[Q] Which (wired) headsets are compatible?

Search This thread

fallenguru

Apr 14, 2011
So I gather there's at least two different "standards" out there for headsets with 3.5 mm plugs, which all use 4 pins (3 rings + the tip of the plug), but with different pin outs - let's call them 'iPhone style' and 'Nokia style'.

Which one does the Legend use? Is there a list somewhere of headsets that are known to be working 100%?

TIA

LeifAlbor

Feb 24, 2011
Launceston
Google Pixel 7 Pro
From what I'm aware of I don't know of any third party wired headsets that allow the same full functionality of the HTC supplied ones.

I'm pretty sure all iPhone compatible headsets will work for audio / mic / call answer button, however I don't think volume control works (on headsets equipped with it).

Sent from my Legend using XDA App

sda2

Jun 8, 2008
Löhne
As I looked for a headset with a 90° plug, I found the Nokia HS-125 wired HS.
I ordered and found out - not working. I opened the little plasticcase and swapped
those two wires (Pin 3&4).

Now its working perfectly and its possible to play/pause and select the next track (double press). And call functions also work.

Reactions: fallenguru

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
What I did is that I bought the "cheap headset" and 3,5mm jack earphones from sonyericsson (I was able to buy those earphones without the SE adaptor...)

Now I have a great sound plus the ability to play/pause and it only cost me around 17 EUR (with shipping) try and search some local e-shops ;) I'm sure you'll find something!

Sunebune

Jan 12, 2009
Copenhagen
The Marshall Minor headset is also compatible (but no volume adjustment) - and both sound and build quality are tremendous. I'm a bit puzzled about the mic button functions though. Using my Legend's stock music player, all I can do is play/pause the music, pressing the Marshall's mic button once. If I press it twice, the phone starts calling the last-dialled number. If I press and hold the button, nothing happens. Using Poweramp, one press means play/pause, press and hold means skip forward. Double press does nothing but play-then-pause, i.e.no auto-dial function. Using Mortplayer beta, one press means play/pause, two means skip forward, three means skip backwards. No press-and-hold and no auto-dial. I'd like to have the Mortplayer functionality as well as the auto-dial function. Anyone knows a music app that does this, or another workaround?

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As I looked for a headset with a 90° plug, I found the Nokia HS-125 wired HS.
    I ordered and found out - not working. I opened the little plasticcase and swapped
    those two wires (Pin 3&4).

Now its working perfectly and its possible to play/pause and select the next track (double press). And call functions also work.