[GUIDE] Unlock you i927 for free

Search This thread

CarpeNoctem

Mar 10, 2007
Copenhagen
www.osimood.com
This method has been sent to me by android235, I can not personally attest that it is working so please if you do that, make sure you have a backup or odin to reinstall your phone

After root, use a file explorer.
I use the ES File Explorer downloaded from the market:
- Launch it
- Goto "Settings> File Settings". Be sure that Show hidden files is checked
- Also be sure is checked "Settings > Root Explorer"
- In "Settings > Home directory" write "/" (without the quotes)
explore the "efs" folder in the root
- move the following files in a backup folder somewhere to your internal SD card (you will need them if you want to restore later to original phone setup) : .nv_core.bak, .nv_core.bak.md5, .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5, nv_data.bin, nv_data.bin.md5. Moving them they will be deleted from the efs folder (that's ok).
Reboot.
Now you will have it unlocked but with the generic IMEI.

Peace out.
All credit go to him and please don't forget to thanks him!

Zhenech

Dec 6, 2011
Nah. I meant whether it is possible to restore IMEI while still having unlock. If I restore the files, the lock should be back. (My glide is unlocked, but thats not the point)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA

joshua_tam

Dec 9, 2009
In fact, I have tried to hack the nv_data.bin but seems that it is not the same as galaxy SII and galaxy S.

Although you will get unlocked (generic IMEI) when removed those files,
I highly recommand that you have to backup them in a very safe place. Otherwise if you encounter any problems, you have to sent back to AT&T / Rogers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927R using XDA

EMegamanu

Aug 20, 2009
Lyon
This method is perfect ! My phone accept the Free Mobile's SIM card and is recognized by Orange and Free Mobile's networks.

(It connects too on the two another french carriers when theses networks are too low, I don't know why and if the reason is the AT&T ROM or the unlock method. By the way, although I am connected I can't do anything.)

Last edited:

petard

Feb 12, 2006
What do you mean by generic IMEI? Is it all 0s? Does this mean that it will no longer be detected as a smartphone?

sam.assad

Jun 11, 2011
I just tried this method and it did work for me thank u :)

one Q is there any way to fix genric IMEI and keep unlock .

Edit: I restore my files from a back up and relock the phone ..went to ebay bought unlock code for about 8 dollars ..Done

Last edited:

sigiloso

Jan 10, 2008

Edit: I restore my files from a back up and relock the phone ..went to ebay bought unlock code for about 8 dollars ..Done

I've done the same thing with another website -more expensive x-( (Fastgsm.com), although it worked.

The only problem though is that every now and then the phone asks me again for the network unlock code. This has forced me to carry a text message with the info on the phone. So far it has asked me 3 times the unlock code. Every time I input the same code received, every time it accepts it and gets unlocked. But I think this is strange, this is the first phone I had that this happens.

santimaster2000

Dec 25, 2009
Buenos Aires
I've done the same thing with another website -more expensive x-( (Fastgsm.com), although it worked.

The only problem though is that every now and then the phone asks me again for the network unlock code. This has forced me to carry a text message with the info on the phone. So far it has asked me 3 times the unlock code. Every time I input the same code received, every time it accepts it and gets unlocked. But I think this is strange, this is the first phone I had that this happens.

Maybe the ICS Update will fix this issue.

Lisali

Dec 29, 2010

Having the same problem here! It seems this is a Samsung issue. Very annoying - GRRRR!!!

ninthsense

Jul 11, 2008
Bangalore

Can you provide me with the ebay seller. I have a Rogers I927R which is locked to network.

urundai

Mar 13, 2008
Los Angeles
What do you mean by generic IMEI? Is it all 0s? Does this mean that it will no longer be detected as a smartphone?

I lost my backed up copy of nv_data.bin as my sd card is corrupted :mad: I am on a rogers captivate. Is there anyway to recover the IMEI as Straight Talk now complains that this device is locked from using network:eek:

Well, I found the following thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=881162) but need the values for these lines so I can update my nv_data.bin.

Can one of you help me out?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Ninj

Jul 6, 2008
I'm very interested in this thread since i'm french, and about to buy a phone in the US to use it here, in France.

If i understand well, the trick for unlocking it by file deletion is a bad idea since generic IMEI are not too well accepted on french networks, and when you buy an unlock code, it keeps prompting you sometimes.

My other option is the myTouch 4G Slide, so i'd probably better go for it ;)

d0nat0

Aug 13, 2009
I'm very interested in this thread since i'm french, and about to buy a phone in the US to use it here, in France.

If i understand well, the trick for unlocking it by file deletion is a bad idea since generic IMEI are not too well accepted on french networks, and when you buy an unlock code, it keeps prompting you sometimes.

My other option is the myTouch 4G Slide, so i'd probably better go for it ;)

you can unlock mytouch 4G Slide easy, but be warned some models have issues with wifi not being able to turn on unless on carrier rom. i know because i have one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This method has been sent to me by android235, I can not personally attest that it is working so please if you do that, make sure you have a backup or odin to reinstall your phone

After root, use a file explorer.
    I use the ES File Explorer downloaded from the market:
    - Launch it
    - Goto "Settings> File Settings". Be sure that Show hidden files is checked
    - Also be sure is checked "Settings > Root Explorer"
    - In "Settings > Home directory" write "/" (without the quotes)
    explore the "efs" folder in the root
    - move the following files in a backup folder somewhere to your internal SD card (you will need them if you want to restore later to original phone setup) : .nv_core.bak, .nv_core.bak.md5, .nv_data.bak, .nv_data.bak.md5, nv_data.bin, nv_data.bin.md5. Moving them they will be deleted from the efs folder (that's ok).
    Reboot.
    Now you will have it unlocked but with the generic IMEI.

Peace out.
    All credit go to him and please don't forget to thanks him!
    The method will work.. i had tested it earlier.. a generic imei will be assigned..
    however some operators do not accept generic IMEI..

Update: Previous posts
    Please go through posts 16 to 18 on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1416569&page=2
    Thanks for the procedure, it worked on a Rogers variant of the device. The IMEI number has been changed, though the device is connecting to Australian mobile carriers without any issues (have tested Optus and Telstra).

Has anyone tried flashing ICS firmware on the device after doing this procedure? Would flashing different firmware on the device undo this unlock? I am not sure whether or not these files get changed when the device is flashed.

I did this BEFORE I flashed ICS and it is still unlocked. Just make sure you kept a backup of the IMEI files just in case.