[Q] Help KindleFireHD HACKED NEED HELP

Search This thread

dnabb4117

Aug 21, 2014
Believe a "friend" of mine rooted my kindle and has access to all my accounts and information. I have reset everything and yet I find files still in my kindle. Is that because he has hacked all my accounts (gmail?) How can I delete him for good? I don't want to lose all my stuff but I will if necessary. I'm sure he uses this very site himself even.

Believe a "friend" of mine rooted my kindle and has access to all my accounts and information. I have reset everything and yet I find files still in my kindle. Is that because he has hacked all my accounts (gmail?) How can I delete him for good? I don't want to lose all my stuff but I will if necessary. I'm sure he uses this very site himself even.

Don't worry, they shouldn't have access to any of your accounts unless you gave them the password to those accounts. What do you mean when you say there are still files on there? These could just be files created by other apps when you reinstalled them.l, or system apps which save in the "sdcard" area (not an actual SD card, the internal storage.

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
If I wanted access to all your accounts and I had an identical device the way I would do it would be to make a backup then restore it to my device. This would give me access to everything you do.

But I don't know anyone in willing to waste my device on since now it's useless to me....

Change your passwords check your apps for malware and roll on.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

Bao289

Mar 23, 2014
How do you know he "hacked" your account? Rooting is basically hacking. Has he told you "hahah I have your accounts and im going to find your bank details etc". As MD678685 said he wont be able to hack any of your accounts if he doesn't have the password. If i were to hack your kindle i would do the same thing as mrkhigh. but that only works if your friend has the same kindle version as you. If you are worried change your account passwords and check for suspicious sent mail, spam etc. Hope this helped!