[Q] Themes breaking RC2...

Search This thread

Mister9

Aug 20, 2010
Lancaster
Hey there; I have a problem. I'm not sure where to post this as owain's thread is now locked, so decided to create a new thred (My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere on the forum - the search function of the xda app simply sucks).
Anyway, the problem is that whenever I try to install a theme through xrecovery it will shove the phone into bootloop, does anyone know how to fix this? I tried a few seperate themes to no avail.
Thanks in advance.

D4rKn3sSyS

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2011
Medellín
Install right baseband, do a full wipe and clean install? for god love, I write this text 7 times faster than first time :)

Mister9

Aug 20, 2010
Lancaster
Install right baseband, do a full wipe and clean install? for god love, I write this text 7 times faster than first time :)

Give us some more info like wich rom do u use?

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App

Baseband version:
M76XX-TSNCJOLYM-5340415
Kernel Version:
Mod Version:
xCyanogenPro By Owain94 &Slade87
Build Number:
RC2

This should answer both of you. I thought that was the latest baseband version, and I've not had problems before I installed RC2; I am 99% sure that that's when I started having the problems. Also yes I did do a full wipe and clean restore a few times... Well by that I mean I did a "Factory reset" from xrecovery, if you meant restoring with PC Companion then forget it :p I'd rather stick with this default theme than do that xD. But there must be a simpler fix, right?

P.S. Thanks for replying owain; it's nice to see that you still care about your rom users :p

Mister9

Aug 20, 2010
Lancaster
Okay... no reply to that. I checked across the forum and that definitely is the correct and latest baseband. Could this maybe have something to do with me restoring a backup from titanium? It's the only thing I can think of right now. Is there at least a log that I can check on my phone after I've attempted to install a theme? Or is that not possible to retrieve on a bricked phone?

Edit: Oh one more thing; I know that flashing zips through xrecovery isn't the problem as I successfully flashed dual touch through it. But before you say it; it can't be flashing dual-touch that caused my current problem, as I tried flashing themes before flashing dual-touch and it bricked my phone. I'm pretty sure I can't provide any more information now as to what might be the cause of the problem.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Give us some more info like wich rom do u use?

Sent from my U20i using XDA Premium App
    well the theme's are for MDPI size :p
    the roms were in MDPI but rc2 is is LDPI so it won't work