[APP] One Click Root for NS4G!

Search This thread

chris378

Nov 6, 2010
Elizabethtown, KY
Thanks to shabbypenguin we now have a very good form of a OneClickRoot. Pls donate where Donations are deserved. PM him for his Paypal. Enjoy!
I will Also Post a Mirror here Soon

http://www.holylivingfuck.com/Stuff/One-Click-Nexus-S-4G.zip URL Fixed!
Mirror

download the zip, extract it, read the readme

or if your lazy just run pdanet first, then run the run.bat

Last edited:

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
Update fully working :D

big shoutout to Austineasleyinfo for continued patience and testing :D

the moment yall have been waiting for, qbking made another one of his awesome videos for this app :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZMAkp89fao

chrisgrod from mycricketforum was nice enough to make a how to video using the one click :) check it out here and make sure to give him a nice thumbs up for teh like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VfPwUzHsM

Uploaded version 2.0

Changelog:
Added busybox install
Removed that pesky installrecovery.sh so now anyone running this will have cwm
upgraded to cwm 4.0.0.2 orange courtesy of j_r0dd

http://goo.gl/VaJmc

if you have any issues at all pm me as it get them as emails so i can know if someone is having problems.

lol this is for the ns4g as it uses crespo4g recovery, i know the nexus s could flash it but i am unaware of any ill side effects. i think worst case is you wont be able to flash a nexus s rom :O

its hosted on my server so dont worry about bandwidth or it going anywhere

Last edited:

jinsoku3g

Sep 23, 2008
East Coast
Nice work! I don't see why people were trying to flame the idea. Its one less thing new users have to figure out. It'll keep a lit of newbie question threads from starting too.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

humdrum2009

Account currently disabled
Oct 3, 2010
Good work man

When you told me ,you were getting an ns4g i was sold.
Knowing the hard work you put into the epic. I knew it would be the same for the nexus 4g.
Thanks for the hard work:D

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
Last edited:

mikeyinid

Sep 4, 2010
Boise
Shabby, awesome job! I have a question on this. Will people still have to install drivers and sdk to do this? Im rooted, so I dont need it :p
But, my brother just picked up his NS4G today, and I dont wanna team view for 3 hours to get him all set up...

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
Shabby, awesome job! I have a question on this. Will people still have to install drivers and sdk to do this? Im rooted, so I dont need it :p
But, my brother just picked up his NS4G today, and I dont wanna team view for 3 hours to get him all set up...

no way to avoid installing the drivers tho, i included a readme and pdanet as it not only is a good program, but uses a nice easy installer for the drivers

Reactions: mikeyinid

K@ng2011

May 30, 2010
Phoenix
shabbypenguin, I honor & Knight thee with the following code.

Android Code of Honor

I am an Android Developer.
I serve the people of the Android Community and live by Developers Values.
I will always place the ROM first.
I will never accept bad modems.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen user.
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my developer tasks and betas. I always maintain my handset, my dev environment, and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I donate where donations are due.
I stand ready to deploy, test, and employ the greatest ROMs of the Development Community with eagerness.
I am a guardian of freedom and the Developers way of life.
I am an Android Developer.

The Honorable "parabola949"

simon.ponder

May 12, 2010
Burlington
Whatever

Dude, I posted a solution at post #23, which is the same thing that shabby posted at post #26 in the bounty thread.

I am not discounting shabby as I am sure he knew how to do exactly what he did, but next time you offer something, you should pony up to the first solution that does what you requested.

Compare my batch file to his if you don't have any faith. Just because I made sure you were serious, and you took offense, doesn't mean you shouldn't do what is right.

And by the way, I apologized for any hurt feelings over my, "Are you serious" comment.

EDIT - I was missing a library, fair enough. Statement Retracted.

Last edited:

jinsoku3g

Sep 23, 2008
East Coast
Dude, I posted a solution at post #23, which is the same thing that shabby posted at post #26 in the bounty thread.

I am not discounting shabby as I am sure he knew how to do exactly what he did, but next time you offer something, you should pony up to the first solution that does what you requested.

Compare my batch file to his if you don't have any faith. Just because I made sure you were serious, and you took offense, doesn't mean you shouldn't do what is right.

And by the way, I apologized for any hurt feelings over my, "Are you serious" comment.

But it was about 15 posts after that the oneclickroot was finished..by shabby. Solutions and products are *****es. Look at zuckerberg.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Premium App

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010

i understand your concern about this issue, but i think it was more of a mine had everything included in it from the get go, whereas your option (at the time) still required drivers to be searched and used.

also
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etx/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system

wouldnt have done anything as system is mounted to
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/platform/s3c-sdhci.0/by-name/system /system

and as a side note the su zip wouldnt have pushed as when you flashed cwm it unmounts the sdcard, have to go in and manually mount it.

again i am sorry but i was the first one to have a fully working version.. if you have any issue with this please either post in the other thread, or take this to a pm

jinsoku3g

Sep 23, 2008
East Coast
i understand your concern about this issue, but i think it was more of a mine had everything included in it from the get go, whereas your option (at the time) still required drivers to be searched and used.

also

wouldnt have done anything as system is mounted to

and as a side note the su zip wouldnt have pushed as when you flashed cwm it unmounts the sdcard, have to go in and manually mount it.

again i am sorry but i was the first one to have a fully working version.. if you have any issue with this please either post in the other thread, or take this to a pm

Shabby, I returned to stock to try this out and after the unlock when it boots into recovery, it's getting hung up at the android logo and an exclamation point. What would cause that?

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
sounds like there was an issue flashing cwm, whats mind pastebin'in me the output of the terminal?

shabbypenguin

May 30, 2010
ah yes, this zip is assuming you dont have path set/sdk installed ill look into making a newer version thats a bit more advanced tomorrow. prolly whip up a linux friendly version as well. can try mac but no guarantees

on a side note might wanna update your sdk as the newer ones use "platform-tools" for adb/fastboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks to shabbypenguin we now have a very good form of a OneClickRoot. Pls donate where Donations are deserved. PM him for his Paypal. Enjoy!
    I will Also Post a Mirror here Soon

http://www.holylivingfuck.com/Stuff/One-Click-Nexus-S-4G.zip URL Fixed!
    Mirror

download the zip, extract it, read the readme

or if your lazy just run pdanet first, then run the run.bat
    Update fully working :D

big shoutout to Austineasleyinfo for continued patience and testing :D

the moment yall have been waiting for, qbking made another one of his awesome videos for this app :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZMAkp89fao

chrisgrod from mycricketforum was nice enough to make a how to video using the one click :) check it out here and make sure to give him a nice thumbs up for teh like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3VfPwUzHsM

Uploaded version 2.0

Changelog:
    Added busybox install
    Removed that pesky installrecovery.sh so now anyone running this will have cwm
    upgraded to cwm 4.0.0.2 orange courtesy of j_r0dd

http://goo.gl/VaJmc

if you have any issues at all pm me as it get them as emails so i can know if someone is having problems.

lol this is for the ns4g as it uses crespo4g recovery, i know the nexus s could flash it but i am unaware of any ill side effects. i think worst case is you wont be able to flash a nexus s rom :O

Same here with the mirror its not going anywhere :)

no way to avoid installing the drivers tho, i included a readme and pdanet as it not only is a good program, but uses a nice easy installer for the drivers
    Oh, but mine was no good? :/

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

well for one man all yours did was unlock the bootloader and flash the nexus s recovery.. 3.1.0.1 is the first working version for the nexus s 4g. on a side note did you happen to look at yours compared to simon's? no?

http://pastebin.com/ge2ur1f5 yours
    http://pastebin.com/eDyCi53C his

just for giggles http://pastebin.com/7A6uXjKM is mine. anyways as chris has already paid simon for it its pretty much a moot point.

so now being back on topic, i have no idea on why people are haviong this issue ive tried it on 3 different windows computers installing the drivers as i did it and yet it still flashes cwm for me. the only thing i can think to do is create a stop/go version with debugging in every line and have people figure out whats going on. but clearly the cwm isnt getting flashed which i dont know why i built a failsafe in if it cant find the recovery to end the script before it even starts...

EDIT ok i think i got it this time, please try one last time..