[Q] The help of experts

Search This thread

DevastatedSoul

Apr 26, 2012
if you want to install JB after iCs you don't have to install Gapps for cm9
just let it boot , after that , turn off your phone and go to recovery and flash any JB rom

here is the link for slim bean thread

you'll find download link

PS : i've just suggested slimbean , i don't say it's the best , you should give a try for each rom to choose the best for you

Anybody There

DevastatedSoul

Apr 26, 2012

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
just do a nandroid backup of gingerbread then if you don't like ICS just boot into recovery and flash previous rom... after flashing your phone will go into recovery bootloop, don't worry this is normal, just pull battery, reinstall battery and do 3 button combo to get into recovery then in recovery options select reboot recovery then reboot phone, phone will now install new rom... good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: DevastatedSoul

DevastatedSoul

Apr 26, 2012
just do a nandroid backup of gingerbread then if you don't like ICS just boot into recovery and flash previous rom... after flashing your phone will go into recovery bootloop, don't worry this is normal, just pull battery, reinstall battery and do 3 button combo to get into recovery then in recovery options select reboot recovery then reboot phone, phone will now install new rom... good luck

I think CM9 there is something missing on it i can't get to my files can't restore my App with tatumim backup i'm afraid that i did something wrong while i installing it i didn't know where the Icon of my files that i can explore my phone.

there is two things i want to ask about if i istalled the CM10 JB did i will find the missing items on CM9 ?
and pla tell me what is a nandroid backup of GB and how i do it plz could u explain all what u said step by step?
ty for helping me

The Tox

Apr 8, 2012
Agadir
just flash custom rom, and then look in app drawer, if you have google market, google talk, gmail or any other app from google then you have Gapps, if not download from here boot into recovery and flash Gapps.
ICS GAPPS [49MB]
ICS GAPPS LITE [16MB]

if i want to go back to GB what i have to do? coz i a want to do everything From the beginning to make sure that is no mistake i did

I think that u're ok now , post a screenshot for your home screen ,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda app-developers app

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
I think CM9 there is something missing on it i can't get to my files can't restore my App with tatumim backup i'm afraid that i did something wrong while i installing it i didn't know where the Icon of my files that i can explore my phone.

there is two things i want to ask about if i istalled the CM10 JB did i will find the missing items on CM9 ?
and pla tell me what is a nandroid backup of GB and how i do it plz could u explain all what u said step by step?
ty for helping me

ah yes I forget to mention there is no file browser app on CM9 for some strange reason, no idea why, I had the same problem, don't worry everything will still be on sdcard, just open browser at this address to install file browsing app http://openintents.googlecode.com/files/FileManager-2.0.2.apk before you download goto options and tick to download from unknown source.
EDIT: yes CM10 has file browser so you will find all your files.
EDIT: To make a nandroid backup first power off phone then hold Volume UP+HOME+POWER that will take you to recovery mode, scroll down (using volume buttons) to "backup and restore" then select "backup" (using power button) wait for the backup process to complete then reboot your phone, and you’re done. You now have a complete backup of EVERYTHING on your phone memory.

Last edited:

DevastatedSoul

Apr 26, 2012
ah yes I forget to mention there is no file browser app on CM9 for some strange reason, no idea why, I had the same problem, don't worry everything will still be on sdcard, just open browser at this address to install file browsing app http://openintents.googlecode.com/files/FileManager-2.0.2.apk before you download goto options and tick to download from unknown source.
EDIT: yes CM10 has file browser so you will find all your files.
EDIT: To make a nandroid backup first power off phone then hold Volume UP+HOME+POWER that will take you to recovery mode, scroll down (using volume buttons) to "backup and restore" then select "backup" (using power button) wait for the backup process to complete then reboot your phone, and you’re done. You now have a complete backup of EVERYTHING on your phone memory.

i have installed the app this file manger i can't see my external SD and i trued also ES file manger

Last edited:

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
have a go with ICS and if you don't like just flash back to gingerbread (hope you made a nandroid backup of gingerbread) if you didn't then you'll have to download gingerbread from here http://get.cm/get/2Kl go into recovery select the CM7.2 .zip file and flash it. the recovery will bootloop (don't worry that's normal) pull battery, reinstall battery, do 3 button combo to get into recovery then select "reboot recovery" and it'll install gingerbread, or try CM10... here's all the CyanogenMod roms http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd or download a custom rom from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1837223 goodluck

Last edited:

DevastatedSoul

Apr 26, 2012
have a go with ICS and if you don't like just flash back to gingerbread (hope you made a nandroid backup of gingerbread) if you didn't then you'll have to download gingerbread from here http://get.cm/get/2Kl go into recovery select the CM7.2 .zip file and flash it. the recovery will bootloop (don't worry that's normal) pull battery, reinstall battery, do 3 button combo to get into recovery then select "reboot recovery" and it'll install gingerbread, or try CM10... here's all the CyanogenMod roms http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd or download a custom rom from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1837223 goodluck

what about battery life it's get empty faster than the past?

pryerlee

Nov 18, 2008
Bristol
fully charge battery then boot into recovery, select advance options then wipe battery stats, reboot, also select CyanogenMod settings and lower the CPU frequency, you'll lose performance but save battery. you could also add some init.d scripts or maybe add some tweaks to the built prop.

Last edited:

Soryuu

Aug 17, 2012
Auckland
Just a note I want to add, I read through the pages- if you want to go from ICS to CM7, I'm pretty sure you have to flash stock, re-root and flash CM7 from stock 2.3.6. Otherwise it won't boot and you'll get a bootloop.
Although maybe ICS allows you to do that? I've only done CM9 -> stock restore, so I don't know how well CM9 -> CM7 works.

On the safe side, flash stock 2.3.6, root and flash CM7 from there. Although as pryerleee suggested try going straight from ICS to CM7. It might work...

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk HD

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings,

I have I9000 and i was on frameware 2.2.1 foryo then i updated it to 2.3.4( Maroc ) it was one file with tar extension by Odin but its now Cause some problems and make my phone slow so now i want change the frameware for something better and faster like Gingerbread 2.3.6 or any version of IceCream sandwich or Jellybean but all i need rom or frameware Aligned with the telephone and can run all the characteristics of the phone properly and there is no defects and the most important thing be supporting the Arabic language as well as I attach way to setup it .
    PS.i made root to my phone by busybox and also i'm using tatainum backup so did i can restore all my program after flashing my phone with the new frameware?

download 2.3.6 Firmware from this thread
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1102881

i suggest JVU
    then download CM 9 from http://get.cm/?device=galaxysmtd and flash
    if you want JB , install any costum rom from development section

if you are moroccan gouulha :D
    Greetings,

I have I9000 and i was on frameware 2.2.1 foryo then i updated it to 2.3.4( Maroc ) it was one file with tar extension by Odin but its now Cause some problems and make my phone slow so now i want change the frameware for something better and faster like Gingerbread 2.3.6 or any version of IceCream sandwich or Jellybean but all i need rom or frameware Aligned with the telephone and can run all the characteristics of the phone properly and there is no defects and the most important thing be supporting the Arabic language as well as I attach way to setup it .
    PS.i made root to my phone by busybox and also i'm using tatainum backup so did i can restore all my program after flashing my phone with the new frameware?

Yes, you can restore you'r apps with titanium backup, but only user apps, don't restore system apps, because you can get bootlop :)
    Cheers,
    thnx for ur responde but the link for 2.3.6 i think not include Arabic support only the 2.3.4 include Middle East area then what do u mean with (JUV) and what is the CM 9 and what the importance from install after 2.3.6 .
    and what JB custom rom u reccmonde for me to be stable and work good and also include Arabic support.
    sorry for too much question coz i'm normal user and btw I'm From Egypt.

don't worry about arabic support , JB and ICS support arabic , and the font is amazing :p

CM9 is ICS
    CM 10.x is JB

flash a 2.3.6 firmware then flash CM9 to avoid loosing IMEI , then install any costum rom you want , try SLIMBEAN or GamerzRom
    what about (JUV) what dose it mean? and the link that u sent b4 include stock Kernel with every frameware and what the best frameware from 2.3.6
    SlimBean or Gameezrom is ICS or JB?
    and if i like to install CM 10.x did i will lose the IMEI?

JUV is a 2.3.6 firmware , don't worry , install any 2.3.6 firmware from the thread that i posted
    the kernel for 2.3.6 is stock ( from samsung )
    slim bean and gamerzrom are JB roms
    you have to install CM 9 ( ics ) first then install JB rom , to avoid loosing IMEI
    Greetings,

sorry for prolong i will install 2.3.6 by odin so could u plz tell me the right steps that i have to do after finishing it to istall CM9 and CM10 and after installing CM9 and CM10 did i have to install something alse after these?

PLEASE INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE VIA ODIN
    http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/52135055/file.html

After that you have to root your phone :

follow this

1.Download CF-Root
    2. Unzip the file and you get a tar file. It may look like a zip file but it is not. So do not extract the tar file.
    3. Open Odin
    4. Switch off the phone and wait for vibration. When it vibrates it is completely off
    5. Make sure you have drivers (JW4 installing section 1)
    6. Put your phone to download download mode. To do that press vol down + home + power.
    7. Now your phone should be in download mode. Plug it to computer (make sure odin is still open)
    8. Click PDA tab and choose CF-Root-XX_OXA_JW4-v4.4-CWM3RFS.tar.
    9. Click start
    10. Wait
    11. Wait more and then there should read Success! in odin
    12. Now you can disconnect the phone.
    13. Finish!

Now we are ready to install a custom ROM!

1. Download the ROM. from here http://get.cm/get/3qH
    2. Put it to your phone's internal sd-card
    3. Reboot to recovery (vol up + home + power)
    4. Wipe data/factory reset
    5. Wipe cache
    6. Advanced > wipe dalvik cache
    7. Install zip from sd-card
    8. Choose zip from sd-card
    9. Select cm-9.0.0-galaxysmtd.zip
    10. Confirm
    11. Wait
    12. Go back
    13. Reboot

Know you have ICS on your phone , if you want to stay to ICS install Gapps if you want to upgrade to JB

download any custom rom from devlopoment section and install it as the same way you did with ICS ans install Gapps

موفق بإدن الله
    اخوك من المغرب