HELP ME!!! build.prop file deletes itself upon reboot!!!

Search This thread

Machlev

May 5, 2013
HEY!!

I wanted to change my LCD density on the build.prop file with build.prop Editor. It worked fine.

When I tried to copy the backup back from sdcard and replace the edited build.prop with the stock one, after reboot all I can see is the OnePlus logo with the "POWERED BY ANDROID" text.

I can access TWRP, but when I check the /system directory, there is no build.prop file. So I move it again from sdcard to the /system directory. It stays there until I reboot the phone.

I did EVERYTHING! chmod, mounting, moving using adb shell, and the file just deletes itself when I reboot the phone!!

I don't want to make a factory reset since I don't have a latest backup.

Please don't ask me why did I change the LCD density. I just wanted to check something.

PLEASE HELP!!

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
HEY!!

I wanted to change my LCD density on the build.prop file with build.prop Editor. It worked fine.

When I tried to copy the backup back from sdcard and replace the edited build.prop with the stock one, after reboot all I can see is the OnePlus logo with the "POWERED BY ANDROID" text.

I can access TWRP, but when I check the /system directory, there is no build.prop file. So I move it again from sdcard to the /system directory. It stays there until I reboot the phone.

I did EVERYTHING! chmod, mounting, moving using adb shell, and the file just deletes itself when I reboot the phone!!

I don't want to make a factory reset since I don't have a latest backup.

Please don't ask me why did I change the LCD density. I just wanted to check something.

PLEASE HELP!!

Reflash your ROM... Don't wipe the data partition and all will be as it was before.

Sent from my OnePlus ONE

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
What error are you getting?.. You could try another download (that one may be corrupt) or CM11 ROM, you should still be able to keep your app data as long as you don't wipe that partition.. You only need to wipe system/dalvik/cache..

Sent from my OnePlus ONE

Poesini

Apr 11, 2012
Cali
Are you mounting /system with TWRP before doing that?

Also, dont move the file, try cp which works better with crosslink devices

And try chmod 755 /system/build.prop with adb while in recovery and check the build.prop isnt edited in Windows so EOL is Windows-like, then use Notepad++ to change to UNIX-type

B

bachera

easy, you copy pasted so permissions are not the same as the original

reflash system or rom

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app