How bad is the camera..... really?

Search This thread

pnut22r

Oct 27, 2010
I've read around that people don't like the shutter speed or possible focus problems with the camera.

After the KitKat update, how is it? Faster/better? Manageable?

I have 2 kids and I need camera speed.

My wife has the Nexus 5 and it too has some focus problems, but the potential to take some great shots. Same here?

Anyone who can compare their camera experience with the nexus 5?

Thank you

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
The g2 and most other smartphone cameras aren't very good except for the Nokia's bit they run windows phone 8 so that's a huge disadvantage but it has a great camera you would be better off getting a nice digital camera or a Samsung camera

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

G

GuestX0057

The g2 and most other smartphone cameras aren't very good except for the Nokia's bit they run windows phone 8 so that's a huge disadvantage but it has a great camera you would be better off getting a nice digital camera or a Samsung camera
We all know that good quality digital cameras and naturally DSLRs are better than smartphone cameras but that doesn't change the fact that a phone is the one device that people will always have with them. And because of this camera quality does matter for many. So your answer doesn't really help mate - WP8 is a minority platform so if one was to choose an Android phone, is the G2 worth it camerawise?

Gnarfsan

Aug 10, 2010
I've read around that people don't like the shutter speed or possible focus problems with the camera.
I simply cannot get this camera to focus properly. Nothing is completely sharp. I did not have this problem on my SGS II, III and Note II. But if you don't need pictures of sharp text etc., the lighting is pretty good. Even in pretty dark situations, the pictures come out brighter and than you expect. But I miss my Note II camera which was rich in contrast, had fast and precise focus and did just as well in dark situations. This by the way is what you will also find in most reviews.
If you come from a cheaper phone, you will be impressed. If you come from a SGS III/Note II plus or iPhone 4 plus, you will be disappointed.

Edit: I have tried multiple ROMs, both AOSP and Stock and also multiple camera apps like the stock app, lenovo, CMs cam app, Open Camera, modified stock camera apps from this forum and more that I cannot remember. Same thing.

Oh and yeah, the focus is very slow compared to some of the competition. You need to prepare your shot a little in advance. Unlike Samsungs cameras that are almost instant.

All said, I would prefer this phone to any other at the moment if you look at the phone as a whole.

Last edited: