[Guide] Whatsapp Fix in Stock Rom

Search This thread

esam122333

Oct 12, 2013
can you make push mod build.prop file ??

Thanks !! its work :good::fingers-crossed:

can you make windows application to push Average build.prop file to system/ Using adb ???

because some poeple not rooted phone :)

sktbarmer

Apr 23, 2013
I CAN DO IT WITHOUT ROOT OR ANY MODIFICATION
2uvu8e8a.jpg

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

singhnsk

Nov 11, 2012
www.techmesto.com
Do we need to have a rooted phone for this? I tried to push it and then the pull brings the original file, not modified.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Download the Nokia X Manager by AngSanley and just use the adb pull and adb push feature...
you will find build.prop in system/build.prop... pull it ... and push in your own modified one by selecting from your pc...
Do we need to have a rooted phone for this? I tried to push it and then the pull brings the original file, not modified.

Dom3616

May 7, 2013
Karachi

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

Yes, you do. :)

.Lucius

Aug 1, 2014
Whatsapp server now checks for every version for Date not using your device local time, which breaks down verifying whatsapp original then replace it with whatsapp+ !!

Anything but rooting devices ?

sktbarmer

Apr 23, 2013

just download whatsapp virsion 2.11.245 and make your account on it if it show phone date is invalid than change your phones date as jun 2014 after all done you have to replace whatsapp to a letest virsion

and the gemsbond idea for avoiding #your device is not supported# is make a widgets on your x 's home screen

.Lucius

Aug 1, 2014
just download whatsapp virsion 2.11.245 and make your account on it if it show phone date is invalid than change your phones date as jun 2014 after all done you have to replace whatsapp to a letest virsion

and the gemsbond idea for avoiding #your device is not supported# is make a widgets on your x 's home screen

This walkthrough doesn't work anymore, because WhatsApp checks for date and figure out the correct date even if you changed the date of the device !!

decapattack

Aug 20, 2014
I just installed the new version of Whatsapp straight from the 1 app store. They seem to have fixed the issue. I'm using the X2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -----------------------------------------------

Whatsapp "Device not supported" issue.

(YOUR DEVICE MUST BE ROOTED!)

-----------------------------------------------

Steps to fix this issue in Nokia X are:

1) download Rom Toolbox Lite (http://www.appsapk.com/rom-toolbox-lite/) and install

2) Open the app then tap "ROOT BROWSER"

2) Go to "system" directory and tap "build.prop"

3) Tap "RB Text Editor"

4) Find the line "ro.product.manufacturer=Nokia” and change Nokia to Baidu

5) Save the file then reboot your phone

6) ???

7 PROFIT!

thanks to garen1412 for the tip. :good:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53840611&postcount=7
    but whatsapp plus isnt working on my device. verification doesnt work they ask to install original whatsapp first than talk with some friends then uninstall it and download whatsapp+ again but i cant verify on whatsapp too because they said "device not supported".
    clicking from widget doesnt work anymore.

Then edit build.prop using Root Explorer. Change ro.build.manufacture from Nokia to Baidu. ;)
    Remember to backup your /system/build.prop so can undo change if future OTA update fails. At least X2's OTA mechanism is balking at build.prop customizations.

oops,can elaborate further as I noob in this?
    what do you mean by OTA update fails? will my phone get soft bricked? :D
    but whatsapp plus isnt working on my device. verification doesnt work they ask to install original whatsapp first than talk with some friends then uninstall it and download whatsapp+ again but i cant verify on whatsapp too because they said "device not supported".
    clicking from widget doesnt work anymore.

because WA+ require some files from WA official... so you need to install WA official first.

try guide on this thread...work 100%
    you can change ro.build.manufacture from nokia to Baidu/Sony/Samsung.

sorry for my english
    sure :D

Fantastic ... Can you tell us and explain the process ؟؟؟ :D

Download the Nokia X Manager by AngSanley and just use the adb pull and adb push feature...
    you will find build.prop in system/build.prop... pull it ... and push in your own modified one by selecting from your pc...