Lag stopped all of a sudden ??

Search This thread

dlscott1111

Apr 20, 2011
Lag has been a minor nuisance since I've had the phone.

But it seems to have stopped all of a sudden either yesterday or today.

This happen to anyone else? Anyone know why?

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

nericollin

Aug 14, 2014
Columbus
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I was about to post a follow up on the tweaks and ART runtime (that had been working almost flawlessly on my device for almost 24 hours straight now) and saw this thread.

Even though the improvements given by ART and some RAM/Display/Scrolling tweaks were phenomenal, they still had moments of minor stuttering once or twice in an hour's time.

Today however, I noticed my device charging faster, not getting as hot, etc.

Is anyone aware of something that could have caused this?

2 of my close friends have the VZW G3 as well, on the latest firmware. I'm going to send them a text and see if they noticed anything different today.

I'll report back.

Last edited:
Reactions: dlscott1111

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I am on 10b firmware, which the phone came with. I did not know there we're any other firmwears for the Verizon LG G3.

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Is there suppose to be an update that they're working on?
They are suppose to be working with LG continuously to make sure all the firmware improvements LG makes in response to the many issues us users/beta-testers have found and reported are updated onto our phones asap.

Particularly since unlike T-Mobile they have required our Verizon G3s be locked down so we cannot update them ourselves...

In reality, Verizon is happy with whatever shipped initially on the phones since everyone who got one is stuck with it for about two years and there is no revenue from updated firmware, so why should they give a damn ?

We might get a Kit Kat update to 4.4.4 maybe about the time L is released, and if Verizon is feeling unusually benevolent, eventually, an L update maybe 6 months later. Or not.

Verizon does not care at all about Android customers, even though we are the majority of their users. You can be sure they will be all over the iPhone6 phones when they release in a couple of weeks though.

Last edited:
Reactions: stajam

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
They are suppose to be working with LG continuously to make sure all the firmware improvements LG makes in response to the many issues us users/beta-testers have found and reported are updated onto our phones asap.

Particularly since unlike T-Mobile they have required our Verizon G3s be locked down so we cannot update them ourselves...

In reality, Verizon is happy with whatever shipped initially on the phones since everyone who got one is stuck with it for about two years and there is no revenue from updated firmware, so why should they give a damn ?

We might get a Kit Kat update to 4.4.4 maybe about the time L is released, and if Verizon is feeling unusually benevolent, eventually, an L update maybe 6 months later. Or not.

Verizon does not care at all about Android customers, even though we are the majority of their users. You can be sure they will be all over the iPhone6 phones when they release in s couple of weeks though.
100% agree with everything you said but comparing it to iOS is kind of unfair. Those updates comes straight from Apple. Although the majority of Verizon phones are Android, they sell more iPhones than any other device by far, even Sammy flagships. That gives Apple the leveraging power to be able to give straight updates and have no branding on their phones.

Reactions: Mistertac

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
Apple produces updates and tests them for the various iPhone models, ok. Do they then send them out to Verizon and ATT and every other cell company that allows the use of iPhones for review and pre-OTA testing for "network compatibility" ? I don't think so, I think they update from their own servers directly to user's phones, but I am not sure.

For Android hardware vendors, though, if they even create updates for Verizon models, they have to, for some reason, go through Verizon to reach their own customers. LG cannot send OTA updates to LG customers, because Verizon won't let them ? Instead we have situations like with the LG G3, where T-Mobile and ATT and European users have updated firmware up to v10j while we are lingering with 10b still. The South Koreans even have 10k I think.
There are some significant improvements in these updates, but Verizon LG customers may never see them, because of Verizon. That is very annoying, to me, and the minute they take away my unlimited data I am gone never to return.

The Verizon LG G3 works with 4gLTE on Cricket here, and H, and Edge. That's on ATT towers. I am using that now. It also works on T-Mobile, though I am unclear about what connection types are supported. I heard LTE works there too. If I leave Verizon, I'll just stick a pre-paid SIM in and that will be fine.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
100% agree with everything you said but comparing it to iOS is kind of unfair. Those updates comes straight from Apple. Although the majority of Verizon phones are Android, they sell more iPhones than any other device by far, even Sammy flagships. That gives Apple the leveraging power to be able to give straight updates and have no branding on their phones.
I see you're still lurking around the G3 forum... You getting one??

It is a bummer to not have have the options we had on our S4s but I still love this phone with Root and xposed and I'm quite happy.

Our G3 devs are still saying they're going to be able to unlock these things which is cool... Anyways just wanted to say what up!

- Tapatalked from the G3

Reactions: joshm.1219

trent999

Nov 16, 2013
I tested my Verizon G3 with my T-Mobile prepaid sim and got better 4gLTE download and upload and ping than I got native on Verizon here.
So, both AT&T and T-Mobile LTE work on this phone.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia

It is a bummer to not have have the options we had on our S4s but I still love this phone with Root and xposed and I'm quite happy.

Our G3 devs are still saying they're going to be able to unlock these things which is cool... Anyways just wanted to say what up!

- Tapatalked from the G3

Right now, it's looking like the G3. I'm still waiting to see the Note 4 tomorrow and the Moto X+1 on Thursday because hey why not. I doubt the Note 4 will be tempting enough to actually accept running stock TW or even hoping for a Hashcode disciple to get Safestrap on there, then I'm still really limited. The Moto X+1 probably won't have a removable battery, which is a problem. It's very annoying to use my One Max with it's embedded battery compared to S4 where I never think about it.

The ZL battery for the G3 just came out and it's looking like good days are coming in the bootloader situation, so I'll probably be pulling the trigger soon enough.

Reactions: Mistertac

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
What ZL battery are you talking about? Zero Lemon just announced another delay a couple days ago.

yeah i looked that up after i posted that lol, I remembered 8/30 being the release date, that's the second delay already. It's a shame they're tripping up like this. I hope it at least means a better product in the end.

The Note 4 is pretty enticing right now, I need to let the newness wear down lol.

Last edited:

shawnten

Mar 21, 2008
Yorktown
So which Verizon app was causing the art shutdown. Also did anyone find a way to fix the almost unreadable text when thin and small

Sent from my VS985 4G using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was about to post a follow up on the tweaks and ART runtime (that had been working almost flawlessly on my device for almost 24 hours straight now) and saw this thread.

Even though the improvements given by ART and some RAM/Display/Scrolling tweaks were phenomenal, they still had moments of minor stuttering once or twice in an hour's time.

Today however, I noticed my device charging faster, not getting as hot, etc.

Is anyone aware of something that could have caused this?

2 of my close friends have the VZW G3 as well, on the latest firmware. I'm going to send them a text and see if they noticed anything different today.

I'll report back.
    Is there suppose to be an update that they're working on?

Verizon does not care at all about Android customers, even though we are the majority of their users. You can be sure they will be all over the iPhone6 phones when they release in a couple of weeks though.

Verizon does not care at all about Android customers, even though we are the majority of their users. You can be sure they will be all over the iPhone6 phones when they release in s couple of weeks though.

- Tapatalked from the G3

- Tapatalked from the G3

Right now, it's looking like the G3. I'm still waiting to see the Note 4 tomorrow and the Moto X+1 on Thursday because hey why not. I doubt the Note 4 will be tempting enough to actually accept running stock TW or even hoping for a Hashcode disciple to get Safestrap on there, then I'm still really limited. The Moto X+1 probably won't have a removable battery, which is a problem. It's very annoying to use my One Max with it's embedded battery compared to S4 where I never think about it.

The ZL battery for the G3 just came out and it's looking like good days are coming in the bootloader situation, so I'll probably be pulling the trigger soon enough.