[Q] rooted note 3 help!

Search This thread

david199318

Aug 26, 2014
I have a at&t note 3 model N900A and today when I took it to best buy to update to kitkat the kind gentlemen told me my phone was rooted. I looked for how to tell if the phone was rooted and someone poinred out this 'supersu' app wich I have in my phone. I need help on how to install kitkat or how to install ROMS and also what does the supersu app do? How do I use it? any help would be appriciated please be patient I am a beginer with this step by step would be appriciate it. I need to upgrade to kitkat need my gps to start working need it for work lol. I really want to be able to learn how to isntall roms and flash updates thank you.

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
For starters, this forum is for international Note3, you have separate at&t note 3 forum, search there as it will have specific rooting info for your model. If you pick up ROMS here you could brick your phone. Supersu is like a supervising program granting permission to access restricted areas and running in administrative mode. If any program requests privileged access, Supersu will ask you if it should grant it. Of course giving privileged root access to virus or some badly behaving program could be very bad idea. I guess you got phone from somebody else, since it's rooted and you don't know about it?
Actually there is a program in Play Store that can check if you have root or not, or you can try to access system files using ES file explorer and see if it works. I'm not sure if having Supersu by itself means you have root ATM, previous owner could have root and maybe he brought it back to stock unrooted leaving Supersu behind?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

PS.
I would strongly suggest for you to do some serious reading in this forums and have full understanding of everything before installing custom ROMS etc. there is very good chance of bricking your device, not covered by warranty, by making even seemingly trivial mistake.

david199318

Aug 26, 2014
thank you I appriciate the help.

For starters, this forum is for international Note3, you have separate at&t note 3 forum, search there as it will have specific rooting info for your model. If you pick up ROMS here you could brick your phone. Supersu is like a supervising program granting permission to access restricted areas and running in administrative mode. If any program requests privileged access, Supersu will ask you if it should grant it. Of course giving privileged root access to virus or some badly behaving program could be very bad idea. I guess you got phone from somebody else, since it's rooted and you don't know about it?
Actually there is a program in Play Store that can check if you have root or not, or you can try to access system files using ES file explorer and see if it works. I'm not sure if having Supersu by itself means you have root ATM, previous owner could have root and maybe he brought it back to stock unrooted leaving Supersu behind?

---------- Post added at 02:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 AM ----------

PS.
I would strongly suggest for you to do some serious reading in this forums and have full understanding of everything before installing custom ROMS etc. there is very good chance of bricking your device, not covered by warranty, by making even seemingly trivial mistake.

Thank you so much for the help I think I posted on the correct forrum. Yes I bought mg phone of cl w a cracked screen im experienced changing phone screens and fixing them so I did it with the note 3 just didnt know it was rooted I think it is.