Swype for the EVO? Now with an IDIOT-PROOF GUIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

danknee

Guys I have an issue with Swype. When I type the letter A it auto fills someones long email address. I have to erase it so I can only input the A. It's really annoying since most sentences contain a letter A.
To remove a word from the dictionary, highlight only the word that you want to delete, and then tap the Swype key. A message screen will display to confirm that you want to delete the word.

You need to highlight the "A" email address and press the Swype key to delete it from the dictionary.

mrono

Jun 4, 2009
Guys I have an issue with Swype. When I type the letter A it auto fills someones long email address. I have to erase it so I can only input the A. It's really annoying since most sentences contain a letter A.
in what field? when i type it in mine doesn't do anything but put in the letter.

G

gqstatus0685

To remove a word from the dictionary, highlight only the word that you want to delete, and then tap the Swype key. A message screen will display to confirm that you want to delete the word.

You need to highlight the "A" email address and press the Swype key to delete it from the dictionary.

Awesome. It worked. Yesterday I tried going to the settings and I deleted everything in the dictionary but the email address wasn't on that list. Any reason why my Swype Button has an exclamation point next to it.

Freelancerx

Jul 12, 2008
chicago
swype seems so cool but its sooo hard to leave that speech to text button haha i hardly type anything anymore, it just works so well...

Grims

Dec 5, 2007
When I try to swype on the board it just beeps at me and never fills in any text? Tapping works though.

Impulses

May 19, 2010
Guaynabo
Does either Swype or the stock HTC keyboard have an option to easily change the language being used? My old dumbphone had this feature and I see a setting for it on my EVO (burred deep in the settings page) but I can't seem to figure out how to switch languages from the keyboard itself... Kind of indispensable for me, at times I alternate between English and Spanish multiple times per message. :p

Forgive me if it's a noobish question, I only got my EVO yesterday and it's my first Android phone, haven't had much time to play with it yet!

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com
Does either Swype or the stock HTC keyboard have an option to easily change the language being used? My old dumbphone had this feature and I see a setting for it on my EVO (burred deep in the settings page) but I can't seem to figure out how to switch languages from the keyboard itself... Kind of indispensable for me, at times I alternate between English and Spanish multiple times per message. :p

Forgive me if it's a noobish question, I only got my EVO yesterday and it's my first Android phone, haven't had much time to play with it yet!

The option to change the language is one of the main keys on the Swype keyboard. :)

josh s

Feb 27, 2010
I just downloaded the new beta and I can't get it to work. It says it was configured for a different device. Perhaps I didn't get the correct version somehow? The .apk from this thread worked fine for me so I'm going back to that for now.

fakematt

Jun 8, 2010
I tried it on my Evo and it doesnt work. After I check off swype on the language settings I open the search window and I don't have the swype icon to change the input.

jamesroach1

May 16, 2010
Makati
thank you very much for posting this. I'm pretty new to the android and your instructions helped very much! This is a pretty amazing application. Works great on my N1.

maedhros77

Nov 8, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I love the app, but hate the keyboard layout... I hope they make a version that follows more standard keyboard layout... Only keyboard I've ever used where the numbers don't go across the top line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.