    What will i lose if I factory reset? My internal storage?

All data , music , pictures, settings. apps in your internal SD , back up first so you can restore after it

did you check your settings?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Mate can you post an image of the pin code request??
    This is not my picture, but this is what it looks like. Thanks for trying to help me by the way! :)

Hi ,