[Q] Does tripping KNOX disable full system functionality and flash without tripping?

Search This thread

WhaleTrain

Sep 4, 2013
Manchester
Hi guys so I'm really sorry if this has been asked millions of times but what I want to know is, does tripping the KNOX flag open a huge risk to normal system functionality not working? Now I know KNOX tripping, prevents you from using KNOX related stuff but does it stop you from an average joe using their phone normally, installing apps, sideloading apps, using the camera. That sort of thing.

The other thing is, I want to have a go at flashing custom ROMs to my device. My warranty runs out next month so this would be perfect, providing the above question is true (that it doesn't disable full functionality) I will go and follow normal tutorials.

Now I've been reading about SafeStrap and how it creates the ability to flash ROMs without touching vital system parts that would trip KNOX. Is this true? Could I really root without tripping, install SafeStrap and finally install custom ROMs without tripping KNOX or am I in a dream world haha?

dwarfer66

Mar 31, 2014
Perth
Hi guys so I'm really sorry if this has been asked millions of times but what I want to know is, does tripping the KNOX flag open a huge risk to normal system functionality not working? Now I know KNOX tripping, prevents you from using KNOX related stuff but does it stop you from an average joe using their phone normally, installing apps, sideloading apps, using the camera. That sort of thing.

The other thing is, I want to have a go at flashing custom ROMs to my device. My warranty runs out next month so this would be perfect, providing the above question is true (that it doesn't disable full functionality) I will go and follow normal tutorials.

Now I've been reading about SafeStrap and how it creates the ability to flash ROMs without touching vital system parts that would trip KNOX. Is this true? Could I really root without tripping, install SafeStrap and finally install custom ROMs without tripping KNOX or am I in a dream world haha?

Tripping knox does not affect phone performance, as for safestrap, as far as I know that has to be used on locked bootloader phones (like US carrier ones).

Once knox is tripped knox is tripped, I have heard the proggy that does not trip knox when rooting is Towelroot, but some people are having big problems with battery life.

DarkerTimes

Aug 7, 2014

Yes, it seems to be possible that you can flash custom roms without tripping Knox.

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s4/general/guide-how-to-install-custom-roms-t2852310

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

fear_factory84

Apr 17, 2009
Without tripping knox you can get root, and modify the actual rom filesystem, for example you can change all /system of the rom using mobile odin pro.
You cannot change kernel or recovery, or you get knox 0x1.
Flashing roms with mobile odin pro is possible only if rom is compatible with your current official kernel you have, or the results would be bad (wifi not working or so on..).

bottom661

Jan 28, 2011
bakersfield
Without tripping knox you can get root, and modify the actual rom filesystem, for example you can change all /system of the rom using mobile odin pro.
You cannot change kernel or recovery, or you get knox 0x1.
Flashing roms with mobile odin pro is possible only if rom is compatible with your current official kernel you have, or the results would be bad (wifi not working or so on..).

Can you flash roms after knox has been tripped