Wired in-ear headphones with media controls

Search This thread

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I need an adapter to get the in-call sound on external speakers (for driving), bought one from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260566515565) but it doesn't really work. Sound is very quite but if I press the button on the adapter it becomes a lot louder but only while I'm pressing it.
Anyone got any recommondations for a cheap working adapter?

Have you considered a bluetooth speaker.

I have one that i could recommend, its a samsung and has a answer button and cord if you want to connect to a 3.5mm socket.

Will post the model and photo when i get home later on.

Forgot to mention, it also has media control buttons for play/pause, forward and previous.

Last edited:

XlAfbk

Aug 11, 2010
The phone is connected to my cars radio anyway, no need for a second bluetooth connection. I just need a working adapter, don't care about any buttons.

krumbs

Jan 12, 2010
Navi Mumbai
www.krumbs.in
shure mpa-3c works just fine

was going through this thread, and thought i would add my bit.
1] Had an old Shure MPA-3C adapter from my iPhone days. And it worked just fine for calls and music control. With PowerAMP you can also control next/ previous by enabling double/ triple clicks. This was a surprise, since i was under the impression that iPhones used a different wiring schema.
The best part about this adapter is that you can plug your own headphones (have the Shure 535, and with the Voodoo fix, the sound is stellar!)
http://www.amazon.com/Shure-MPA-3C-Music-Adapter-iPhone/dp/B000UD205K

2] Sort of worked with a HTC headset which came bundled with the HD2. This headset has additional dedicated Next/Previous buttons. Calls worked fine, Play/ Pause worked fine. But Next and Previous buttons end up doing the same - skipping to the Next track!
If I can figure out how to fix it, it will be nice - i don't have to bother with triple clicks and such. However the sound quality is rather mediocre and you can't plug in your own headphones - can't see myself using this for anything other than audiobooks.

auldthief

Feb 21, 2011
New Bombay
Try this app!

Hi! I use the EHS60 that came with the galaxy s2 and use this app from the market:
Headset Button controller.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.kober.headsetbutton&hl=en

this one app makes the headphones behave just like "ahem" ipod headsets. single, double,triple tap to play/pause , skip back, advance and long press for volume control. With this and the built in equalisers in 2.3.4 , the stock music player becomes complete. THose guys missing the functionality of the media keys should try it. there's a trial too. Hope this helped someone.

ninjaskija

Oct 31, 2011
Philips In-Ear Headset SHE8005

I'm using Philips In-Ear Headset SHE8005 which behave exemplary (media controls work as intended) + Power AMP. Bass on those headset is very deep. The headset came with a adapter which make it compatible with virtually any smart phone.

kgkolfis

Jan 15, 2009
can't use the samsung ehs60 earphones with the galaxy s.
sounds horrible and the earphone button does not work.
any help?

dakki12345

Jan 9, 2010
Winnipeg, Manitoba CA
try Klipsch Image Headphones with Controls. it was built for ipod/iphone but the media controls are working on me. the only control that dosent work is the volume button.. the next track button and the back track button are working also the mic and answer key..

im using a Mspot player anyways.. cause i like the equalizer in there

tobarn

Jul 20, 2010
Jays a-Jays One Plus - I have the original One and they rock!

Waiting for the One Plus to get back in stock (plus it comes with a control app).

I got these a-Jays one plus and they only work properly when I press the button on the control. And I cant use it to switch between songs etc. I think I have understood this is a HW problem with galaxy S. So stupid, since a-Jays one plus is for android devices. Someone know if I can use a other kernel then stock or do I have to buy an adapter?

Charmed :)

Mar 27, 2011
Hi guys.

I just had Samsung's AARM040EBECSTD headphones for 7 US$ and as you can see in picture it has mic + button + volume. So you can use for Play/Pause, Next track (double click with newest SGS fws) and volume. PowerAMP supports Previous track with triple click too.

The good side is I have tested and it works with any standard headphone with 3.5 mm plug. Mine is Koss Porta Pro and works perfectly. It is great when you go out during winter. One controller and most of the features are delivered.

samsung_35_mm_aarm040ebecstd.jpg

Hi all! I just bought 2 of these these earphones on ebay, and they don't seem to be working properly on my (and another) i9001. The sound is really low, but when I press the answer button, sound seems to be ok. I really just wanted some earphones with volume control...maybe I bought some cheep chines knockoff, I mean i9001 is not so different from i9000 and I doubt that is a problem :(

Mine look like this http://i40.tinypic.com/142d3d1.jpg

Last edited:

cowbutt

Feb 11, 2010
Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet
Moto G
Hi all! I just bought 2 of these these earphones on ebay, and they don't seem to be working properly on my (and another) i9001. The sound is really low, but when I press the answer button, sound seems to be ok. I really just wanted some earphones with volume control...maybe I bought some cheep chines knockoff, I mean i9001 is not so different from i9000 and I doubt that is a problem :(

Mine look like this http://i40.tinypic.com/142d3d1.jpg

Samsung changed the pinout of their TRRS from Nokia to Apple layout. Consequently, the ground and mic pins got swapped. The answer button shorts the mic pin with the ground pin, which is why the earphone audio level is normal when you do so. I think if you swap the M+ and M- conductors around on the right hand side of the PCB in the photo, it'll work. To be safe, you probably ought to swap the red and black conductors of the condenser mic around on the left hand side of the PCB too.

I've not tried this, so do so at your own risk.

Nootubo

Dec 29, 2011
With Bluetooth is the sound quality bad

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

Sepharite

Oct 12, 2011
With Bluetooth is the sound quality bad

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA App

I have the Samsung HS3000, Bluetooth connector for ANY headphones (Cheap on Newegg) or the BCK-08 (REALLY cheap on Ebay). From using the HS3000 for the past week or so, I haven't heard any huge detoriation in the sound. It sounds 90% like the original source. You can always fool around with the DSP manager to synthesize the sound that was lost.

I highly recommend it, especially since it works with the PC.

Charmed :)

Mar 27, 2011
Samsung changed the pinout of their TRRS from Nokia to Apple layout. Consequently, the ground and mic pins got swapped. The answer button shorts the mic pin with the ground pin, which is why the earphone audio level is normal when you do so. I think if you swap the M+ and M- conductors around on the right hand side of the PCB in the photo, it'll work. To be safe, you probably ought to swap the red and black conductors of the condenser mic around on the left hand side of the PCB too.

I managed to do that and now I have fully functional button -end call/skip next, mic and volume control :)

Reactions: cowbutt

itstanmay

Aug 3, 2011
I managed to do that and now I have fully functional button -end call/skip next, mic and volume control :)

I got a a-jays one+ headset and found it was not compatible with Galaxy S . The sound was very low and only when I pressed the remote button (mic button) the audio was clear. Got to know frm the customer care that only handsets that have American Headset jack (AHJ) are compatible . I was suggested to go for a converter to use the headset. Anyways planning for handset upgrade(definitely will go for a handset with AHJ).

Hope it helps...

Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does it exist? I dont want Bluetooth ones. I want wired in-ear headphones so i can Change music track.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Media control is not possible through the 3.5mm connector on i9000, only mic and answer key will work. You can use those Nokia compatible 3.5mm earphones with mic. Please use the search function often.
    Buy PlayerPro in the market. It's an awesome music player, lacks EQ though ;(

But the main reason why it's my favourite is it supports being able to pause, previous and next song.

1 Click - Pause
    2 Click - Next song
    3 Click - Previous song

I'm using the earphones that come supplied with the Galaxy S. Being able to control you music is the only thing I miss from apple hardware but it's came to android through PlayerPro. Couldn't recommend this app any more.
    Hi guys.

I just had Samsung's AARM040EBECSTD headphones for 7 US$ and as you can see in picture it has mic + button + volume. So you can use for Play/Pause, Next track (double click with newest SGS fws) and volume. PowerAMP supports Previous track with triple click too.

The good side is I have tested and it works with any standard headphone with 3.5 mm plug. Mine is Koss Porta Pro and works perfectly. It is great when you go out during winter. One controller and most of the features are delivered.

samsung_35_mm_aarm040ebecstd.jpg