[ROM][KANG]CM9 ICS 10.1 WiFi Preview 03/04/12

Search This thread

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
I have been noticing that this most recent kang is less stable than the older ones mainly when going back to the home screen sometimes I will get visual artifacts uploadfromtaptalk1328208166757.jpg
And this is irrespective if i use nova trebuchet or aplex
Let's hope cm team comes with the goods for their beta release

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Simba501

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
I finally decided to move off of some of the stabler roms to this WIP... and OH MY WORD this is so smooth. This blows out any of the honeycomb roms I fiddled with. Everything looks beautiful and I can't wait until the camera gets fixed (only because I skype with the tab). TY for sharing this with us.

For people that are iffy about jumping from honeycomb to this. I almost feel like this WIP is more stable than the most stable honeycomb rom <_< >_>. So there's my 2c

Bro, I agree with you for all 100%. I just two days ago decided to move back to HC, but after couple of hours could not use it anymore and came back to ICS as it is so much faster and smooth. If we can help you guys who work on this ROM I would be more than happy as I really like to see it to be a bit more stable.

Viros527

Aug 22, 2007
Bro, I agree with you for all 100%. I just two days ago decided to move back to HC, but after couple of hours could not use it anymore and came back to ICS as it is so much faster and smooth. If we can help you guys who work on this ROM I would be more than happy as I really like to see it to be a bit more stable.

Seconded here. I used this rom and was blown away with the smoothness. Unfortunately, I need an app that uses the camera fairly regularly, so I've had to revert to HC. That said, once they fix the camera, I plan on switching to ICS and never looking back.

I only wish I had more time so I could help with the development of this rom!

GalaxyNinja

Nov 23, 2011
Toronto
I have been noticing that this most recent kang is less stable than the older ones mainly when going back to the home screen sometimes I will get visual artifacts View attachment 884521

You might want to try a full wipe and reinstall. I have been using this rom for a while now and have never seen this issue.

Reactions: Simba501

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
You might want to try a full wipe and reinstall. I have been using this rom for a while now and have never seen this issue.

I did a full wipe and even format the system/
even clean cache..

i wonder because i have 10 folders and 3 widgets on my screen..
wonder if thats the reason why??
too many things?

have u OC? i did it on mine just so that i can see if there is any difference..
but dont know..
will persists with it a bit more...and see how i go...

did u get the latest from a clean state? ie full wipe or did u flash from the prev kang version?

slice2011

Sep 20, 2011
Chandler, AZ
I use email a lot with my work, account setup as exchange. I was on Roman's build, I can receive email but I cant sent email out, they stay in outbox, if I go to outbox and hit send all messages nothing happens. Does anyone have there email setup with exchange as the account? Can you send emails? If so want to flash this as I don't want to go back to TW 3.2 but need email for work. thanks for the help/guidance.

aaron.bufc

Mar 29, 2011
Ballymena
I have been noticing that this most recent kang is less stable than the older ones mainly when going back to the home screen sometimes I will get visual artifacts View attachment 884521

I experienced something similar the other day also although not quite to that extent....mine looked like that but only along the status bar.

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
I experienced something similar the other day also although not quite to that extent....mine looked like that but only along the status bar.

I wonder if it has something to do with the number of processes and or the hardware acceleration? I set my tab oc to 1.4 seeing if that may help

volja1971

Dec 15, 2011
Tallinn
Hi, i hesitated to put this rom on my tab..... But i think now i'm going to try it and i'll tell you what i think of it :)

Google account is working well ?

Everything related to email is working excellent! I have sometimes issues with fc on HD videos, but if I play what it should play no issues seen.
Also camera dose not work right now, but it is not essential for me.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

I wonder if it has something to do with the number of processes and or the hardware acceleration? I set my tab oc to 1.4 seeing if that may help

Setting to the higher over clock would make your system more unstable, besides you will create more heat and it will turn even worst. I would not recommend doing this.
Also you should consider that even thought the hardware of Galaxy Tab is the same it still slightly different in terms of what it can handle as the transistor based elements are less precise then we would like them to be. Therefore something what may go well with one tablet will not necessary good for on other. So if you over clock first make sure you test your stability. Set CPU actually have this option.

Reactions: Neomoorea

Top Liked Posts