Does my requirements feature in a current ROM

Search This thread

andy46

Sep 30, 2010
Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?

• As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Firstly i don't wish this to be turned into a which one is best, as mostly this is all subjective depending on each users requirements....

What i would like to know is the following... Does a ROM currently exist which have the following things?

• As close to stock as possible
  • Option to select and to run phone in ART runtime
  • Theme engine present, OR ability to change icons whilst in ART mode

Essentially I'm looking for something close to Paranoid Android, BUT with ability to use ART runtime?

Thanks in Advance

why can't you use pa in art?

Last edited:

andy46

Sep 30, 2010
went can't you use pa in art?

I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.

Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I thought it wasn't 'compatible', or have i misread it? When i first installed PA 7mths ago i remember going to change it to ART, and a warning/error message came up from memory saying not possible, and not looked since.

Maybe i misread the msg or had a blonde moment months ago, and not bothered checking since

check for me please

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com

You completely misread the message.

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid

andy46

Sep 30, 2010

We don't support bug reports or issues if you are using art, as there are many apps incompatible with art in general.

If you read the message it stated the TEAM doesn't support it but you can switch to art if you want to. If it wasn't compatible, we would not have even given you the option

#stayparanoid

Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread! :eek:

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Yep, put it in ART now. Think when initially looked into it i just saw PA doesn't support... and obviously like an idiot didn't read any further!

Sorry for the pointless thread! :eek:

We tried to make the message clear enough but no matter the wording it came through as the ROM didn't support it for some reason. You most certainly aren't the only one.

Once Google makes art default we will support it as long as it's not an app issue. Some apps are not compatible with art

#stayparanoid

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
"Please note, ART is an experimental feature. Although it should work without issue, we cannot actively support any bugs or issues encountered - once activated"

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

#stayparanoid