[HOWTO] Root Your Desire In 1 Click With UnrEVOked! (UnrEVOked 3.2 Compatible)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
HOWTO: Root & Flash a Permanent Custom Recovery Image in 1 Click With UnrEVOked

I did not make UnrEVOked, I just make the guide :)

Why?

It enables you to root easily & have a custom recovery image installed (like Hero or G1) so that you can have access to Recovery anywhere. (& Backup SD EXT)

Can I get Back?

You can get back very easily by using an HTC RUU for your network which you can find here. Or use one of my OpenRUUs for Linux & Mac users.

Requirements:

A HTC Desire
Patience!
A PC, Mac or Linux (Linux or Mac recommended because you will have no problems with drivers or HTC Sync.)

NOTE: When UnrEVOked 3.2x is released, This method WILL work with it.
You can check UnrEVOked's Twitter feed to check if it has been released yet or join #unrevokedtest IRC here to see if there are any test builds avalible.
(FYI, 3.2 roots FroYo)

Follow my guide here to root & flash a recovery image! http://bit.ly/c53S7A
(the guide is on my site so I can edit it easily and to prevent all the copies becoming out of date.)

Donate:

If you would like to donate to the developers, donate to EFF by clicking here: https://secure.eff.org/site/Donatio...ID=1040&JServSessionIdr004=zp736oudi2.app209a
(This is not a donation to me)

Last edited:
Reactions: moooooooon8

42turkeys

Apr 18, 2010
Nope, developers have locked it completey up so that HTC can't figure out the method. It's the same group that did the evo 4g root so it is legit. This is different to fake-flash because you get a permanent custom recovery image when you hold power + home.

MojUk

Sep 22, 2009
South West
So this is the real deal then? It will be just like the flashing method we have always known on older HTC phones (G1, Magic, Hero etc)? Will need to figure out if i need to remove fake-flash or anything else for that matter before i consider it i think...

MrPaveL

May 26, 2007
Praha
Guys, i was brave enough to try it ;-) And it actually works (it replaces original HTC recovery), soo no fake-flash or PC needed to boot up recovery.

This is a great. Who should i donate to? ;-))

Pavel

dnlgee

May 17, 2010
Newcastle
twitter.com
So this basically removes the steps that doesn't even take a minute to boot into recovery? Or am I missing something..

Seems like a bit of gaff to remove a menu or two from boot.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Uhm... Is this for the EVO, as it's called "unrEVOked"?

Installed the driver mentioned in the docs, and ran the program with usb debugging enabled on the desire, and nothing happens....

*edit* Sorry... unplugged it, and plugged it back in (with phone on), and it seemed to do something... rebooted the phone, went into recovery... rebooted again... phone booted up and looks normal... pc app says "waiting for reboot" and not much happens now.... Waited 5 min... Pulled USB cable and pc app says "communications with phone unexpectedly interrupted, try again"...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HOWTO: Root & Flash a Permanent Custom Recovery Image in 1 Click With UnrEVOked

I did not make UnrEVOked, I just make the guide :)

Why?

It enables you to root easily & have a custom recovery image installed (like Hero or G1) so that you can have access to Recovery anywhere. (& Backup SD EXT)

Can I get Back?

You can get back very easily by using an HTC RUU for your network which you can find here. Or use one of my OpenRUUs for Linux & Mac users.

Requirements:

A HTC Desire
    Patience!
    A PC, Mac or Linux (Linux or Mac recommended because you will have no problems with drivers or HTC Sync.)

NOTE: When UnrEVOked 3.2x is released, This method WILL work with it.
    You can check UnrEVOked's Twitter feed to check if it has been released yet or join #unrevokedtest IRC here to see if there are any test builds avalible.
    (FYI, 3.2 roots FroYo)

Follow my guide here to root & flash a recovery image! http://bit.ly/c53S7A
    (the guide is on my site so I can edit it easily and to prevent all the copies becoming out of date.)

Donate:

If you would like to donate to the developers, donate to EFF by clicking here: https://secure.eff.org/site/Donatio...ID=1040&JServSessionIdr004=zp736oudi2.app209a
    (This is not a donation to me)