AT&T S5 Rom Update 4 (Updated June 15)

Search This thread

bri315317

Oct 27, 2010
South Carolina
just changed settings in

system\csc\feature.xml

Removed:

<CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>OYC</CscFeature_Framework_ReplaceDataTypeIconAsOpBrand>

Added:

<CscFeature_Fota_Operator>ATT</CscFeature_Fota_Operator>

Changed:

<CscFeature_Sip_ReplaceSymbolLayout4>TMO</CscFeature_Sip_ReplaceSymbolLayout4>

To This:

<CscFeature_Sip_ReplaceSymbolLayout4>ATT</CscFeature_Sip_ReplaceSymbolLayout4>

Don't know what was the exact thing that triggered the signal icons,
but the signal icons where already in rom
On the note 3, changing the instance of "uc" to "xx" in feature.smali does it.
On s5 it can be done with a build.prop edit. I don't recall the exact name atm. No pc in front of me.

I have not done it your way before.

D

Deleted member 4493700

Well I just noticed I no longer have root on this rom. I have no idea how that happened but I tried rerooting but towelroot isn't successful.

Sent from my SM-G900A (or was it?)

kc2kzz

Jan 16, 2013
I tried flashing this twice and both times it broke my supersu root. I had to reflash supersu from safestrap to get it to work again.

nickscap

Mar 10, 2011
Experience the same issue the icon set flash took but my superSU app became non resposive had to flash it as well.

Last edited:

hp79

Nov 14, 2007
Tigard, OR
Wow, what's with you all wanting AT&T's cartoonish LTE icon? I know it's just a preference, but to me it looks so out of place. Definitely not for me, haha.

Anyways, here's one problem I'm experiencing after several days of regular use.
When using ISIS to pay at mcdonalds for my free coffee(after $1 cash back), it no longer plays the "paid" animation. It beeps at the card reader and transaction is completed, but I don't recieve the instant reaction. I see the amount deducted after a while so I know it's working properly.

Another problem is that my compass doesnt work most times. This was a problem I had since before, so probably not ROM related. I noticed there are English typos in Magnetic sensor description screen. Is this a beta ROM base?
attachment.php

Other than that, I really think this is the best ROM out there for AT&T Note3. Still speedy on wakeup, it's not heating up, and I don't have to force min clock rate. I hope Samsung releases a proper updated version based on S5 ROM for AT&T.

Attachments

• compass.jpg
    compass.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 549
Last edited:

carl1961

Dec 5, 2010
Tickfaw
so is it safe to say this breaks root?

I verified this does break root, even though these file have nothing to do with root. Like @kc2kzz said just re-install the root

only files touched is as I posted a few post back. I will test with another update-binary

EDIT: replaced update-binary (even though this is exact one in ATT S5 Port Update 4.zip and I mounted the system partition by partition number
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p23", "/system");

All files or exactly and other zip.

something with the new update-binary and using mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system"); broke root (Something to remember if we have weird issues)

So ATT_S5_Port_AT&T_Signals_Update.zip does not break root any more

Last edited:

nemofbaby2010

Aug 15, 2011
Detroit, Michigan
I verified this does break root, even though these file have nothing to do with root. Like @kc2kzz said just re-install the root

only files touched is as I posted a few post back. I will test with another update-binary

EDIT: replaced update-binary (even though this is exact one in ATT S5 Port Update 4.zip and I mounted the system partition by partition number
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p23", "/system");

All files or exactly and other zip.

something with the new update-binary and using mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system"); broke root (Something to remember if we have weird issues)

So ATT_S5_Port_AT&T_Signals_Update.zip does not break root any more
I personally like verizon icons couldnt I make the same zip but use verizon 4g icons instead?

nemesisgx

Jul 3, 2013
USA.Ft wayne
Is there a way to make the sound lauder or volume boost on the rom since theres no mods out there for safe trap also is there a way to make the battery last longer the battery is dragging maybe try a different kernel just wanted to know. .Thanks

nickscap

Mar 10, 2011
Is there a way to make the sound lauder or volume boost on the rom since theres no mods out there for safe trap also is there a way to make the battery last longer the battery is dragging maybe try a different kernel just wanted to know. .Thanks

Try using viper 4 android as far as battery give it a day or two it gets better I am averaging 20 to 24 hrs with 4hrs of screen time, no way to add a different kernel bootloader is locked.

Skizzy034

Mar 10, 2010
Amsterdam, NY
www.facebook.com
Sorry guys but I just don't have the time to work on this anymore. I know I promised I would update and I feel horrible just stopping like this. I hope you all understand. I appreciate all the kind words and am glad you enjoyed it. Anyone one is welcome to use the rom and continue developing it. Use whatever you'd like. I'll keep the links up.

Again, sorry.

Sent from my LG-D851

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *June 15 Update*

Update 4 Changes:

Change log on page 62 / #616

-------------------------------------------

*For now please try to just download once each. I'm not sure if Google Drive will put a hold on it if too many people download.

*No need to add an apn if you are on AT&T. It will be there already when you boot up. If for some reason you need to add the apn, use APN #1 below.

*It can be flashed in a rom slot, but I recommend flashing in the stock slot.

Download:

ATT S5 Port Update 4
    Mirror

ATT S5 Port Update 2
    Mirror

ATT S5 Port Update 1
    Mirror

ATT S5 Port
    Mirror

Instructions:

-Boot into SafeStrap
    -Backup current rom
    -Wipe data, cache, dalvik, and system (I press the advanced tab and wipe everything in there except microsd x2, then I go back and do the factory reset x2)
    -Flash rom in the stock slot
    -Reboot System
    -Read and follow the first asterisk at the top of this post to get Multiwindow and Pen Window working correctly.

Not Working:

-There are some wake locks. It's kernel based. We can't flash kernels with SS so this is something we have to put up with for now.

Use this apn:

Network Mode: LTE/WCDMA/GSM (auto connect)

AT&T LTE APN #1

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: default,mms,supl,hipri
    Bearer: Unspecified
    Mobile virtual network operator type: None

AT&T LTE APN #2

Name: ATT Phone
    APN: phone
    Proxy: Not set
    Port: Not set
    Username: Not set
    Password: Not set
    Server: Not set
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    Multimedia message port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type: Not set
    APN type: internet + mms
    Bearer: LTE
    Mobile virtual network operator type: None

Thanks To:
    -cdmvirt
    -sac23
    -Obi_xD
    -ram9200
    -fahadali2315
    -ktetreault14
    Good news guys. I'm back with the Note 3. Expect the rom updates to pick up again. =)

Sent from my VK810 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Spoke with cdmvirt. He has some good stuff cooking. Look for an update for this soon.

I'm not gonna leave you guys high and dry. I promise.
    Sorry guys but I just don't have the time to work on this anymore. I know I promised I would update and I feel horrible just stopping like this. I hope you all understand. I appreciate all the kind words and am glad you enjoyed it. Anyone one is welcome to use the rom and continue developing it. Use whatever you'd like. I'll keep the links up.

Again, sorry.

Sent from my LG-D851
    Update 2 will be up in a couple hours. Pen Window and Multiwindow FC is fixed. Thanks @cdmvirt.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD